Coffee klatsch
November 7th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUhdXB_-k4A?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. TX4UREXKARLENE

Hi Everyone , I'm so dizzy trying to show my sister who – I'm talking to . I want to Thank Everyone Here !! You are the Sweetest People !!!!
    I Wish You all The Very Best in Life !!!

November 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
  2. RichardHead

I am out for awhile folks. Will talk with you from AL. tomorrow morning. Truth, give me a shout later.....Stay safe everyone.

November 7, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead

Will do Bro. Drive safely!

November 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
  3. Truth

Wow...Murray is guilty. Not a good day for him.

November 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Yep, probably has his plane ticket to Houston so he can party down before the sentencing.

November 7, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
  4. JBJingles™_from sunny SW FL

Well kids, 15 mins to go, then I get oto go lounge by the pool until a conference call at 6pm! Have a nice evening.

November 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Nice... Use your Odie voice. Have fun and talk with you tomorrow. :))

November 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
  5. MicheleG™

Quick list of intellectual property symbols, short-forms, etc.

Patent Pending:
    means a patent application has been filed
    the application can be a regular, non-provisional application, or a provisional application
    does not mean a patent is certain to issue
    is a warning that a patent might issue

The ™ sign:
    flags an unregistered trademark
    usually superscripted or subscripted
    expresses owner's belief and/or intention
    (trademarks are brand names for products)

The SM sign:
    flags an unregistered service mark
    usually superscripted or subscripted
    expresses owner's belief and/or intention
    (service marks are brand names for services)

The ® symbol:
    flags a federally registered trademark or service mark
    cannot be used unless the mark is federally registered
    indicates USPTO validation of mark
    usually superscripted or subscripted
    replaces either the TM or SM sign when the mark is registered

The © symbol:
    first element of copyright notice
    word Copyright can be used instead
    followed by year date of publication and owner's name
    used whether or not work has a copyright registration
    copyright notice not required, but highly recommended.

November 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
  6. Queen of Everything

Can we trademark our names? Some poser is posting as Truth on the Eid thread.

November 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm |

MicheleG©

November 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
    • Truth@Queen

I saw that, and I agree about trademarking. Thieves abound.

Not that being thought of as a religious zealot would bother me, I just hate to think that anyone would confuse me with someone who cannot wrte...;)

November 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
      • AleeD

I said I was sorry. ;) It's what I get for not paying attention.

November 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

It's pretty damn sad when there are 7 Billion people in the world, and someone cannot be original enough to think up a screen name. I've used at least 25 different ones. It's ok..... RaceHorse is on the case...:))

November 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
      • Queen of Everything

I knew it wasn't you because of the horrible grammar.

November 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm |

MicheleG™

Circle C is Copyright
      TM is for unregistered Trademarks

The Chumarinos/Klatchkies could vote on which one to use.....?

November 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Just for fun, you know? It can't be "official."

November 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
      • AleeD patent pending

There's also patent pending....

November 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
      • MicheleG™

What's the symbol? Pee Pee?

November 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
      • AleeD patent pending

"AleeD patent pending" means I've submitted a patent application to the USPTO for a patent, whereas "Truth®" would be a federally registered trade or service mark

Check out:

November 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
      • AleeD patent pending

Oh, duh.
        To answer your question, there is no symbol for patent pending. Once you have filed your app, you can produce any of your products, marketing or sales materials with "patent pending" attached to the name.

November 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Link is to the same place I got the big list above.....thxs!

November 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
      • AleeD patent pending

Yeah, I saw it after I posted. I think I'm going to go back to bed. I don't seem to be firing on all thrusters today. ;)

November 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Awwww....Naps CAN be a very good thing! "See" you later then!

November 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
  7. Ms. Grammar

WHOO HOO! Mom had her final radiation treatment this morning. She was so excited to ring the bell. Now, we just need to get her "go" back for the cruise at the end of the month.

November 7, 2011 at 11:42 am |
    • RichardHead@Ms. Grammar

WOW...That is Great news. Give her my best please. Sounds like a road trip for cremators is in order to build up her strength. :))

November 7, 2011 at 11:46 am |
      • Ms. Grammar@RichardHead

Totally agree! YUM!

Thank you so much, my friend, for all your concern these past few months. Mom and I can't adequately express our appreciation for your kindnesses. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the "real" coffee klatschers ROCK!

November 7, 2011 at 11:57 am |
      • RichardHead@Ms. Grammar

Quit..Your making us Blush. It must be the Mullets we all wear. :)) Again, Thank You for the kind words last week.

November 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
  8. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning Klatschers! How is everyone today? Me? I'm tiiiiirrred

November 7, 2011 at 11:13 am |
    • Queen of Everything@DJCP

I'm tired too. I say we only vote for presidential candidates who are willing to inst!tute mandatory naptimes for grown-ups.

November 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
  9. Queen of Everything

Good morning all! Did any of my teams win this weekend?

November 7, 2011 at 10:50 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Are the Dolts still your team? They LOST Again. You will have to wait till MNF is over before WD tally's up the scores. BTW, I posted the wrong game on Weds. last week so those of you picking Cinn. Bengals got an automatic WIN. Even if you didn't pick 'em it is still being counted as a Win. I can't read my own writing and thought they were playing the Texans when they played Tennessee.

November 7, 2011 at 11:00 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

I'm feeling pretty confident in my picks so I'm sure that I'll be in the lead when all is said and done. Don't make excuses for your illiteracy. Letters can be tricky sometimes.

November 7, 2011 at 11:11 am |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Hey, I gradiated from a Top Texas Skool.... 199 out of 200 students. Besides I wrote everything in crayon.

November 7, 2011 at 11:24 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

Did you use a red crayon? That's the color all the cool kids use.

November 7, 2011 at 11:26 am |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Nawhhh-That was the Teachers color. I always used Blue ( it matched my eyes ) or Purple when I got rowdy.

November 7, 2011 at 11:33 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

Purple: The official color of feistiness.

November 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm |
      • RichardHead@Queen

TCU,TCU-Horned Frogs Forever !!

November 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
  10. SeaBee from Home Port

Morning!! I am already on vacation in my head... Any ideas on how one can focus, when already mentally checked out?

Have any of you spent any time in Portland, OR? Anything I shouldn't miss whilst there?

November 7, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • MicheleG

As a kid from Phoenix all I can advise is that you will see 3 things: COLD, WET, and GREEN stuff........LOTS of green things. Oregon is heavy on photosynthesis.

(sorry, I'm not a fan of Portland).

November 7, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • RichardHead@SeaBee

Morning,Check with Tazer,she is out of her mind All the time. :)) In regards to Portland.....If I remember correctly, they have a tour of tunnels and hidden passages that go under neath the main section of Portland. Just have fun. :))

November 7, 2011 at 10:46 am |
    • Truth@SeaBee

I spent a weekend in Portland in 1999 when I ran the marathon there. As I remember, lots of places for seafood, coffee and shopping. Seemed like a nice city though. Enjoy it!

November 7, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • Snoop Dawg

I heah dey have some of duh greenest, fahnest green you have evuh seen.

November 7, 2011 at 11:24 am |
      • RichardHead@Snoop Dawg

Roll another one, Just like the other one. :))

November 7, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  11. JBJingles_from sunny SW FL

Good morning everyone, beeutiful day here in Florida! :)

November 7, 2011 at 10:13 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Good Morning Beer Babe. How's the trip so far?

November 7, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • AleeD@JBJingles

Hey! When you're not working down in SW FL, what do you do for entertainment?

November 7, 2011 at 10:25 am |
    • JBJingles_from sunny SW FL@RH & AleeD

Trip is okey dokie so far, got in on Saturday so got to rest up yesterday. I am staying with my bestest friend and her hubs, so it is much nicer than a lonely hotel room and the beer is cheaper! :)

November 7, 2011 at 10:46 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Kool,It's really nice when you have Great Friends. Have fun and don't work too hard.

November 7, 2011 at 10:50 am |
  12. RichardHead@AleeD

Get the Dungeon ready.......I heard from Sir Biddle on Friday. HA !! He is doing well.

November 7, 2011 at 10:01 am |
    • AleeD@RichHd

I'm glad to hear he's doing well. Is he coming back or is he still boycotting the zombiebots?

November 7, 2011 at 10:08 am |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

He's been playing the Peek-A-Boo thing. He's just checking on us and making sure we are NOT making fun of him. Now would we do that? :))

November 7, 2011 at 10:14 am |
      • AleeD, Thread Domiinatrix@RichHd

Well that sound like an invitation to pick on him, don'tcha think? :D
        Hmm, I'll be back. I need to go polish (not Polish) up the ColdStone and re-sanitize the pole. Next time he pops in, I need to be alert, lassooo his butt and the rest of his parts, and drag him down to the slab for an intense .... training session. SsssssssPOP!

November 7, 2011 at 10:24 am |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

Hahahaha,That should bring him out. Wonder where my Lil' Buddy Jerv is this morning?

November 7, 2011 at 10:27 am |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

What? But I just had that thing cleaned! Not again...

November 7, 2011 at 10:57 am |
      • AleeD@DJCP

From what I read, it gets alot of used over weekends. :D

November 7, 2011 at 11:21 am |
      • Queen of Everything@AleeD and DJCP

Perhaps I had a seizure but I'm quite sure that I banned Truth from using the lounge for "recreational" purposes. The "Queen of Everything" title means nothing if you don't listen, people!

November 7, 2011 at 11:25 am |
  13. MicheleG

I tried to post about a half hour ago but I got ModBoted... anyway GOOOOOOOOD morning!

November 7, 2011 at 9:34 am |
    • RichardHead

Good Morning,How are things on the left coast? Had the same problem a short while ago and got a message they were doing Server Maintenance.

November 7, 2011 at 9:57 am |
      • MicheleG

I got a strange "Gateway" error thing............

November 7, 2011 at 10:36 am |
    • MicheleG

The Left Coast (even some what inland) is just beautiful this AM!

November 7, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  14. AleeD

Gooood morning Klatschers! Had a productive weekend. Our flooring is scheduled to be la!d next Sat. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks for the coffee, Rich. Time change is a particular thorn in my side, too. An extra special happy belated birthday to WD!!! Truth, looks like you were getting some good hits in over on the Bakra thread.

November 7, 2011 at 9:08 am |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Good Morning Sista' . I will pass along your Birthday wishes to WD and Thank You. Congrats on the flooring,Finally. So what is the next project?

November 7, 2011 at 9:20 am |
      • AleeD@Rich

Next project? Finish the guest room. HA! We still have alot to do after the flooring goes in. Once it's done, we'll celebrate the holidays. After the first of the year, we'll to move to an outside project to replenish the ole vitamin D.

November 7, 2011 at 10:05 am |
    • Truth@AleeD

Wasn't me...I try to never get profane here, even veiled profanity. I also try to adhere to a "you do your thing, I'll do mine" mindset when it comes to religion.

November 7, 2011 at 9:30 am |
      • MicheleG

A commendable approach with which I agree wholeheartedly! And emulate.

November 7, 2011 at 9:38 am |
      • AleeD@Truth

My apologies for not recognizing that it wasn't you. I'll try to pay closer attention.

November 7, 2011 at 10:06 am |
  15. JainaJade

Good morning everyone! I have some Apple Chip Cookies for the group so please enjoy :-) Had a great time at my Food52 meet-up yesterday, lots of delicious recipes that I can't wait to test out!

November 7, 2011 at 9:00 am |
    • RichardHead@JJ

Good Morning and Thank You for the treats. Was this a group you met from your Blog? Sounds like fun.

November 7, 2011 at 9:10 am |
      • JainaJade@RH

It was part of the Food52 group, which is an online site that is basically what would happen if Eatocracy and AllRecipes had a baby. You can use it to find recipes but it also contains blogs, forums, and tips for improving/changing recipes. They also have a section where you can write it about specific food questions, such what can I use to sub for eggs, and any registered user can answer!
        They also just published a completely user-made cookbook. They ran one contest each week for a year and the winning recipe was published in the cookbook, along with honorable mentions and wild-cards.

November 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm |
      • RichardHead@JJ

Now that is Kool. Sounds like something Jerv and I can use. It's Jerv's turn to change the baby's diaper. :))

November 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
    • RichardHead@Chloe

Oh Noooooo....You have to have a "special" Browser to receive them.

November 7, 2011 at 10:03 am |
  16. Truth@RichHead

We did ok...Split 2-2 last night. Our anchor was out and the other team really had it together.

Many happy returns to WD. Give her my best.

You going to be around tonight? Will give you a voice communication if so.

November 7, 2011 at 8:41 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

I shall pass along your Birthday wishes to WD.....She is getting her Birthday present this morning at the Beauty Shop. Yes Sir, I will be around in hopes of at least winning 1 game in week 9. I sucked on picks for week 9. Good job on rolling the ball.

November 7, 2011 at 8:52 am |
  17. Truth

Good morning Bro. Sun is just starting to creep near the horizon, and we have a temp of about 35 here. Snow is supposed to come in tonight.

How was the weekend?

November 7, 2011 at 8:20 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning Brother, Weekend was good-–WD had a Birthday party yesterday.....She is now a Tweener..11 Years old and still going strong. Saw where you were going to get snow...Yuck. How was your weekend? Did 'ya kick butt in bowling?

November 7, 2011 at 8:24 am |
  18. RichardHead

Coffee,coffee,coffee is perkin' and the tea pot is steeping. Good Morning ALL,How was the weekend? This Daylight Saving Time deal is doing a number on me. 72 degrees and 90 % humidity, Welcome to Houston....Sigh.

November 7, 2011 at 6:55 am |