National spinach day
March 26th, 2013

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday.

Go green - March 26 is National Spinach Day!

This leafy green packs a punch with nutrients, including folate, iron, calcium and vitamins A, B6, C, E and K.

There are countless ways to enjoy spinach that will leave you feeling strong to the finish. Try it creamed, sautéed with olive oil and garlic, or tossed into pasta. You can even serve it raw; a fresh spinach salad is an easy and customizable lunch or side dish.

How many leaves can you turn into a delicious meal today?

Posted by:
Filed under: Breakfast Buffet • Food Holidays • News

1. cheap toms outlet

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    cheap toms outlet http://www.isaacclodfelter.com

May 8, 2014 at 1:39 am |
  2. Randee Vermeulen

Macular degeneration can make it difficult or impossible to read or recognize faces, although enough peripheral vision remains to allow other activities of daily life.–`;

Have a look at all of the latest write-up at our new web blog <http://www.picturesofherpes.covc

June 24, 2013 at 7:47 pm |
  3. Ruby Kostelecky

Lutein was traditionally used in chicken feed to provide the yellow color of broiler chicken skin. Polled consumers viewed yellow chicken skin more favorably than white chicken skin. Such lutein fortification also results in a darker yellow egg yolk. Today the coloring of the egg yolk has become the primary reason for feed fortification. Lutein is not used as a colorant in other foods due to its limited stability, especially in the presence of other dyes.""..

Find out about our new internet page too <http://www.healthmedicine.covk

June 24, 2013 at 7:40 pm |
  4. cynsadler

Spinach was a superfood before superfoods were even popular. Look at Popeye, he knew what he was talking about. One cup of fresh spinach provide 75% RDA of vitamin A; spinach is rich in vitamin c and very high in vitamin K; Spinach is a good source of minerals, including iron, calcium and zinc; and folate. Spinach is rich in lutein - an antioxidant that helps protect your eyes; it is good to help fight against many ailments of the eyes including – cataracts and macular degeneration. I'm learning every day about how God has provided us with so much good food and herbs. I also write about different superfoods and how good foods can actually heal us in my blog Food as Medicine here – if you'd care to read. http://gate2wealth.com

I love fresh spinach, on pizza, in eggs, in soups, awesome in smoothies!

March 27, 2013 at 1:48 am |
  5. GiGi Eats Celebrities

YOU BETTER believe I will be celebrating this holiday!! I adore spinach. I eat it like someone might eat from a bag of chips... And this might sound gross, but I love it with ketchup and/or tomato paste! YUM! :)

March 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
  6. edwin

Mom used to make spinach and eggs. Wierd as it may sound, it was very delicious and I enjoy it to this day.

March 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
  7. VladT

I just make a traditional caesar salad at home with Spinach leaves instead of romaine, and psychologically it seems healthier, but basically tastes the same.

March 26, 2013 at 9:35 am |