Coffee klatsch
February 22nd, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Truth™

Ok folks, I am off like the proverbial prom dress.
    Talk to y'all in the morning.

February 22, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  2. AleeD®

It's time for me to go-go. Y'all have a great evening and we'll see youz all mañana.

February 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

The men in black are back! The ties are so last week though.

If people get "snow days", we should get a sunshine day here and there, it is FREAKIN beeeeutiful outside, ought to be a crime to be indoors today.

February 22, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • MicheleG™

I TOTALLY understand. When I worked in IT was all I could do on those glorious days to not play hookey. I agree on the need to have the opposite of "snow days." We need "balmy, it's perfect outdoors, fie on my desk days,' too.

February 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  4. MicheleG™

all righty now.....will somebody "klatsch" me?

Define the VERB Klatsch...........................(I know what I think it is: a warm fuzzy kind of thing one can't quite define except you feel better afterward.) :)))

February 22, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • AleeD®@MicG™

I don't think it's made it to Webster just yet, but I believe it's a slightly softer version of "Soldiering On" But since Kat coined it, she should be the definitive definer.

February 22, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
      • MicheleG™

I agree!

Oh, Kat? We need your input here!

February 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
      • AleeD®@MicG™

RE: "Klatsch on"
        On second thought, not a softer version. Maybe it should be something like a food-centric version of "soldiering on."
        LMKWYT.

February 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

That's aaaallllllllll you guys! Lemme know how you interpret.

February 22, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

In trying to be resourceful I wiki'd Klatsch and found a reference to a publisher "klatsch-tratsch"!! I think it's our version of the Enquirer...

So now we have a new word class, repeat after me (3 times fast), "klatsch-tratsch", "klatsch-tratsch", "klatsch-tratsch".

Now, use this in a sentence....

February 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
      • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Wait .... you're admitting to visiting a website OTHER than this one?

February 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between gossip and aimless chatter, i.e.: klatsch-tratsch.

February 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MicheleG

ding, ding, ding, I think we have our definition!! "Aimless Chatter" – that fits us pretty good.

Klatsch On!

February 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  5. Mildred

Hello everyone! I'm not sure what to heat up for lunch...

February 22, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • AleeD®@Mildred

If the Perky Boy Pic would Klatsch on & off a little more frequently, we could generate our own heat for lunch. 'Course we have ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, Kahlua sauce, nuts & cherries in the dungeon. I'm not sure how or if you would want them heated up.

February 22, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Did someone say something about embrodiered Shirts and Aprons for the CKC (Coffe Klatsch Cruise)???

Need a vote:
    Sept/Oct – New England, Canada, Quebec, departs from NY OR
    November – Carribean from Myhammi or Ft Laud??

February 22, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning class! I guess my puter is protesting as now I can't see the daily picture... :(

Been super duper busy at work and lots of doctor/dentist/dermatologist, etc appts. Plus I've been cheating on you all hanging out at another blog (not food related). 0.o

On a food related note, I made my first EVER successful salmon dish on Monday, woooo to the hoo!

February 22, 2012 at 11:04 am |
    • MicheleG™

Aaaahhhh..........the sweet smell of success! Nice!

February 22, 2012 at 11:07 am |
    • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™&MicG

Howdy ladies! Funny thing about the pic: when I left for lunch it was there; I got back mere seconds ago, reloaded the page and *POOF!* it's gone! Maybe the 2 Back Street Boys that WERE in today's pic selection were just too perky and kept Kat from her nap (get it? KatNap?).

JBJ, I hope all those dox have upbeat news for you. I wouldn't worry about "cheating" on folks here. I think when it's slow like it's been this week, we all wander.

February 22, 2012 at 11:56 am |
      • MicheleG™

yeah, when I come back on-line the photo was gone for me, too but I hit the refresh circle and poof! there it was again.

February 22, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

KatNap, that's a good one! Is there such a thing as good news with docs?? Seems they all just want $$$$$$$$$$$.

And what do you mean that you have all been wandering!!! Well, I never, humph.

February 22, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
      • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™&MicG

HA! Yep! Now it's back for me too. Maybe Kat's up from her nap ... or that's as close to flashing us as the modbots will allow. :)))))) Now, where's my tuning spork....

Ok, we won't call it cheating. Let's call it "exploring options."

February 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD & MicheleG

Maybe it's a Klatsch On, Klatsch Off kind of effect! I crack me up sometimes. :D

February 22, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
      • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Cracked, definitely cracked. :D Since Klatsch has become a verb, usage will be limitless. Cool.

February 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

Welcome to my hell. It's a problem throughout the system and making me weep into my durian cake.

February 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
      • AleeD®@Kat

Are you sure you aren't weeping from the purported odor? :D
        How did the opening go yesterday – and how is the cake? I hope it's tastier than I heard the fruit is.

February 22, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

Durian report coming. It was VILE.

February 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
      • AleeD®@Kat

I'm looking forward to viewing it ... at home. Then I can crank up the sound of joyful .... retching. *snicker*

February 22, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  8. MicheleG™

Howdy ho, guys. Come back RH!

Good morning Kat! (it's 8:02 AM here, anyway)

As an ex IT person it seems strange the there is no trouble ticket queue. Surely there's a programmer within the ranks who can tweak the sw to fix this? I wrote a comment or two a day or two ago hoping to learn if a bug fix or tt was an option for us.

February 22, 2012 at 11:02 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

I flagged it to our folks. For a fun stat, we have had 215,732 comments, 213,103 of which have been approved, so percentage-wise, we're pretty good.

I took a look at the naughty words list last night and removed one that sends posts to the mod queue. Then I boiled my brain and eyeballs. Bad, bad, BAD stuff on there, and it's sad that we even have to employ such a thing.

February 22, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
      • AleeD, Thread Dominatrix@Kat

*hands over the eye bleach* If there are any of those words or phrases you'd like to act out in the dungeon, warm up your spatulas (spatulae?) and come on down! Like our motto says,

"Ours is not to question why – ours is but to make you feel like the dominated dog you wish you were." ~_~

Or if you prefer taking ... command ... we have a special leather & lace-bound laptop for scheduling just such occasions. After all, the dungeon wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, Milady. *bows*

February 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Wow AleeD, an "adult" post if ever there was, without a single "bad" word. You're good!

February 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
      • MicheleG™

cool stats. Are the numbers for the total since inception, or per week, or per day? Sign me: "Ever the curious one!"

February 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

All you guys can flag on here ? I have no flag & can't see any videos :( I have to get a new phone

February 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
      • RH @ TX4U

I cut the string between your two cans. Can You hear me NOW? :)) Thank You.

February 22, 2012 at 6:25 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

I don't have a "flag" so much as a little tattered dishrag tied to a stick, but I wave it mightily.

I am going to a "Comments" meeting on Friday. We'll see what we can wrangle.

February 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm |
      • RH @ Kat

Thank You..Kitten,I wasn't getting on YOU last night,MY Grrrr was aimed at the software. You and Sarah have given us a place we can call our own and we ALL appreciate it. I don't think you realize what you have created here in the Klatsch. We are ALL Brothers and Sisters that protect each other,bounce questions off each other that pertain to our everyday lives and every once in awhile,we talk or have questions about food. This place calms us from everyday problems,a getaway for just a few minutes to blow off steam or be Stooooopid. I fall into the last category. Please take AleeD's list of Moderated words with you and ask DAVE the most important question of all.....WHY? Thank You again for listening.

February 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
      • RH @ Kat

Ummmm,Moderated already? Hahaha....I guess this may prove my point.

February 22, 2012 at 7:01 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

Hold tight! I have a meeting about it on Friday!

February 22, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
      • katydid@RH

RH...just finally saw your response to me on the 16th. Thank you for the "luv"! I know you're still struggling with the mod-bot issue, but please hang in there for the rest of us. I fully suspect your absence is the cause of the serious drop in responses in the last week. As a Northwest Coastie who can only read and try to post late, I tend to get an overview each day. Your comments help to propel this blog each day. Looking forward to continuing to enjoy your wit and wisdom every night...xoxoxoxo...Katydid

February 23, 2012 at 12:35 am |
      • RH @ Katydid

I feel like we've been transported back to the 60's...Like Wow man, It's a Luv In. HA!! Thanks again Katydid. :))

February 23, 2012 at 6:49 am |
  9. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning all! Actually feeling pretty up to snuff this morning and ready to take on the day!

...I do hope I used that phrase correctly...

February 22, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Well, my connection seems to be on the fritz. Ignore the double trouble, if you please.

February 22, 2012 at 9:13 am |
  10. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

...I do hope I used that phrase correctly and it isn't misconstrued as something else.

February 22, 2012 at 9:01 am |
  11. TX4UREXKARLENE

I have to check it out – I like RH :-)

February 22, 2012 at 8:09 am |
  12. This Just In, Sadly

February 22, 2012 at 7:04 am |
    • Phoenix

That's really sad, this blog won't be the same without RH. I understand the technology and the liability that CNN has if people get offended by comments, but they can regulate the filter so its not so restrictive. It is interesting, though, that the notes just under this post window say that comments are not pre-screened when they obviously are.

February 22, 2012 at 7:45 am |
    • AleeD®@Phoenix & Everyone

Phoenix, it's sad indeed – on so many levels. But keep clam and Klatsch on. I have a funny feeling he'll never be far away.

Good morning to all the Happy Klatschers!

Love the logo Kat. Thank you – for that and for setting up a weekday respite from the rude, mean & ignorant world. It's nice to come here and relax in the recliner (when it's not in the repair shop) and talk among friends. Please keep up the great work!

February 22, 2012 at 8:32 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

Thank you. I honestly DO lose sleep over this, trying to make sure that there's a warm, hospitable environment. I know that there are occasional kinks in the system, and I truly regret that. It frustrates as much as you do, and all I can do is to ask for patience.

Those dudes above are waaaayyyyyyy too perky this early in the morning.

February 22, 2012 at 8:37 am |
      • Sir Biddle

In light of the need for patience and the Guns and Roses show tomorrow night here in DC.....

February 22, 2012 at 8:45 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Kat

In all seriousness, keep up the good work and thank you for providing the Klatch for random comments, jokes, jabs and advice among all of us. While the moderation issue is frustrating, first and foremost, this is a food blog – something of which appears to be your natural passion in life. Don't lose sleep over it. One mantra that keeps me going is "You can't control what someone says to you, you can only control how you react to it."

Keep your clams and clap on!

February 22, 2012 at 8:51 am |
      • AleeD®@Sir Biddle

Good Morning and Great Mantra to you. Mind if I borrow it while I'm with the fam this weekend? ;) FTR, how does one keep their clap on? Sounds like something QOE treats with one of Truth's pharmacological nightmares.

February 22, 2012 at 9:01 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

I think there's an unguent for that...

February 22, 2012 at 9:09 am |
      • Sir Biddle@AleeD & Kat

February 22, 2012 at 9:20 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

I wish there were a "like" button.

February 22, 2012 at 9:42 am |