Best chicken wings in the country
January 30th, 2012

Kate Krader (@kkrader on Twitter) is Food & Wine's restaurant editor. When she tells us where to find our culinary heart's desire, we listen up.

Here are three key chicken wings stats for Super Bowl XLVI on February 5, 2012.

– More than 1.25 billion chicken wings will be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday. It’s the country’s biggest eating day of the year, after Thanksgiving.

– If those wings were laid end to end they would reach one-quarter of the way to the moon; they’d circle the earth more than twice.

– This year’s New York Giants vs New England Patriots match-up means chicken wings consumption will pretty much hold steady. The Mid-Atlantic, which encompasses Giants territory, are 24 percent more likely to eat wings; New Englanders, a.k.a. Patriots fans, are six percent less likely to eat wings than the national average.

Thanks to the National Chicken Council for these amazing statistics.

And here are five key places for chicken wings if you want to be part of the 1.25 billion wing movement.

Wing Stop - Texas-based chain
Troy Aikman is a veteran of three Super Bowls; whether that makes him a wings expert is another question, but he is the number one fan of Wing Stop (as well as their national spokesman). Wing Stop now have 500 locations in 34 states as well as Mexico – all by themselves, they’ve sold a billion wings. Among their 10 wings flavors are Atomic, Cajun, Hickory Smoked BBQ and Teriyaki. The Super Bowl is such a big event that Wingstop.com has a countdown clock, down to the seconds leading up to the big game.

Bon Chon - New York City, NY
The cult Korean wings spot (which also boasts a karaoke lounge) features exquisitely crispy fried chicken either sauced with a sweet-pungent soy garlic sauce, or spicy hot. This is one of the few places where both choices are equally awesome, so go for half and half. The chain is now worldwide; besides the U.S., there are Bon Chons in the Philippines, Thailand, Dubai and Singapore. I doubt the Super Bowl is a big deal at Bon Chon, but they do have big screens that invariably play the same Euro disco video over and over so perhaps they can be persuaded to change the channel.

San Tung - San Francisco, CA
Real wings aficionados will know what I’m talking about when I say, dry-fried chicken wings. San Tung is a noisy and crowded Chinese restaurant where you invariably have to wait for a table. It doesn’t have nachos or a 500-inch screen TV. What it does have are dry or wet chicken wings. The dry are battered & deep fried with garlic, ginger and roasted red peppers; wet are battered, fried and sautéed in a spicy sauce of roasted red peppers, mushrooms, carrots & bamboo shoots. Get the dry ones.

The Kettle Black - Brooklyn, NY
This Brooklyn bar, which is plastered with Super Bowl ready TV screens, is a veritable United Nations of buffalo wing flavors. Their 14 options include Grampy Del's (Canadian Maple Syrup and Honey), Grampa Nunzio's (Buttery Garlic and Parmesan) and Luau (chunks of Pineapple in Plum BBQ Sauce) although why you’re fooling around with anything other than the Buffalo City (their version of the original recipe) I don’t know. This is a good place to make a dent in the one billion-plus wing statistic: you can order 100 wings here, for $73.95.

Anchor Bar - Buffalo, NY
The place that claims to have invented Buffalo wings, back in 1964. For anyone outside the Buffalo area, be aware of their ‘Wings That Fly’ package. Anchor will ship their wings anywhere in the US, in quantities from 50 to 250 wings; shipping is free. If you’re more of a Do-It-Yourself-Up-To-A-Certain-Point person, you can order Anchor bar sauces online, and make the wings yourself. But plan ahead; there’s no Super Bowl Sunday delivery.

More from Food & Wine:

50 Best Bars in America

Chicken Wing Recipes

Best Pizza Places in the U.S.

Best Fried Chicken in the U.S.

Super Bowl Recipes

Be sure to wash down all those wings with Patriots and Giants-specific beers.

© 2011 American Express Publishing Corporation. All rights reserved.

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Content Partner • Food and Wine • Restaurants • Super Bowl • Tailgating

1. Conrad Shull

Silly question. There are so many places in almost every town and city that make wings. It's like asking where you can get the best cheeseburger. Answer to both: thousands of places. And, that's a GOOD thing.

January 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  2. ja

it is amazing, the thing with wings, i recalled when the uppity didn't consume wings, totally amazing

January 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  3. AntigoneTexan

The double dipped wings at Track One in El Paso Texas are killer, they may not be "the" best but I think they should be in at least the top 10. A great combination of crunchy spicy hot, delish!

January 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  4. Charlie

Duff's in Buffalo are the best! Hands down! Anchor bar wings are over-rated!

January 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • Grandma Myrna

Lived in Buffalo (well the burbs) until I was 27 and never had wings while there. Always had Duffs when I visited family and ask any of them and they all say Duffs. I like plain old Sunday Dinner baked chicken wings!

January 30, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • julez

Anchor Bar might be the original, but they are far from being the best. They are a gimmicky tourist trap. Duffs are really good, but if you want the best wings in Buffalo you really need to head to the Nine-Eleven Tavern in South Buffalo. They are the crispiest and tangiest wings you'll ever eat.

January 30, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
    • Dave

Yeah I was going to say whomever wrote this article is not from or ever spent any time in buffalo or western NY. Anchor is considered to be one of the worst wings in the region. Just another corporate franchise these days. Thumbs up for Duffs, and about every other place called "Anthony's" ;)

January 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  5. Shannon

I grew up going to the Native New Yorker in Tempe, AZ for 10 cent wing nights. They were my favorite until my husband perfected his wing recipe and now I can get the best wings whenever I want!

January 30, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  6. Lisa

I'm very familiar with Bon Chon (called Kyo Chon in Korea). If you live in NYC and never tried them, you are missing out!

January 30, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  7. John S

Every person i have taken to Buffalo Joe's in Evanston, IL has immediately declared their faith to the wings widely regarded as the best in the Chicagoland area. I don't know how you guys don't have an entry from Chicago.

January 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
    • Michelle C

I went to school in Evanston, and Buffalo Joe's wings are hard to beat. My friends and I made a trek up there recently and they are still just as good. Plus, their waffle fries with cheese are the best!

January 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  8. Spendlove

Best chicken wings in the country?

More like, "I should travel more."

January 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
  9. kadee

The best wings I used to eat were many years ago in my hometown in NW Pennsylvania, in the local pubs and almost every pub made them just right too. Always super crispy on the outside, sauce just spicy enough, and could always get them for 10 cents each. They sure don't have them that cheap anymore, LOL. Can't find them as good as I got them at home 25 years ago and have to settle for places like Buffalo Wild Wings or something similar. I love Beef O' Brady's wings too! The chains I mentioned do ok but nothing like local pubs or Mom & Pop places!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  10. Scott -

Went to college in Buffalo, now live in NYC.

Duffs & Anchor bar both in Buffalo have the best wings I have ever tasted. I have had Bon Chon before and they are horrible. Have not found a favorite wing place in NYC yet.

January 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  11. kiboyan

Bonchon? Someone haven't tried Kyochon!

January 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  12. Corolannus

I think I have had Buffalo Wings only once in my life and it was at The Anchor Bar in Buffalo about 20 years ago. I think they were good, but I had nothing to compare them to and I have no specific taste memories about them. I have no desire to go back or go to any other place for this rather simple food product that appears to be highly over-rated at whatever your favorite place is.

January 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
    • Guest

they why would you even bother to comment on an article about wings??? fool

January 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
      • kadee

LOL!!....But you are so right! They are asking for comments on best Buffalo Wing's, not if anyone likes them or not!!!

January 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
      • Corolannus

Huh?! It sounds like you are saying that only Democrats should bother to comment on other Democrats and that Republicans and other non-believers should not put in their two-cents. Or, atheists vs. Catholics. Or beer-drinkers vs. wine-drinkers. Get real, pal...free speech rules, as long as you follow CNN's rules. I realize that there are hundreds of topics more important than wings, but when y'all take it so seriously, surely there is room for a non-believer??

January 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • joe

I bet you're just a barrel of fun to hang out with.

January 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
    • Likin' Q.S.

All y'all are full of hooey. The article is about chicken wings, not exclusively Buffalo wings.

January 31, 2012 at 7:25 am |
  13. Jenny

I will have to say that Delancey's in Goshen, NY has some kick a** wings, but I heard that Mamma Theresa's in Vails Gate, NY just won the Hudson Valley 2012 Wing Bowl! (Guess I'm gonna have to branch out)

January 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  14. James PDX

WingStop's lemon pepper is my personal favorite. Fire On The Mountain here in Portland is the best all-around wing place I've experienced. BWW is good for a big chain, but they just don't have that definitive one flavor. Bon Chon sounds great, but they either have to cover an ocean or the North American continent to reach me.

January 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  15. gak27

+1 for Duff's, which are way better than Anchor's...

And as long as you're in Buffalo, go to Ted's for some awesome hot dogs (esp. w/ the chili sauce) ...be sure to get a loganberry drink!

January 30, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • bud in NC

I love dogs and I love chili (judged some contests), but find chili on the dog kills the dog taste. So one day for good dogs, and the next day some great chili. Nope I don't mix em. But different strokes for diffrerent folks. Enjoy.

January 30, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
      • bud in NC

forgot to mention this. Y'all know that God invented chickens for the sole purpose of making Buffalo wings. Look it up. I have high cholesterol and did not eat wings for years. My new girl friend, I'm 77, loves them. I succomed and now I am hooked on wings again.

January 30, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  16. Andrew

The best buffalo wings in the world are at The Windsor Inn in Jermyn, Pennsylvania. My family and I (from Long Island) would always stop off there on long-distance trips to upstate NY and buy quarts of their wing sauce to store in our freezer. I've been to the Anchor Bar, and there's no question, the Windsor is better. http://www.hotwing.com/

January 30, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
    • joe from jermyn

Andrew,
      AMEN.
      All other wings I have had are tabasco dumped on fried wings. Blah!
      Windsor wings are the best.

January 30, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
  17. Mitch

Wing Snack on Orleans Ave and Claiborne under the I-10 is so good you're willing to risk getting shot. Get one of the hot styles and one of the sweet styles. Arizona and Pineapple for example. Amazingly good.
    Oh and get some ghetto punch to go with it.

January 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  18. Greg Malor

Larry, our Public Relations guy makes the best buffalo wings in America.

Seriously. He brings them for breakfast during our work's Thanksgiving potluck. Never tasted any better.

January 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • Aletheya

So why is Larry wasting his time in PR?

January 30, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
      • Joseph

Sounds a lot less messy and stable than wing chef to him probably. Of course you were just being wise eh? Next time, save it.

January 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • Aletheya

Joseph, you need a humor implant. You save it.

January 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
      • Steve_P90X_Baby

Stop joking around, Aletheya. This is serious!!! P90X, baby!!!

January 30, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  19. iaver

Hands down the best wings i've ever had are in the downtown manhattan area. A place called 1849 on Bleeker St. You can't beat 20 cent wing nights and they taste just amazing!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  20. Jay

The best wings in America by FAR are the Dirt Wings at J. Timothy's Tavern in Plainville, CT. No doubt about it. I am a strict vegetarian and can tell you that when I was little I used to go here all the time. I've only broken my vegetarian diet four times in 6 years, each and every time has been to eat wings at J, Timothy's.

January 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  21. fucnn001

Who came up with the 5 places? Did they pay to be on this list? Personally here is my 2 cents on the best chicken wings... 1) They have to NOT be too meaty. 2) They must be cooked well-done so that they are crispy on the outside. 3) The sauce must be served on the side to preserve crispiness. 4) No BBQ sauce! Yuck.

January 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
    • iaver

Gotta try 1849 in the NYC.. Already dipped in sauce YET the crisp remains!! O_o

January 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • james

exactly.

wings should be defined by their size and crispiness, and not the sauce they are served with. It is the simplicity that makes it awesome.
      Best wings I've had is at our local deli. WIngs are perfect size (medium-small). Super crispy all around. Meat falls off the bone after the intial bite.

Served dry, with a texas pete sauce on the side...heaven!!!

January 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
      • fucnn001

Dude. You're making me hungry. Yes crispiness is the key. I cant beleive anyone eats slimy wings with pink meat inside.

January 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
    • ouch

Buffalo wings should never be served with sauce on the side, unless you are taking them home and plan on saucing them in a bowl yourself before serving. The sauce has to soak in and marinate the fried bits so you can dip them in ranch/bluecheese, it doesnt make them less crispy at all unless you let them sit and get cold. Its a joke when ordering something buffalo style at a restaurant and the bozos give you a cup of cold sauce.

January 30, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  22. Dave

My mother used to run the Boarding House restaurant in Buffalo. They had the best wings at the time but are now gone.

January 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
  23. IsThereADog

Archie Moore's in New Haven is consistently ranked best in CT.
    I have heard that they have great bar food on the menu, but have yet to eat anything but their wings in the 100+ times I've been there.
    One style, one sauce, too tasty.

January 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  24. coder

clearly ms. krater has not tried my chicken wings if she thinks 3 of the best chicken wings come from New York.....

January 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  25. Wingman

Boothe's Bowery in Port Orange, Florida. Best Ever. End of story.

January 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • Connor

Agreed! Though they used to be even better a few years back. The medium garlic are fantastic.

January 31, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  26. wendy

Helen's Sweet N Spicy Wings in North Kansas City are hands down the BEST wings ever!! you can buy the sauce and make them yourself if you wish...but nothing beats getting them made by Ron the owner/wing sauce maker himself. and to make them even better he's got the best beers on tap! my new fave: Sam Adams' Chocolate Cherry Stout.

January 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  27. tlrobb

There are two things that chicken wings require. Heat and flavor. Every restaurant I ever ordered wings from was missing one of those two things. They either serve wings that are all heat and no flavor or all flavor and little heat. Worse yet is when they make wings that are lacking in both. Which is why I make my own wings. I use home grown peppers which are song in heat such as the ghost pepper and the Trinidad Scorpion as well as peppers which are high in flavor and various other spices. My wings are both hot and flavorful.

January 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
  28. Cynthia

Another STRONG vote for the $3 Cafe in Atlanta. Best I ever had, bar none. I too moved away from Atlanta a few years ago and still dream of $3 Cafe wings. If you live in the hot-lanta area and haven't tried $3, head on down tonight and get a basket (the fries are darned good too). Gee, if I left now and drove 75 miles per hour, I could be there in about 12 hours . . .

January 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  29. The Witty One™

Dodge's Fried Chicken and Gas has the best wings in a 1 mile radius!

January 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Aletheya

Are we talking gasoline or intestinal gas?

January 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  30. PJH

It's all about the sauce, and nothing has ever come close to touching the mango habanero sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings. Yeah yeah yeah, it's a chain, but who cares?

January 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • James

I second that. BWW has some of the best sauce selection anywhere.

January 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  31. Jage

Swannie House. Game over.

January 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  32. CrazyMazey

20 places in Atlanta to get great wings! Chains, locals, you name it. I like mine swimming is super hottt!!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  33. paul

clearly the author has never been to my house

January 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  34. Mortalc01l

The best Chicken wings I have ever had were at the Calistoga Inn, in Calistoga, CA.... Absolutely amazing..

January 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
  35. Larry Edelstein

Wow, props for my neighborhood's San Tung – hell yeah! I order the dry-fried wings every time I go.

January 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
    • JH

Inner Sunset, represent!

January 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • Jerey

Yeah, but now the lines will get even worse.....

January 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  36. Leigha

American Deli has awesome wings

January 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
  37. Jason

I love making my own wings (and only had one grease fire so far!!), but for restaurant wings, I love me some Wild Wing Cafe (not to be confused with Buffalo Wild Wings). I lived in Asheville, NC for years and every Tuesday night I would be there for two-fer-Tuesday!! I could walk in and whichever waitress would come over and say, "20 Hot, no dressing, no celery [or "healthy crap" if they really knew me]?" It was sad, really, but I still love driving up to my old college town every once in a while to eat some wings when I feel nostalgic.

January 30, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
    • Fred

+1. Went to school in Charlottesville and we had two big wing places: BW3 (a.k.a. Buffalo Wild Wings) and Wild Wing Cafe. Went to BW3 once and never went back again. Wild Wing Cafe is hands down better. Who cannot love 30 different flavors, or sauces like Chernobyl and Braveheart? Whenever I'm back in Virginia or the Carolinas, a trip to Wild Wing Cafe is always a must. Having had Wing Stop plenty of times, I don't get why it's on the list and the far better Wild Wing Cafe is not.

January 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  38. Justin A. Elardo

Born and raised in Buffalo, NY and now residing Portland, OR. As a wing aficionado, the best wings are, in my opinion, from a place called Fire on the Mountain in Portland. Fire on the Mountain explicitly pays homage to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo while generating their own spin on wings, specifically trying to be sensitive to environmental concerns. The wings come from sustainably raised, regionally sourced, hormone free, free range chicken. The high quality chicken is then paired with great sauces, the best being an award winning Spicy Thai Peanut sauce that is ridiculously good.

January 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
  39. Lovin Quaker Steak

Wings can only be found at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon PA. You need to sign a release before eating the hottest. Can now be found in franchises around east coast.

January 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • ohiogirl

I grew up in Ohio just across the boarder from Sharon, PA. Quaker Steak and Lube has the best wings I've ever had. I miss the Golden Garlic sauce!

January 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • Likin' Q.S.

They're ok .... but I disagree with them being the best.
      Publix has some awesome wings. Big, meaty, hot 'n' spicy. Them's good eats.

January 30, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
    • Phil

I agree with Quaker Steak and Lube! Louisiana Lickers is my favorite sauce there. Bon Chon and San Tung – are you KIDDING ME? Anchor bar is the original, and is very good, but the best wings I've had in Buffalo were at a pizza joint...Casa de Pizza if my feeble memory serves. The sauce is quite painful to cracked cutiles, as I recall!

January 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
  40. Hank

What? No Sweetwater Tavern wings?
    If you're ever in Detroit, you HAVE to check out the Sweetwatern Tavern.
    Their sauce is homemade and very authentic. Best wings I've ever had.

January 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  41. Red

I would disagree – we had Anchor Bar's wings when visiting Buffalo. They were decent, but I can find better "Buffalo" wings in St. Louis. And I think Wing Stop is laughable. A chain, really? Why not add Hooters to this mix then? The best place I ever had wings was at a place called Wobbly Boots in Osage Beach, Missouri. And for good Buffalo style wings, try Frankie G's in St. Louis. The trashed wings are the best!!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Loren

Anchor bar is terrible. No one who lives in Buffalo gets wings there, it's strictly for tourists. Buffalo's best wings come from Duff's, and they're the best I've had anywhere.

January 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • P.A. Albert Anthony Galbo-Jackson

Loren is clearly delusional; yeah, Duff's wings are good if you like wing soup, the wings are swiming in that crap! DUFFS SUCKS!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Steve

If you're ever in Joplin, MO, try Hackett Hot Wings. Beats any place I've tried elsewhere.

January 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • Joseph

How can you knock a chain when you are citing Osage Beach, Missouri? Really? You really think the best wings are in Osage Beach? You are making the same mistake as the author. Oh wait its an opinion just like yours and mine of you lol.

January 30, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
      • Steve

He said the best wings he's ever had were in Osage Beach, MO. He didn't say they are the best wings in the whole wide world.

January 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Red

Red,
      You have got to try them. Wingstop only does wings. Only. There is a reason the are the #1 growing chain in America. Have you tried them? Always fresh and made to order. BW3 cooks routinely visit this place.

January 31, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
  42. Kurt

Foghorns in northwest Arkansas has the best. Spicy Gold, yum!!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
  43. Mtngal

My vote goes to $3 Cafe in Atlanta. I moved from Atlanta 12 years ago, but still dream of those wings!!! Quaker Steak & Lube in Pennsylvannnia pretty good, too, but $3 for me is tops.

January 30, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • Joe T.

I can confirm that Quaker Steak is probably the best you will get in western PA. I haven't traveled and sampled enough all over to really judge elsewhere.

January 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  44. Sunflower

Buffalo wings are so out of date...... There are so many new flavors of wings now. Most people I know are bored with those original flaming horrid excuses for wings.... YUCK and DOUBLE YUCK. Try something NEW. Expand your horizons.

January 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • CrazyMazey

A nice article about something everybody loves this time of year and you have to go and take a dump on it. Go back to the political blogs, loser. Some people are soooo angry...

January 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
    • Sunflower

??? Angry??? Sounds more like you than me....

January 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • tt

Like, OMG, buffalo wings are so totally out of date. The COOL people are like, so totally bored.....

January 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
      • Steve

I liked Buffalo wings before they were popular. I still like them, but now I only eat them ironically.

January 30, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
      • Likin' Q.S.

How does one eat ironically? Is that like eating soup?

January 31, 2012 at 7:17 am |
    • Aubrie

I agree. Those flaming hot things are horrible... Garlic wings, lemon pepper, Asian ginger, parmesan are all much better!!! You are right, things have progressed way beyond the "original".

January 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
    • P.A. Albert Anthony Galbo-Jackson

Opinions are like a-zz holes, everybody's got one and they all stink! You're no exception!

January 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • kadee

Buffalo Wings out of date?!?!.....like OMG, I didn't get the memo on that one!! bwahaha....Buffalo wings will NEVER go out of style, Buffalo Wings are THE reason chicken wings became popular...they are THE reason for the National Buffalo Wing Festival, and restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings, Beef O' Brady's, or local pubs all across the country that serve up Buffalo Wings to nibble on while we imbibe....Buffalo Wings were the beginning of it all, then all the other flavors came afterwards, but that oh so tasty orangish-red spicy sauce will always rule!!...besides, how can you make a comment like that in an article about what's & where's the BEST BUFFALO WINGS?!?...LOL!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
      • P.A. Albert Anthony Galbo-Jackson

LIKE!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
      • Aubrie

Re-read the article!! It said CHICKEN WINGS!!!!! Look at the title... Can you read?

January 30, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • randoid1234

I know what you mean about buffalo wings being outdated. Do you know what else is outdated? Bread. It's been several millenia, it's time to move on!!!

January 30, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
      • kadee

LOL randoid!!....@ Aubrie, NO, no one can read and yet we can type clear and perfect sentences that make sense...ah-duh!! *smh*

January 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm |
  45. Pejay

The dry rub wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (Texas Chain) are some of the best I'ver ever had!

January 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  46. Mwah

I agree with JB saying Anchor Bar doesnt have the best wings in Buffalo, but I must say I think Duff's is the best wings ever, thats the place to go in Buffalo

January 30, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • hahaha

Between Duffs and Coles

January 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • SabaDiver

I couldn't agree with you more...Duff's is the place for Wings if your from Buffalo! Second to none.

January 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
      • P.A. Albert Anthony Galbo-Jackson

YOU'RE STUPID, notice the use of you're versus your? Get it? Do you understand, dummy?

January 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  47. PENTURNER

Cluck U New Jersey The best!

January 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • heero

omg I feel liky dying everytime I finish a bucket of cluck-u

January 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
  48. Wardo

Howcan a 'Chain' of any sort have the 'Best of' anything??? There is small Pub called Serums Good time emporium approx 20 miles North of Minneapolis that should be considered in this conversation!

January 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • Whorhay

I would like to agree with you but it's just not always true. Where I live there is no shortage of BBQ places, sadly the one that was consistently the best closed down a few years back when their franchise decided to cut back.

Just this last Saturday I ordered a $9 pulled pork sandwich to go. It turned out to be an oversauced medium sized hamburger bun with some chopped pork on it. I don't think I've ever felt as ripped off. I've gotten better values from concessions stands at concerts, which are notorious for being rippoffs. For that kind of money I fully expect to get to get a hoagie style of bun, and actual pulled pork, not chop!

January 30, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
    • randoid1234

I'f you're in the Twin Cities metro area, the best place for wings is Sweeney's Saloon. They're the whole wing and their sauce is great.

January 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
      • Aletheya

Sweeney's? ewww – I guess it's good if you like massive hunks of soft skin.

January 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
      • randoid1234

We must be talking about different places because every time I've been there they were nothing like that.

January 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm |
    • chris

Agreed. Really a wing chains on your list? Anchor bar is pretty good. Duff's is better and there are a soo many other places better than the ones mentioned here. Bon Chon NYC? Really??

January 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
    • Bennett

The best place to get wings in the Twin Cities (or any place for that matter) is :D-Spot in Maplewood. Over 60 different sauces. The Lalapalooza and the Peanut Butter and Jelly are insane. But so is everything else!

January 30, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  49. Roberta Gerlach

OK, as long as the other 3 do not claim "Buffalo Wings", but Anchor Bar is THE BEST BUFFALO WING server in the country. They are the originators and they are in BUFFALO!

January 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
    • JB

Too bad Anchor Bar doesn't even have the best wings in Buffalo. You want the best, you have to travel to the Buffalo suburb of Depew and find the extremely unassuming and therefore totally charming Sal's. Looks like a mom-and-pop bar/restaurant stuck in the middle of a neighborhood, Sal's has these huge, crunch, amazing wings, unlike any I've ever tasted. Go with the heat and also sample the garlic wings, which are unbelievable. Don't believe me? Google or, better yet, go.

January 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
      • P.A. Albert Anthony Galbo-Jackson

Sal hit it! Big wings with a crunch! Absofrigginlutely!

January 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
    • Don

I will half agree with JB. The Anchor Bar doesn't have the best wings in Buffalo. I've never been to Sal's, but the wings at Duff's are better than The Anchor Bar. So, there are at least two places in Buffalo with better wings.

January 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • Chris

There are so many places in the Buffalo are that have wonderful wings that Buffalo should have its own category. Looking forward to trying Sal's sometime.

But we can at least agree that they need to be BIG and have a nice CRISPINESS!

January 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
      • julez

If you are looking for meaty, crispy, delicious wings in Buffalo, you must try the Nine-Eleven Tavern in South Buffalo! Anchor Bar is a joke in comparison.

January 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  50. Stacey

These people have obviously never had chicken wings at Pok Pok in Portland, OR! They have the best chicken wings that have a spicy, sweet, garlicky thai influenced glaze on them.

January 30, 2012 at 1:20 pm |