Coffee klatsch
December 2nd, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic.

You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. RichardIcicleHead

Good Freezing Morning from N. Little Rock. Big Blue looks like an icicle monument to a Cola ICEE. More sleet on the way,so it's gonna be a DVD day,with Hot Chocolate and Subway Meata Ball sandwiches. Haven't seen an sand truck on I-40 since late yesterday afternoon. On the bright side….Full of fuel,heaters working great….and I get to laugh at the Truckers slipping and sliding in the parking lot as they try to walk their way to the Store. Note to self…Do Not wear sneakers while walking on ice. Stay warm and safe,all.

December 6, 2013 at 9:43 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Be careful out there. Maybe you need a pair of silk long underwears like Truth received!

December 6, 2013 at 9:48 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I love Subway Meatball sammiches.

Pepperjack cheese, onions, bell pepper – then toast. Add some oregano and some spicy mustard. Heaven

December 6, 2013 at 9:57 am |
    • Sir Biddle@RH

You need some of those ice creepers for your shoes. Stay frosty!

December 6, 2013 at 10:13 am |
      • Mary Shannon

I love those ice creepers that you can put onto your shoes, I can't get through dog walking in the winter without them!

December 6, 2013 at 10:15 am |
        • Sir Biddle

I can imagine those with be critical to have especially with the critters yanking on the leash.

December 6, 2013 at 10:21 am |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

Be a man, get a pair of skates.

December 6, 2013 at 11:41 am |
    • The Witty One@RH

Stay toasty!

December 6, 2013 at 10:17 am |
    • JBJingles@RIH

Stay safe and warm my friend!

December 6, 2013 at 11:31 am |
    • AleeD® @ RichIceyHd

Awww. You're heart's too warm for you to be Icey Headed. Any new DVD's in your collection? T!tles that won't wake up the Modbotz. :)

December 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm |
  2. Mary Shannon

57 here yesterday, 42 this morning and temps will drop from there. Snowy mix expected tonight and Sunday and 30's all next week. Pass the hand sanitizer please, people will be coughing and sneezing everywhere!

December 6, 2013 at 9:22 am |
  3. Truth™

Good morning all and Happy Friday.
    Two below on the way into the office and a high of nine expected today. Sunday's high is expected to be eighteen when Denver beats up on Tennessee.

Anyone have major weekend plans?

December 6, 2013 at 9:16 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Flying to SF on Sunday if I can thread the needle of weather between, rain, freezing rain, and snow forecast right about the time I depart. Joy!

December 6, 2013 at 9:18 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Are you a Seahawk player in disguise?

December 6, 2013 at 9:59 am |
        • Sir Biddle

I'll be rooting for the 9'ers in your honor. That and I don't want to stand out with the locals on Monday night.

December 6, 2013 at 10:10 am |
    • JBJingles@Truth

Good morning back and TGIF! I gave my weather report under Jdizz'z post. Now, how are those silkie unnerwears doin' for ya?

December 6, 2013 at 11:38 am |
      • Truth™@JBJ

I am referring to them as "my new winter home"...

December 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
  4. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

BBBBRRRRRRR!!!!!

-3°F
    FEELS LIKE -20°

Looks like Denver in the same boat

December 6, 2013 at 9:15 am |
    • JBJingles@Jdizz

and you left Phoenix for that?? I'll whine some more on my 36* this morning, high of only 57...brrr. But in all fairness, I did live in Fargo, ND when I was in 1st Grade, and yes I did have to walk a mile to school on 10ft snow drifts, seriously, then they made us walk home for lunch as well. Maybe this is why I am so cold weather adverse...

Off to Phoenix tomorrow, but I don't think they are any warmer...

December 6, 2013 at 11:35 am |
  5. RichardHead@KAT

Clean UP on aisle 3 please–FFP thread. Thank You Kitten and stay warm.

December 5, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Already done!

December 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm |
      • Jerv

Looks like the azz hat is back this morning. I'll pitch in with a bucket of paint and a pink jock strap to get rid of the troll.

Y'all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

December 6, 2013 at 7:26 am |
        • AleeD®@Jerv

Troll-be-gone. *chuckle* Sounds like the latest product from Raid. :)
          How YOU doing these days? Life at the horse-pistol keeping you on your toes?

December 6, 2013 at 7:53 am |
        • Jerv@AleeD

Thank you for asking. Doing very well and staying way to fracking busy. Cuts into Klatching time. Loved your cookie post yesterday. You done with the house yet?

December 6, 2013 at 8:05 am |
        • AleeD®@Jerv

I like being busy. Makes time seem to go faster. With that recipe, it's critical to beat the turnerer and separate the fried druit. ^_^

House finished? No and thank YOU for asking. Everything got put on hold this year for reasons relating to both hubby's and my work. The guest room, however is finished except for some wall hangings & a TV. We've hosted guests twice and have had no complaints. Rah! So I guess that means Hotel Floridork is in bidness! ;)))

December 6, 2013 at 8:26 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Jerv

Don't use the troll as an excuse to dance around like the guy in Silence of the Lambs.

December 6, 2013 at 8:39 am |
        • Jerv@SirB

LM AO! He ll, I don't need an excuse to do that! How are the Little Biddles?

December 6, 2013 at 8:47 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Jerv

A new Kimono for Jerv is now on my Christmas list.

Lil Bid are doing well. #2 has food allergies that are a pain to deal with and he has become a picky eater, so we got that going for us which is real nice. How is life with you in the Confederate Capitol?

December 6, 2013 at 8:55 am |
        • Jerv@SirB

Hmm, I can't imagine what it would be like to feed a little one that is a picky eater with food allergies. That's a tough one I must admit. Richmond is the same. Every mornings news cast consists of a fire, a shooting, a killing and it's business as usual. Sad. On the bright side, Pops sold his house, moved in with me and he is a fantastic cook. Have a great day SirB and all.

December 6, 2013 at 9:11 am |
  6. *****BREAKING NEWS*****

Nelson Mandela has died…..

December 5, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
    • Truth™

WOW!
      Rest in peace sir, you have earned it. You have inspired a nation and without firing a shot, brought about positive change.

December 5, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Profoundly agree and Like. Well said Mr. T.

December 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Is there a man on this earth that can take his cause as well as he?
      A worldly Icon – he will be missed but not forgotten.

December 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm |
  7. Sir Biddle

So sad our society is becoming more insecure thanks to social media. Why do we feel a need to cater so much to what others think of us?

December 5, 2013 at 4:06 pm |
    • Truth™@Biddle

That is so sad on many levels...

December 5, 2013 at 5:02 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

I think he did this as a form of humor and entertainment. I say its silly, plain silly.

December 5, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

And hey! Look at all the huge publicity he got. I'd call that a good score.

December 5, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
  8. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

So here's a scenario:

At lunch I walk two blocks away in the blustering cold winter wind and order a cup of soup for lunch. The dude behind the counter turnes around and pours me a cup and hands it to me. I get a bag of chips from the rack. When handed the receipt, there's a line for a tip. Do I?

LOL. Of course not. What did he do that was special for my $5 lunch? Then drudged back in the -8* windchill to the break room to eat it. I consider myself a good tipper, but why should I when you took 25 seconds to pour me a cup of soup?

I find weird places with tip lines these days, and if you don't you feel guilty

December 5, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

Yea. That would be a NO TIP! situation.

December 5, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
    • AleeD®

I agree with Biddle: no tip for that service. I can't think of a scenario where I would walk up to a counter, order my food and leave a tip.

December 6, 2013 at 6:41 am |
  9. Sir Biddle

December 5, 2013 at 3:27 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Biddle

Did you see Wendell's music video last night? lol

December 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

I'm behind an episode or two. Usually watch it on demand.

December 5, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
  10. Mary Shannon

We've said farewell to some of our pets on this thread in the past, so I wanted to post a few words about Dad's former dog, who I just heard passed yesterday. Fritz was a dachshund, 15 years old, and was a great companion to both Dad and Mom. After Mom passed, Fritz sat at the top of the stairs for days waiting for her to come home, and when he wasn't there, he was at Dad's side.

When Dad's hospitalizations started this summer, he came to the realization that he couldn't keep Fritz even if he is able to return home, so I was lucky enough to have a new owner find him. One of the kennel staff where he was being boarded offered to adopt him, and we happily said yes. Fritz spent the last few months eating well, getting exercise and losing weight, he became the mayor of the kennel, visiting each cage and saying hi to the other doggies daily.

Yesterday when he was running around at the kennel he suffered a heart attack, and despite his new owner doing dog CPR it was too late. My vet called today to let me know, I'm not telling Dad just yet, but wanted to share this with all of you animal lovers. I guess his work here was done.

December 5, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
    • RichardHead

I'm so sorry, Ms.P. WD will be waiting for Fritz.

December 5, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
    • AleeD® @ Mary S

))))))HUGS(((((( I'm so sorry Sweetie. ))))))HUGS((((((

December 5, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Agree and good post and tried not to cry about the meeting on Rainbow Bridge. (((HUG)))

December 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm |
    • Truth™@Mary

I think he and Mom have a meeting at the rainbow bridge right about now...

December 5, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

Sorry to hear about Fritz Mary.

December 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm |
  11. mgcady

Hmmmm.... pho for lunch....

December 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

Jealous, although we are supposed to hit the upper 60's today. Love pho during the cold weather.

December 5, 2013 at 12:17 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

-9 with the windchill here.

I don't want to here any bi***ng about 38*

December 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Ya hey, how she going' Not that cold out here in da ice shanty. The Walleye er really startin to bite!

December 5, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Time to watch Grumpy Old Men again!

December 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
        • Truth™@JDizz, Biddle

I was in Minnesota some years back, and at lunch, I had a fried Walleye sandwich on buttered French bread that was a religious experience. I had seconds actually, it was that good...

December 5, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
        • AleeD®

*cough* 82 *cough* Dang. My rumrunner is melting.

38 deg C? That's over 100 deg F. You must be sweltering. ^_^

December 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
      • mgcady

Well, we're in a warm spell with a high of maybe 50. And I've been under the weather.

December 5, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
      • The Witty One@Sir B

I'm coming back from indiana tonight and the cold weather will be right on my tail!

December 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Better than a coffee enema, then again. once the wind goes in your tail, its got to come out.

December 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
        • Abby Sciuto

Here I thought the hippo's name was Bert. Turns out it's TWO ... heh-heh ... NUMBER TWO ... heh-heh.

December 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm |

ME LIKEY ABBY!!!

December 5, 2013 at 2:53 pm |
        • The Witty One@Sir B

First off...gross but funny.

Second. I love ABBY TOO...or TWO...or whatever.

December 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm |
        • The Witty One@Sir B

you might even say that I am pro-scuito...

I'm such a ham!

December 5, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
        • Abby Sciuto

TWO for the WIN!!
          Maybe that should be "wind?"

December 5, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
        • Truth™@TWO, Biddle

I always thought that Abby and Ducky need to run off an have a torrid, passionate, steamy affair.

December 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

You smoked that one like a ham TWO!

December 5, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
  12. JBJingles

Heidi Hoe! I almost called in cold this morning...38 degrees is insane for So Cal, brrrrrr.

I have month end reporting and mid year reviews due soon, so be good and have a nice weekend if I don't get back over here. :)

December 5, 2013 at 11:26 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Wait a minute--What'd you call me??

December 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
  13. Mary Shannon

Hi, everyone. Even though I haven't been posting much this week, I've followed the antics with interest. But, its Thursday, less busy day here, so I popped in to say hello.

What's new in your world these days? Mine has been full of work meetings, decisions on Dad's future residence and all sorts of fun like that.

December 5, 2013 at 9:17 am |
  14. Truth™, With the Trivia Question of the Day...

Good morning all, and may happy returns to DJPhil. Enjoy the day, and may you have decades more.

In a recent survey, corporate employees noted THIS as the major reason they will show restraint and discretion and refrain from "hooking up" at upcoming company Holiday parties...

December 5, 2013 at 9:07 am |
    • Mary Shannon

SH lawsuits

December 5, 2013 at 9:14 am |
    • The Witty One@Truth

Because they work in a family business?

December 5, 2013 at 9:24 am |
    • Truth™, With the Trivia Question of the Day...

No, and no...

December 5, 2013 at 9:29 am |
    • AleeD®@ TQOD™

For fear that someone will post on Facebook? It's why I don't have an acct. :)

December 5, 2013 at 9:33 am |
      • Truth™, With the Trivia Question of the Day...

DINGDINGDING!!!!!!!!!!
        We have a winner...Apparently people are finally learning the fact that drunken tomfoolery usually winds up on the internets. Significant others and their attorneys tend to not like that sort of this.

For winning today's contest, you win the official 2014 "Men of Eatocracy" calendar and an embroidered Eatocracy Bustier in black leather. Enjoy it Darlin'!

December 5, 2013 at 9:47 am |
        • AleeD®@TQOD™

Thank you, thank you. Do tell Mr. Emcee, what is the design of the embroidered feature? ~_~

December 5, 2013 at 10:41 am |
    • TNT

Because the spouses are invited this year?

December 5, 2013 at 9:37 am |
      • Sir Biddle

Some holiday parties can turn into key parties. Depends on where you work. Ask Jerv about this.

December 5, 2013 at 12:19 pm |
    • RichardHead

The Fear of Erectile Dysfunction..?

December 5, 2013 at 9:50 am |
      • AleeD®@RichHd

There's an app for that.

December 5, 2013 at 10:39 am |
        • MicheleG™

"LIKE!" Really LIKE that app.......

December 5, 2013 at 12:25 pm |
  15. RichardHead@DJ

HAPPY BIRTHDAY--DJ. Make it a Great Day. :))

December 5, 2013 at 8:05 am |
  16. AleeD®@Favorite Christmas ... Recipe

AleeOops' Christmas Cookies:

1 cup of water
    lemon juice
    1 tsp baking soda
    4 large eggs
    1 cup of sugar
    1 cup nuts
    1 tsp salt
    2 cups of dried fruit
    1 cup of brown sugar
    1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another cup, just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Jack Daniel's to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jack Daniel's. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
    Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Dack Janiels and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

December 5, 2013 at 7:35 am |
    • RC@ AleeD®

Aw crap......there went the coffee-out the nose!!! Damn, I'm still laughing!

December 5, 2013 at 10:36 am |
    • The Witty One@AleeD

I have the exact same recipe with Vodka!

December 5, 2013 at 11:13 am |
    • MicheleG™

Another bit of PERFECTION! I like Gentleman Jack myself....

December 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Classic Holiday recipe. I think someone has posted this every year.

December 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
      • MicheleG™

and well worth repeating! Made the moment!

December 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm |
  17. AleeD®@DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God & Birthday Man

Happy Birthday!!! In honor of your birthday and your position as Chief Executive DJ extraordinaire, I humbly post the following:

(start watching at the 1:15 mark)

December 5, 2013 at 7:28 am |
  18. RC with a recipe@JBJ

Bourbon Balls
    1 12oz. package Vanilla Wafers
    1 cup chopped pecans (or you nut of choice)
    3/4 cup powdered sugar
    2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup bourbon (let your conscience be you guide)
    2 1/2 tblsp light corn syrup
    Combine 1st 4 ingredients, mix well
    Combine bourbon and corn syrup
    Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix well
    Form into 1" balls
    Roll in either powdered or granulated sugar
    Enjoy! The longer they sit, the better they are!

December 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
    • JBJingles@RC

Sounds like I can manage this, but may sub the bourbon for rum, yum. Thanks.

December 4, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
      • RC with a recipe@JBJ

To each their own:) My mom also used to individually wrap them in clear wrap and tie each with a ribbon.

December 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm |
    • TNT

Yum! Good snack to leave out for Santa. Lol!

December 5, 2013 at 6:59 am |
      • RC

I always wondered why he flew so erratically when he left our house........

December 5, 2013 at 10:39 am |
        • MicheleG™

touche'

December 5, 2013 at 9:57 pm |
  19. Truth™, who just opened the first present of the season...

Somebody really knows where I live. I just received a box at the office, with the first Christmas present of the year. SILK LONG JOHNS!!!!!

I am going to be living in the things until this weather breaks!

December 4, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

I thought you were going to say this: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/12/11/national-update-your-parents-spice-rack-month/#comment-776212

December 4, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
      • Truth™@Kat

Sounds like you really know where I live as well there Darlin'!

December 4, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

How do you like your flamenon spiced?

December 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

That has Truth written all over it.

December 4, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
  20. The Witty One

I'm sure everyone has seen it but I can't get enough of it :)

December 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Same here.
      And last week guess what was hanging out in my yard? A red fox. No kidding.
      And at night when he was dancing with our cat I heard what the fox says.
      He says: Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingergeding!
      We still have that mean'ol cat ;)

December 5, 2013 at 11:29 pm |
    • RC

OK. that was reeeeaaalllllyyyyy weird. Strangely entertaining, but weird.

December 8, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  21. myrtlemaylee

Hey – I have a question for you devoted foodies. We're planning a holiday party & researching egg recipes to be included. Besides the obvious devilled eggs, scotch eggs I recently saw Laura Calder do something called "Piedmont" eggs. Hard boiled eggs marinated overnite in oil, anchovies, tomato paste & the "sauce" is supposed to be a great bread dip.

Have any of you tried the recipe or something similar? Does it actually infuse the eggs w/the flavors? The reviews I saw were mostly positive except for one that said the eggs didn't soak up anything & they were disappointed in the recipe.

Meaning no disrespect to the original poster, I thought perhaps she didn't realize the eggs had to be shelled before marinating, but I've never tried this technique so...does it work? Is it simply eggs w/a delicious sauce or do the eggs actually absorb some flavor? Thanks very much.

December 4, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
    • SUJ

Why don't you talk to Laura? She's one of the nicest people I know, I can't imagine her ignoring your question.

December 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • JBJingles@myrt

Instead of using the traditional deviled egg filling using the yolks, why not fill the hard boiled egg halfs with other interesting mixes, crab salad, baby shrimp c0cktails, etc.? Just a thought. Personally, I wouldn't touch a pickled hard boiled egg, they just look gross to me...

December 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm |
      • RC@JBJ

"crab salad, baby shrimp c0cktails" That sounds eggcellent! Sorry-couldn't resist, but it does sound good-especially the crab salad.

December 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
        • JBJingles@RC

But then you need to come up with something to use up the yolks...

December 4, 2013 at 3:26 pm |
        • AleeD®@JBJingles

If not, then the yolks on you.

December 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
  22. The Witty One@Kat

Hi Kat!

Have you ever thought of having CNN do some eatocracy stuff and selling it around the holiday? I know it has been suggested before and maybe I just missed the answer.

You could donate all the proceeds to a food bank or something!

December 4, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
    • JBJingles@TWO

Great idea and welcome back!

December 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm |
      • The Witty One@JBJ

Thanks! It's been a crazy busy year and I miss everyone! Hopefully I'll be swinging by a little more often. I have some rare downtime at my client today so I figured I'd swing by.

December 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Oh, I wish we could! There's actually a great CNN store in the Atlanta bureau, but nothing Eatocracy branded. And my cutting board broke. I'm bummed.

December 4, 2013 at 3:12 pm |
      • The Witty One@Kat

Is it hard to get a good cutting board nowadays? My parents were mentioning over the holidays that theirs is 30+ years old! They don't make things like they used to :(

December 4, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
  23. Breaking News®

Actor Paul Walker died of traumatic and thermal injuries, the Los Angeles County coroner said today.
    (Soooooo, fire?)

Now back to your regularly scheduled Eat-io-syn-cracies)

December 4, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
    • RC

Wow. Masters of the obvious....

December 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
    • Truth™@Breaking News

Never heard of the guy, but that does NOT sound like a fun way to go...

December 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm |
      • Breaking News® @ Turth™

Are you familiar with the Fast and the Furious franchise (who doesn't like a healthy dose of alliteration?)? He & Vin Diesel make testosterone a tasty movie-going snack. ~_~

December 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm |
        • RC

My wife says she doesn't care if Vin is g@y or not. "He can just keep talking and I'll keep...". Well, you know.....

December 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
        • Truth™@Breaking News

HE was involved in Fast and Furious???

He and Eric Holder need to be doing jail time for that fiasco...

December 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
    • SUJ

fried or boiled?

December 4, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
    • SUJ

Well, my girl friends always have said Paul Walker was smoking hot.

December 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm |

Okay. Enough. Not funny.

December 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
  24. JBJingles_Question of the Day

What is your favorite childhood Christmas (or Holiday) baked treats, the stuff grandma or mom used to make every year...

Mine is the what we called the "nut butter ballz", rolled in the powdered sugar after baking when still warm. Yum

December 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Mine will always be The Bob Armstrong Dip. Feliz Navidad !!

December 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm |

Bourbon Balls!

December 4, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
      • AleeD®

Mmmm (not in my usual gutter mentality either). Mom occasionally made them with rum as a change. I was around 14 y.o. when she first started making them and it was the only time she sanctioned consuming alcohol. :) Mmmmm.

December 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
    • Truth™@QOD

When I was a young'un, we had a friend of the family who made scotch shortbread. I used to OD on the stuff.

December 4, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
    • JBJingles@RH, RC, Truth

RH – Good one, but I have to go back to Austin to get me some.

RC – Need...that....recipe...

Truth – Ditto, those sound amazing!

December 4, 2013 at 1:11 pm |
      • RC@JBJ

I'll try and round up the recipe. Pretty sure Mom has it. I haven't made them in years.

December 4, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • AleeD®

Ranch oyster crackers. To this day, I ask her to make them when we gather at the holidays. She don't 'member too good anymore, but she remembers this is my fave.

December 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
      • RC@ AleeD®

Elaborate, please.

December 4, 2013 at 1:35 pm |
      • AleeD® @ RC

I've never made them because they're "her thing" at the holidays. She tosses oyster crackers with some amount of oil and a package of ranch dressing. If you want savory instead of sweet, this is your snack.

There's a recipe on the 'net that, if you leave out the dill weed, lemon pepper, garlic & onion powders, that's what she makes. Good sheet, Mon.

December 4, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
        • RC@ AleeD®

Sounds yummy. With all the other goodies also.

December 4, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
        • AleeD®@RC again

Alee's Mom's Oyster Cracker Mixology (this is a fo' real recipe this time)

Make the day before you want to eat them.

Dissolve one packet of Ranch Dressing into one cup of oil.
          Use what ever oil you like – one that is tasteless is best.
          Dump the oyster crackers into a gallon-size zip-lock bag.
          Pour the dressing & oil mixture into the bag, coating the crackers.
          Tumble the bag frequently over the course of the day so the crackers get good and coated with the oil mixture.

I DO add a couple of shakes of garlic powder before I serve it.

After serving, if there are leftovers, store in an airtight container.

December 5, 2013 at 8:19 am |
        • RC@ AleeD® again

Sounds odd enough to be really good. How much crackers? I'm guessing a whole bag?

December 5, 2013 at 10:46 am |
        • AleeD®@RC again

The proportions seem right. Since Mom's memory isn't the best these days, I'll confirm with her and let you know.

December 5, 2013 at 10:59 am |
        • RC@ AleeD® again

Spanks!

December 5, 2013 at 11:09 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Gotta go with what we called "It Mix" Basically a jacked up version of chex mix before it was sold commercially. Had tons of stuff in in and everyone had their favorite in it. Was spiced with curry and was awesome. Once my sister realized she had an intolerance to onions (it has onion salt in it) and it got her sick one year, she then renamed it $hit mix. More for me. Lost that pleasure when we lost Mom this year but I'll try my hand at making it sometime.

December 4, 2013 at 2:10 pm |
    • Sir Biddle@ModBotz Playing Scrooge

Was my moderation for fraternizing with the Marquee blog kids who visited us yesterday?

Really? Really?

FACE PALM ala Jdizz style.

December 4, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
      • The Witty One@Sir B-Face

What's shaking dude? Hows life on the hill?

December 4, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@The Witious from NOVA-ous

Life is pretty good and can't complain. Won't do any good anyway I've learned. Trucking along here and getting ready to travel for work again. Hitting the home of Jdizz's favorite football team. What's new with you. Still slinging with the Russian ladies?

December 4, 2013 at 2:26 pm |
        • The Witty One@Sir B

I've been traveling for work all year. Been to texas, indiana and new york for longer stints and a bunch of other places for quick gigs. I've sort of eased up on the going out and trynig to score with as many chicks as possible thing and am looking for a nice one. I think I may have found one but am waiting for the crazy to come out. I know it's in there somewhere, I just need to figure out how bad it is :)

It's been a fun run though!

December 4, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
        • RC@ TWO

Is she a redhead?

December 4, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
        • The Witty One@RC

Howdy there!

I am The Witty One and I attract crazy women...it's what I do.

She is blonde...and smart. A rare catch ;)

December 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm |
        • RC@TWO

Okay, I'm still laughing! Better hang on to that one:)

December 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
        • The Witty One@RC

Indeed!

December 4, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
        • Truth™@TWO

Welcome back!
          Any more "Russian Rock Stars" on your personal agenda?

December 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
        • The Witty One@Truth

Thanks man! I am thinking it's about time to settle down and have some bits o' wit. All my friends are married now and having kids. So no more crazy Russians...or crazy anything for that matter. They are fun to have fun with but not fun to settle down with :)

December 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
      • AleeD®

Biddle got his piddle twiddled, cuz he poked it in da middle.

December 4, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
        • The Witty One@AleeD

Now that certainly sounds like you but how do I know it's ACTUALLY you?!? Tell me something only AleeD would know...

What was the name of the temporary eatocracy pet?

December 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@Tongue Twisted Alee

I only wish that was a reality.

December 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
        • JBJingles@TWO

Ha! I could be wrong, but that does not 'sound' like our AleeD...

December 4, 2013 at 3:29 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Nope, that is our AleeD. Vee haff ways uff knowink.

December 4, 2013 at 3:40 pm |
        • AleeD®@Doubting Thomases & Thomasinae

Fair question considering the trolls Rich keeps letting in under the plumbing. Unless I'm mistaken vapor sure loved smelling those corks. ^_^ Kat knows all. She peeks In Thru The Out Door – twas me fo' sho'.

Sometimes lack of sleep makes one punchy. Sometimes lack of sleep coupled with the absence of one's boss makes one poetically punchy. Lovely day to all. Color me gone for the day!

December 4, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
        • The Witty One@AleeD

Well that's a relief :)

How's life my dear?

December 4, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
        • AleeD®@TWO

"... where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats ..."

While you were out, we closed the door on one boss in engineering and opened the door on a new one. The new one's pretty great so far. Didn't realize what an elitist pig the previous one was 'til he left. Buh-bye moe foe.

This is a great time of year to be an office (insert appropriate noun here) when you have 9+ years on the books and truckloads of vacation to burn. Hubby & I took last week off for T-day. We'll work for 3 weeks, then take TWO off for C-mas. In the immortal words of Arthur's grandmother, "It doesn't suck."

Howz tings wichoo and this smart blond lady I'm hearing about? How long have you been with her?

December 5, 2013 at 7:18 am |
        • The Witty One@AleeD

Glad to hear everything is going so well!

I've known her for several years but this is the first time we are catching up that we are both single. We've only gone on a couple of dates but things are heading in the right direction. If she is having any doubts, I will win her over with my witty charm, sense of humor and moderately good looks ;)

Enjoy the time off! I'm so busy I can only take off two days around the holidays, aside from the holidays themselves of course.

December 5, 2013 at 9:20 am |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

where the heck is this blog you speak of bro? I'd troll that place like my favorite fishing hole if I knew where it was.

December 4, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

I don't think the ModBotz are punitive. Just...fickle.

December 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm |

Mucho Danka!

December 4, 2013 at 4:09 pm |
      • JBJingles@Sir B

Well at least I know it was really you yesterday! Geez, me thinks I need to put away my foil hat for a while. o.O

December 4, 2013 at 4:13 pm |
    • The Witty One@QOD

My mom and grandma's never made anything good as far as sweets go but I will stab my brother in law for my moms stuffing at Thanksgiving. I am still trying to get the recipe out of her but the gist is that is is cornbread stuffing with sausage and apples and other yummy stuff. I just started drooling thinking about it :)

December 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm |
    • myrtlemaylee

struffoli! Smal, fried balls of dough doused in a honey/lemon syrup & sprinkled w/multi-colored "confetti" balls.

December 4, 2013 at 2:20 pm |
      • JBJingles@myrt

fried balls of dough, you can't go wrong with that one!

December 4, 2013 at 3:18 pm |
    • SUJ

Warm during Christmas.... treats would be taking us to grocery store on Saturday to taste the samples.

December 4, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  25. RC

Ohhh....here we go again.

December 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm |

Once again, thanks Kat!

December 4, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  26. JBJingles

Good morning all, and so nice to have the place tidy again. Ahem, who's in charge of the Christmas decorations this year, I think they are slacking off! To get the festivities started, I have a little song to share....

Santa Baby, slip an Eatocracy Cutting Board under the tree, For me.
    been an awful good girl, Santa baby,
    so hurry down the chimney tonight.
    Santa baby, an Eatocracy apron too,
    Light blue.
    I'll wait up for you dear,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.
    Think of all the fun I've missed,
    Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
    Next year I could be just as good,
    If you'll check off my Christmas list,
    Santa baby, I wanna Eatocracy knife set,
    And really that's not a lot,
    Been an angel all year,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.
    Come and trim my Christmas tree,
    With some decorations bought at Tiffany's (Queenie's got the black card, nuff said),
    I really do believe in you,
    Let's see if you believe in me,
    Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
    A ring (of Hatch Chiles).
    I don't mean on the phone,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight,
    Hurry down the chimney tonight,

December 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm |
    • Jerv

Bravo! Well done! Love it.

December 4, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
    • mgcady

Oh gods this is awesome!!!

December 4, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • RC

Awesome! You've missed your calling.

December 4, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
    • AleeD®

Well done Girlfriend! There's a special (happy) place in the Dungeon for you. ~_~

December 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm |
    • JBJingles

*bows*

December 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
  27. Sir Biddle

This year we are introducing Elf on a Shelf to keep the Lil Biddles in line. Amazing how threatening to call Santa will actually get them to listen. Google Elf on a Shelf if you've never heard of it. But also enjoy this little diddy someone passed on to me, my kind of humor: http://littlewhitelion.com/inappropriate-elf-on-a-shelf-18-pics-48217/

December 4, 2013 at 9:38 am |
    • RichardHead@Sir B

Tsk,Tsk, Fear Mongering of the Little Biddles. :)) So what's gonna happen with the Pack ? Hopefully NOT a meltdown like the Texans are having.

December 4, 2013 at 9:53 am |
      • Sir Biddle

I'm going straight to hell for all the white lies I've told both of them thus far.

Pack is done and Rogers likely out the rest of the season. Oh well, next year.

December 4, 2013 at 9:57 am |
        • RichardHead@Sir B

I've already got a room key in hell and could use a room mate. So I've been looking at the schedules and can honestly say…..Denver vs Seattle in the Souper Bowl.

December 4, 2013 at 10:05 am |
        • Truth™@Sir Biddle, RichHead

And I think that Denver has a real chance to win it this year. Last year, there was too much influence from noted Liberal Stooge Champ Bailey, but with him injured this year, Manning has made some really strong inroads with the team in terms of taxes, abortion and the affordable care act. I think this team has the right mindset to compete.

December 4, 2013 at 10:16 am |
        • RC@Truth™

Compete, yes. But win? I honestly think Seattle is going all the way this year. It's time.

December 4, 2013 at 10:30 am |
        • RichardHead@Truth

I must concur with your analysis,since The Game will be played in NY/NJ in the middle of winter,in an open stadium. Perhaps the most exciting Souper Bowl in years. Besides, Peyton is used to throwing frozen Balls…..Seattle, not so much.

December 4, 2013 at 10:32 am |
        • Truth™@RichHead, RC, Biddle

I agree that Seattle looks VERY formidable, but Denver is better acclimated to the cold. I think this coming weekend will be a HUGE indicator, since Denver is not going to be out of the single digits. Not sure that Tennessee is quite used to that.

December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Good call on the Broncs vs Sea Chickens. Though I have to agree that Denver will be much better acclimated to the cold considering an outside game this year. Not that I think they'll go all the way (that's what she said!) but interesting to see how the Chiefs do as I didn't see their strength this year.

December 4, 2013 at 10:48 am |
        • RC@Truth™@Sir Biddle, RichHead

True. If there is a definite advantage, it will be the weather.

December 4, 2013 at 10:59 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Niners thrive flying under the radar. MUAHAHAHA

December 4, 2013 at 11:19 am |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

The way them spacey Seattlites can catch fish, they shouldn't have too much problem holding on to the ball....if they can get their hands on it. If Seattle wins the Stupor Bowl, that will turn the NFL upside down!

December 4, 2013 at 11:46 am |
        • RC@∞ Weeds ∞

Wait, What!? I resemble that remark!

December 4, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • Truth™@Sir Biddle

Cute!
      Kind of like a Yuletide version of the NSA...:)

December 4, 2013 at 9:54 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

LOL, D*ck in a Box and "It puts the lotion on it's skin!"

December 4, 2013 at 11:20 am |

The Silence of the Lambs one was my fav

December 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
  28. Truth™

Good morning all from inside the snow globe that is Denver. We are not supposed to get out of the single digits for the next week.

This seems entirely too apropos to a morning like this:

December 4, 2013 at 9:08 am |

circ umvent
    C0cker Spaniel
    c0ck
    c0cktail
    compet!tion
    const!tuents
    const!tution (notice a pattern?)
    c00ter
    vib rat or
    w@nker
    W T F
    W T H

December 4, 2013 at 7:22 am |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Thank You 'SISTA. How's things in Floridor?

December 4, 2013 at 7:37 am |
      • AleeD® @ RichHd

Happy Hump Day, Bro – and to all our regs, too! Things are good in Floridork .. 'cept for Charile Crist – but I'm not going to politicize a food blog :)

We're getting back in the swing of work after being off for a week. Thanksgiving was fun – just hubby & I. Wink, wink. I've been able to successfully drop my PT appts from weekly (weakly?) to every other week. Wa-freaking-hoo. :)

How's tings wichoo in Hotlanta? Are you as chilly as the weather reports say?

December 4, 2013 at 7:52 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving week. It's not bad here--about 60 degrees with a chance of showers--It's the return trip West that could be interesting with ice and sleet. Oh well,I'll just find a place to park for awhile…better safe than sorry.

December 4, 2013 at 8:19 am |
        • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

This is a surprise. Since when are you in my state?

December 4, 2013 at 9:07 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichHd & The Absent-Minded Professor

Rich – keep the heater on and try to moderate those special website viewings. Wouldn't want to wear out Rosy. ~_~

T.A.M.P. – born & raised in Floridork, big guy. I copped to that early in my postings here. I am a fo' real, died-in-the-wool Floriduh Cracker. See what happens when you go back to school? You forget all about the little people. ^_^

December 4, 2013 at 10:02 am |
        • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

Huh... Interesting.

December 4, 2013 at 11:25 am |

FTW

December 4, 2013 at 9:10 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Is also on that list. Not sure why, probably because it is WTF backwards, though it means For The Win

December 4, 2013 at 9:11 am |
      • Modbot Wordkeeper

Got it. Thanks.

December 4, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  30. RichardHead

Good Morning Kidz, from a froggy Hotlanta. I hear that KAT was looking pretty HOT in her maids uniform yesterday while cleaning up. Anyone get pictures? Enjoy the day and stay warm All.

December 4, 2013 at 6:24 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Those are fee-based, with a major credit card.

December 4, 2013 at 10:51 am |
      • RichardHead@KAT

Do you accept Discover card ?? I get double BONUS points.

December 4, 2013 at 10:54 am |
  31. JBJingles@Kat

Can we get a clean up crew in here tonight since we have just this one thread all week? Some visitors have been leaving a mess in here today, it seems some of them are facinated with "turds and boobies" aka 7th grade stuff... Thanks!

December 3, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Agreed. We seem to need a big tray of kitty litter and a garbage can to dump it in......

December 3, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Ooof! We got hit by spammers over the weekend and I'm still sifting through. Will grab a dustpan.

December 3, 2013 at 6:02 pm |

Thanks Kitten!

December 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

My pleasure! Sorry about that. Gotta go empty out the vacuum bag now.

December 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
      • JBJingles@Kat

Thanks Kat!! Clean up on aisle four...

December 3, 2013 at 9:38 pm |
  32. Fleegle

I have a grammar question for anyone out there – if I got to the store to buy a mouse trap, and buy more than one because they're on special, did I buy several 'mouse traps' or 'mice traps?'

December 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I'm going with Mouse Traps.

Multiple traps designed to capture a singular mouse each.

December 3, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
      • MicheleG™

RightyOH!

December 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm |
    • RC

Which is correct-6 and 5 IS 12, or 6 and 5 ARE 12?

December 3, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
      • TNT

Neither, it's 11. (was that a trick question?)

December 3, 2013 at 9:03 pm |
        • JBJingles@TNT

ding ding, a winner! Unless RC was actually using the 'new math'...LOL

December 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

if a rooster lays an egg on top of a roof, which way does it roll?

December 4, 2013 at 9:13 am |
        • TNT

(hand waving in the air) I know, I know! (I won't answer, I'll leave it for someone else) :)

December 4, 2013 at 9:24 am |
        • RichardHead@Jdizz

It depends on whether he dresses on the left or right ? Besides,when can Rooooooooosters lay eggs-except in a tree huggers dream.

December 4, 2013 at 9:58 am |
        • RC

What if it's a flat roof?

December 4, 2013 at 10:38 am |
        • RC@TNT

Nice to see you back!

December 4, 2013 at 10:41 am |
      • AleeD®

If an airplane crashes on the border between Canada and the U.S., where would they bury the survivors?

December 4, 2013 at 10:06 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Ummmm….On Sarah Palin's front porch ??

December 4, 2013 at 10:16 am |
        • The Witty One

That would be pretty messed up to bury the survivors...

December 4, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
  33. MicheleG™

WOW! I came to see what's up after my earlier post and all this followed. Struck a nerve, I guess. Good.

December 3, 2013 at 3:26 pm |
  34. Sir Biddle

I take Viagra, so don't count on a hard time from me. Sorry.

December 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
  35. Sir Biddle

[{}]
    ( )*( )
    (*)(*)

Decisions. Decisions.

December 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm |

Yes please Katy!

December 3, 2013 at 3:29 pm |
      • Truth™@JDizz

Roosters don't lay eggs...

December 4, 2013 at 9:22 am |
  36. MicheleG™

Unless the useless vulgarity can be ended color me gone. Sad......it WAS a nice place to visit with convivial friends. (sigh....the Crude and Vulgar have landed.)

December 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
    • Jerv

Agreed. Who posts such nonsense and thinks it is funny? Anyway, Kat will take care of it.

December 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
      • JBJingles@Jerv

Agree x2. And we have always been welcoming when we get visitors that behave themselves and not act like vulgar teens...

December 3, 2013 at 1:17 pm |
        • That's not true

I've tried blogging here before & you made me feel like an outcast. I never trolled, just visited & brought you donuts & such to your lounge. A couple people chatted & that was it. You made me feel very unwelcome. I still come here & read the articles, but, I do not leave comments. You made it very clear that no one will be part of your clique.

December 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
        • Jerv@JBJ

I actually had a little time to hang out today. Unfortunate the trolls showed up. Anyway, you take care and I'm taking AleeDs advice and getting back to work.

December 3, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
        • That's not true

FYI, this is my only post today.

December 3, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
        • JBJingles@TNT

Well, TNT, I'm sorry if you did not feel welcomed here...there are times when some of us don't respond. I haven't been here much this year as work has been crazy, and I too have left a few posts and got no response, no need to take it personally.

Now, tell us about yerself. What part of the country do you reside (relative position is fine) and what brings you here to Eatocracy? More impotantly, do you have a good Hungarian Goulash recipe?? That article has me wanting to try some. :)

December 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
        • RC@That's not true

That's not true. I came here as a n00b a few months ago. I've felt very welcome by all the regulars and consider myself one now. Perhaps you should consider how you come across in your posts. We all know it's difficult to express oneself in an online forum without offending others. Most of us here seem to have figured it out.

December 3, 2013 at 1:51 pm |
        • That's not true

I'm not a sarcastic kind of person, so I'm pretty sure I never offended anyone. I'm lighthearted & just enjoy the chit chats & laughs. I already answered the questions of where I hail etc. I'm sorry, I don't think it will make a difference this time. Like I said earlier, I still read the articles & comments. I just don't leave any comments. Sorry I didn't bring any fun snacks today, I didn't know I'd be stopping in. :)

December 3, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
        • JBJingles@RC

Well, TNT doesn't want to play along, so do you have a recipe for goulash? Where is Jdizz when you need him?

You are in Pacific Northwest, correct? Did you ever find the duck fat? I forgot if I told you that I found it at Pike's Place Market last year, I didn't buy it as I don't think it would travel well...

December 3, 2013 at 2:19 pm |

Who? What? Huh?

December 3, 2013 at 2:33 pm |
        • RC@JBJ

Yep. About 70 miles north of Seattle. I DID find duck fat, at, you guessed it. Pike Place! So far, I've just made duck fat fries and they were awesome. Haven't seen JDizz in a few days. Must be a busy boy. Sorry I haven't got a Goulash recipe, but if you come across one, please pass it along:) Maybe TNT will give another try, if not, no hard feelings.

December 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
        • RC@JBJ

Found him!

December 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm |
        • That's not true

Easy!
          Ingredients
          1 lb ground beef
          1 large onion, chopped fine
          1 green pepper, diced
          1 clove garlic, chopped
          1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
          1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
          1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
          1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
          pepper to taste
          2 cups elbow macaroni
          Preparation
          Brown ground beef.
          Add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until soft (10-15 min).
          Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the beef mixture. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
          While the beef mixture cooks, boil the macaroni al dente, drain.
          Add the macaroni to the beef mixture, stir well, and simmer another 20 minutes, covered.
          You can omit pepper, garlic, or Worcestershire. Make to your own taste, can't screw this up. Ok, I'm gone again. Lol!

December 3, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
        • RC@TNT

Awesome! looks like a good recipe. I'll definitely be giving it a try this weekend. You're right-looks pretty un-screwupable. Thanks so much:)

December 3, 2013 at 3:20 pm |
        • JBJingles@RC & TNT

RC – That was good!

TNT – Thanks, bbbbut where is the paprika? I was perusing the other thread and it seems every recipe had paprika and/or sour cream...looks good though!

December 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
        • TNT

Sorry, sent reg goulash recipe.

4 tbsp. sunflower or canola oil
          2 yellow onions, chopped
          1 1⁄2 lbs. beef chuck, trimmed
          and cut into 1⁄2" cubes
          Kosher salt and freshly ground
          black pepper, to taste
          1⁄4 cup sweet paprika
          2 tsp. dried marjoram
          2 tsp. caraway seeds
          2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
          2 medium carrots, cut into 1⁄2" cubes
          2 medium parsnips, cut into 1⁄2" cubes
          1 1⁄2 lbs. medium new potatoes, peeled
          and cut into 1⁄2" cubes
          1 tomato, cored and chopped
          1 Italian frying pepper, chopped

1. Heat oil in a 5-qt. dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, stirring only once or twice, until the meat is lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in paprika, marjoram, caraway, and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add carrots, parsnips, and 5 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, until the beef is nearly tender, about 40 minutes.

2. Add potatoes and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peppers; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with rye bread, if you like.

December 4, 2013 at 10:31 am |
        • JBJingles@TNT

First, I everytime I see or 'read' 'TNT' that songe is stuck in my head..."I'm TNT, I'm dy-no-mite, TNT..."

2nd, this sounds more like it!! Thanks. I'm hungry for Hungary.

December 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm |
  37. CNN Mother Superior of Eatocracy

Now children….Either play fair or I shall whip out the Ruler,Smack some knuckles,and NO TV for one week.

December 3, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
  38. RC

Aw cr@p. Somebody left the door open again.....

December 3, 2013 at 11:58 am |
    • Truth™@RC

We really need to install a cypher lock on the lounge door...

December 3, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
    • AleeD® @ All the Lucid Regs

Nothing like a troll in the lounge to get your focus back on work. :) See y'all real soon.

December 3, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • RC

Exactly what the hell do you find "cozy and spirited" about these purposely vulgar comments?

December 3, 2013 at 1:09 pm |
      • JBJingles@RC

Eggsactly, and then say we don't welcome others, huh? If someone came to my door and said these things, I would call the police, not welcome them in my home.

December 3, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
      • JBJingles@CtV

Your name says it all, literally...

December 3, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
      • Conan the Vulgarian

I beg to differ, @JBJingles. There is nothing vulgar about the word 'vulgarian,' in and of itself. It merely indicates that I have vulgar tendencies, making it figurative versus literal. For something to be deemed vulgar, it would have to be offensive in nature. There is nothing offensive about the word vulgarian.

December 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
    • RC

Okay, now THAT was funny!

December 3, 2013 at 1:55 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

AleeD will take care of them

December 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm |
  39. JBJingles

Greetings class. I thought skool was back in session? By the looks of things, we have a few stragglers...

December 3, 2013 at 11:29 am |
  40. RC

11 and 1 baby! GO HAWKS!!

December 3, 2013 at 10:21 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Pretty impressive outing. Should be a blast next weekend

December 3, 2013 at 2:35 pm |
      • RC@Jdizz

Ohhhh yeah!

December 3, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
  41. The Witty One

Happy Holidays all! Hope everyone is in good spirits and has a wonderful holiday season!

December 3, 2013 at 10:07 am |
  42. Meg Ryan (pre lip job) @ Tom Hanks

You've Got Mail.

December 3, 2013 at 9:54 am |
  43. Truth™

Good morning all, and Happy Tuesday. Denver is expecting an AleeD kind of storm tonight into tomorrow. 10-12" expected overnight, and highs will not get out of the single digits for the next four days.

How is everyone doing today?

December 3, 2013 at 9:29 am |
    • AleeD® @ Turth™

Ahhh ... that's SO much bigger ... I mean better. ~_~

How was your Giving of Thanks holiday?

December 3, 2013 at 9:56 am |
  44. Captain Hook

ARRRGGG,,,,We have a new Master Baiter on our fishing vessel.

December 3, 2013 at 7:29 am |
    • AleeD®@Captain Ho0ker

Dude, you better be careful about mixing that meat beating thing with your hook. Don't wanna accidentally yank (off) out any valuables by their roots.

December 3, 2013 at 7:49 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Cap'n Alee

As stupid as those two comments were they did make me laugh. Argggggg.

How was your Turkey day, did you get stuffed and basted nicely?

December 3, 2013 at 8:07 am |
      • AleeD®@Kat & SLT

What got my comment nabbed? 0_o

December 3, 2013 at 9:06 am |
      • AleeD® @ Sir Biddle Sr.

(Let's try this #2)
        Heh-heh. I like that kind of stoopid. ;)

Had a good Thanxgiving week off. Applied heat to food, ate, and was VERY merry. And, yes, we both were ... well stuffed – frequently. Celebrated hubby's birthday during that week. He does like the Thread Dom's min!strations. ~_~ One can never have enough le@ther in one's arsenal.

How was your holiday?

December 3, 2013 at 9:34 am |
      • AleeD® @ Sir Biddle Sr.

Grrr. I have tried to reply to your comment as discreetly as my vocabulary will allow. After 3 attempts, I have watered it down to this:

My weekend went well. How was yours?

Grrr.

December 3, 2013 at 9:47 am |
  45. JBJingles@Photo Caption

Betty and Claire were enjoying their coffee after surviving a Wally World Black Friday shopping adventure when a man stopped in front of the window and opened his coat...Betty was frightened, however, Claire was quite intrigued...

December 2, 2013 at 4:39 pm |
    • RichardHead

DINGLE BERRIES !!

December 2, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
      • JBJingles@RH

ewww

December 2, 2013 at 5:51 pm |
  46. mgcady

Good afternoon!!!
    I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (if you're here in the US). I did a madcap trip... bus to Boston (Tuesday), fly to Portland, OR (Wednesday afternoon), Thanksgiving (Thursday), Walk around SE Portland a little bit.. including eating at a raw and mostly vegan restaurant, then take a red eye to JFK (Friday), switch planes to end up in Boston (Saturday morning), sleep a few hours then drive back to my area (Albany, NY) on for my 20th high school reunion Saturday night.

And yesterday was "rent a UHaul pickup to FINALLY get the last bit of stuff out of the old apartment" day... until 12:30 am.

December 2, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
    • MicheleG™

WOW! Frenetic "R" U!

December 2, 2013 at 2:54 pm |
  47. RC

Wow. Paul Walker dead in car crash.......RIP.

December 2, 2013 at 10:22 am |
    • AleeD®

Big stunner that news. Very sad on so many levels that he is survived by his 15 y.o. daughter.

December 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
      • RC

Yeah, I didn't read that at first. I hope she has someone to help her through this. Very sad indeed.

December 2, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
  48. Mary Shannon

Good morning. Well, its a typical back to work Monday, catching up on email and meetings. Have a good day, folks.

December 2, 2013 at 10:19 am |
  49. SNAP SHOT

"Is that guy flashing us?"
    "He sure is!"

December 2, 2013 at 9:25 am |
  50. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Looks like everyone is still sleeping off either the turkey or the shopping rush. What should I do to liven things up around here?

December 2, 2013 at 9:25 am |
    • AleeD®

See that pole over there, Big Boy .... ?

December 2, 2013 at 10:37 am |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

What, over there? What about it? I know I can't do much with it...

December 2, 2013 at 10:40 am |
        • AleeD®

Oh you silly boy. I can make you dance .... ~_~

December 2, 2013 at 12:06 pm |
        • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

Well, then I have to ask: Are you going to be dancing with me?

December 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
        • AleeD®

Oh I'm going to do alot of watching before joining you on that pole Sweetie. Just make sure to, um, swing AWAY from the pole. Wouldn't want you to get, um, hung .... up.

December 2, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
        • Casual Klatch Watcher@DJPhil

Phil, don't worry about. I think that Alee is all talk, very little action. Most likely a Lady Gaga wannabe who cannot get it together...

December 2, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
        • Jerv@Casual Klatch Watcher

Please go back to the Marquee blog to troll.

December 3, 2013 at 7:30 am |