Coffee klatsch
November 29th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPV4Zbs1ogY?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Truth™@All

Ok folks, I am out. To quote a line of my father's, "This day did not just $ukk, but it performed the entire act, including f@replay and a smoke in the dark afterward"

Later all!

November 29, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  2. faith

Hey all! Slow day in the klatsch.

As for the QofD: I'm here and on FB. I like FB because I know so many people who live far away and I can kind of keep up with what's going on in their lives. I do NOT post my every move and rarely post things at all. Mostly random things my kids have done so my sister in TX can see.

November 29, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Faith

Hi – Yes it is slow...it must be the week-after-four-day-weekend syndrome! Busy, busy at work for me too, plus some fun stuff.

November 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  3. AleeD®

Check, check, check out mah melody.

November 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
    • AleeD®

Christ on a cross! Guess it was time to change my email address and I missed the memo. Been trying to post since noon.

November 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
  4. Mildred

Hello! I have scones for tea later.

QotD answer: I'm here, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, used to also do LiveJournal (I should get back to it though), and I have some of my writings up on a Blogger page. I also listed to a lot of podcasts, mainly fiction ones (think audio books and radio dramas).

November 29, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
    • MicheleG™

what does Google+ do for you?

November 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
      • Mildred

There's a bunch of stuff- it does the news stream that Facebook does, but better. It also lets you set up web calls/conferences called hangouts (webcam and a writing based chat interface together), and share documents to people within the hangout.

I actually have a group doing a role-playing game using the Hangout feature. *geek alert ;) *

November 29, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Oh, yeah...I forgot about the social space I created for the Chum's blog. Oops.

And I have a more or less private art blog as well. I restricted viewers because I would really rather not have my stuff copied off and used without my knowledge or participation.

November 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm |
  5. MicheleG™

Howdy! Chocolate coffee for everyone with any kind of "cream" you want.

QOD: How many other "social media" are you using?
    For example I'm on FB TED, here, and LinkedIn. Not counting cell and texting, so I use 4.
    (I'm surprised at myself that I have so many....!)

November 29, 2011 at 11:43 am |
    • Queen of Everything™@QOD

I'm on here and that's it. I've never Facebooked, MySpaced, chat roomed or texted in my life. I'm still not completely sure what Twitter is supposed to be.

November 29, 2011 at 11:51 am |
    • Truth™@MicheleG, QOD

I am weird, because I just don't "get" FB...I have had friends ask me to get on it, but to me it just feels too invasive. I REALLY like my privacy. If I want to share something, I will. No need to tell the world, as I am not really all that interesting. And I cannot for the life of me, understand the people who have to post details of affairs, debauchery, or just plain acting the fool. I have long thought the corporate motto for FB should be "Destroying marriages, careers and dignity since 2006"

Same goes for Twitter. I do not understand why people think the world wants to "follow" them. Most of us are not all that fascinating.

That said, I am sure that the next time I have to look for a job, LinkedIn may become a necessity. Just the thought makes me cringe.

November 29, 2011 at 11:52 am |
      • Truth™@MicheleG, QOD

Although all that said, I do post on the Denver ComPost newspaper website. My screen name is "Gr8ful Dude".

November 29, 2011 at 11:54 am |
      • MicheleG™

I can appreciate your att itude. It was mine as well for a long time. I have begun playing with just these few recently. For your peace of mind you CAN set your account set tings to be restric ted to a lim ited set of viewers, and you can set it up so that only a few of your at tributes can be seen. And you can use a pseudonym. I've done all these things and more.

One last item is that I was able to reun ite with a friend from 40 years ago thanks to FB. There is a way to privately communicate with someone if you don't want it public (even to the lim ited viewership you may have set up for your account.)

My original comment is being ?moderated" (i.e.: in limbo forever) so I inserted some odd ball word and letter spaces to make it "go."

November 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
      • Uncle Paul

@ Truth-–Nice bigoted post on the story about Patice O'Neal. Why don't you keep your racist opinions to yourself on this lame page.

November 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
      • Truth™@Unclepaul

Nice try, but I have not been on the Patrice Neal page.
        Thanks for playing though, troll.

November 29, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
      • Uncle Paul

@Truth- Say what you will but someone's using your name so the assumption was valid. no harm no foul. U.P.

November 29, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
      • Truth™@Unclepaul

None taken.
        Party on!

November 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

So is this our little Justa posing as yet another personality?? He really needs to see someone about that...just sayin.

November 29, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
      • Truth™@JBJ

That may be Justa, but I am not sure. And I did look for the post, and he is right...someone posting under the name "Truth" (no TM) did say some pretty un-nice things, so i can see his point.

Though all that said, when I saw the story about Patrice Neal dying, I thought "Hey, I liked her in "The Fountainhead"...Didn't she adrvertise coffee or something?"

November 29, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
      • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™ & Truth

He just needs to pluck his eyebrows or color his hair or something. Maybe move out of his grandmother's house. Someone p33ed in his cornflakes and now he's taking it out on the world. Pathetic.

November 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
      • AleeD® @ Truth

Yoo funnee.

November 29, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QOD

I'm on here and FB. Joined FB because my kids live in WA and they are big social media types, so I get to keep up with them, see pics of the grandkids that I would never see, spy on my ex-stepsister cuz she doesn't know how to use privacy, connect with a few high school friends, and of course play games, FrontierVille, CityVille, FarmVille. Yep, that's what happens when you are a middle aged grandma. I rarely post anything about me, because as Truth said, just not that interesting and my privacy settings are pretty tight so it doesn't go out to the world....

November 29, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
    • AleeD®@MicG™ @ QOD

One more time!
      Hidey-ho neighborette & all the happy Klatschers! I post here at Eatocracy & on some of CNN's other threads under various screen names. No FB, no twits and no myspace cadets. I've asked several people why they use FB and they all tell me "to keep in touch with people I've lost touch with." Oh. Somehow I've managed to stay in touch with everyone I want to keep in my life – w/o FB. Interesting. However, as Truth™ stated, if I was looking for a job, things would probably be different.

Looks like most everyone ('cept Pops) had a safe & happy T-day. Jerv, I hope Pops heals up real soon!

November 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Howdy ho! I used to post on some other CNN threads but I backed off when it became obvious that trolls had invaded. So I shut that down. People who post here honor the honor system! An honorable thing to do.

November 29, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
      • AleeD®@MicG™

I hear ya. I don't get as emotionally involved there as I do here. But sometimes when it's slow .... :D

I didn't see if you posted how your T-day was. Did you have a good 'un?

November 29, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
      • MicheleG™

We had a marvelous, family intense Thanksgiving, Thanks! Photos, hugs, we were swamped in on overdose of affection and love!

November 29, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning Mi Chumanaro's! The halls are decked and the stockings all hung with care, ready for my visitors tonight! Oh, and Disneyland on Thursday, woooo hoooo!

November 29, 2011 at 11:40 am |
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Cold front? Cold front. COLD FRONT! AH HA HA HA!

Upper 60s this morning with lows tonight dipping into the upper 50s? I LOVE IT! It's about time the weather takes a turn like this down here! Are the rest of you as excited as I am?!

November 29, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  8. Queen of Everything™@All

Good morning! I'm just going to hazard a guess that the pre-prepared food thread is going to light up like Bob Marley on a Friday night.

November 29, 2011 at 9:06 am |
    • Truth™@Queen

I think I just heard Jeann getting in. I think that she may just stir things up. Stand by.

November 29, 2011 at 9:11 am |
  9. JainaJade

I need a clone...I have class from 800-1630 and meetings from 930-1130, 1200-1300, and 1330-1430.
    Caffeine IV drip please :-{

November 29, 2011 at 8:50 am |
  10. RichardHead@NFL NosePickers

Well, WD has given two paws UP on the final tally and it is getting Ugly.......
    1. RH........28-17.......2-2 on picks--stoooopid 49'ers and Chargers.
    2. Jerv......26-17.......3-1 on picks..And down the stretch he comes with AleeD's whip in hand..Good job Lil' Buddy. :))
    3. Truth....25-17.......2-2 on picks-You must use the Force Obie Wan......
    4. Queen.17-15.......3-1 on picks-I'm gonna chalk this one up to a Blonde moment....
    5. SirB......15-6.........3-1 on picks-It had to be the scotch or the Turkey ??
    Alright SirB–Your up...Make us proud for Week 13.

November 29, 2011 at 8:48 am |
  11. Truth™@Jerv, RichHead

I was talking to big Sis last night as the carnage began...Brees was indeed in the proverbial zone, so he earned it, though I hate seeing the NYGs go down. Good game for the Saints though.

Chilly morning in the MHC today. I love this time of year. Snow expected later this week though.

November 29, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  12. RichardHead

Good Tuesday Morning from Mobile AL. A chilly 37 degrees yet WD is making her rounds at her favorite watering holes.The coffee and Tea are ready,and it is time for Breakfast Tacos. Got to get the stomach used to OTR food again. Make it a Great Day all.

November 29, 2011 at 7:15 am |
    • Jerv@Rich and All

Morning everyone! Thanks for the tacos, RicH. I actually just finished a breakfast burrito. You need to get a cape and mask for WD to match Big Blue.

November 29, 2011 at 7:36 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Good Morning Lil' Buddy-If my calculations for the NFL NosePickers are correct ( they are being verified by WD as we speak ) there is a MAJOR Shakeup in the standings....Ohhhh-The Humanity. How's the number crunching with the Grant coming along? Also,How did Pop's get his arm stabbed?

November 29, 2011 at 7:42 am |
      • Jerv@Rich

Did I read that right, NOLA whipped the sh it out of the Giants 49 to 24?? Goooo Packers! Pops was trying to cut the plastic off of the turkey, slipped and stabbed himself. His lesson learned: "Remember to always cut away from yourself." The grant.....lets just say I want to strangle some folks. But it will be alright.

November 29, 2011 at 7:51 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Oh Yea...Drew Brees was on fire last night. They have a TE that never played football until his last year in college. This is a tuff dude. I think Mr. George Di ckel might have had a hand in the kitchen massacre? HA !! Good job on the Grant..

November 29, 2011 at 7:56 am |
      • Jerv@RicH

LOL! Actually it was 6 in the morning, no George that early. I swear he was not up more than a few minutes when the blood gusher happened. I'll never forget that. Keep an eye on WD doing the NFL nosepickers tallying. I'm off to a grant meeting....the horror, the horror.

November 29, 2011 at 8:04 am |