June 17th, 2013

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson and her children have moved out of their home as her husband denies a report that he attacked her.

In response to a tabloid's photos showing Charles Saatchi reaching his hand across a table and apparently holding her neck, Saatchi told another newspaper Monday that there was no attack.

"About a week ago, we were sitting outside a restaurant having an intense debate about the children, and I held Nigella's neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasize my point," Saatchi, an art dealer and former advertising mogul, told The Evening Standard.

"There was no grip, it was a playful tiff. The pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella's tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt," he added. "We had made up by the time we were home. The paparazzi were congregated outside our house after the story broke yesterday morning, so I told Nigella to take the kids off till the dust settled."

Lawson's spokesman said only, "Nigella and her children have moved out of the family home."

Read - Chef Nigella Lawson moves out after report of possible assault by husband

Posted by:
Filed under: Celebrity Chefs • Nigella Lawson

1. Chef

To All Whom are Concerned,

I am so sorry for the children, my heart goes out to them because they suffer the most!!! She needs to take action, move quickly and selflessly, to provide the much needed therapy they need for a future of happiness." THE APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE".

Sincerely yours,

Happy Chef

June 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm |
  2. mel perry

if that's the best story, you can come up with, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE

June 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm |
  3. glass at my heart..

The more I read about Saatchi the less I like him....money and power ?Surely it is one thing to be frozen in the momment, imobilised by your own shock at violence playing out before your startled eyes,and yet surely NOT ever good enough to merely stand & gawp. Even if consideration for personal saftey prevents you from acting in the momment, gawping or dismissing the act is NEVER good enough. Consider how trapped, punnished alone and abandoned the subject of this travesty of human right feels right then and later in that awfull vacuum of silence after the abuse takes place? Watch but do not gawp,and never dismiss the act as "explainable" or acceptible....grabbing your wife by her throat in public or private is NEVER either.......

June 19, 2013 at 12:35 am |
  4. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Someone hit..........it....her......face.........can't compute......

June 18, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  5. AleeD®

Uh-huhsure. Sounds like battered woman syndrome. It's probably been going on for years, but because it was caught on tape, she's embarrassed and suddenly feels the need to do something to save face. Sheesh. That it happened once wasn't enough, Nigella? I hope she follows thru and makes leaving permanent.

June 18, 2013 at 6:55 am |
    • IG

the tone of you not understanding how "once" might not be enough prompts me to type about how i was taught to take abuse by watching one parent take it from the other. until i climbed out of my twisted mind and re-wired my thinking, "tolerating" being beaten was my way of showing love and patience and honour. stupid clueless? yes. nurture influencing the way my brain worked? yes.

June 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm |