Coffee klatsch
November 1st, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaL05JZ8zOI&feature=related?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Mildred

Good afternoon everyone... I'm actually here. Just buried under work instead of anything fun.

November 1, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • RichardHead@Mildred

At least you aren't buried under snow.:)))

November 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
  2. Ms. Grammar

Not nearly enough bananas!

November 1, 2011 at 10:35 am |
    • RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

And they are not deep fried either. How are you and Mom doing? Any after effects from the storm?

November 1, 2011 at 10:38 am |
      • Ms. Grammar

We're OK. North Jersey got hit hardest! Just some inconvenient driving conditions for us. But hey, just driving normally in Jersey can be inconvenient. :)

Are you guys still getting the wild fires?

Go Bills! (1st 22 years of my life) Go Lions! (next 17 years) Can't get myself to root for the Eagles with Vick (my doggie's enemy) (last 18 years of my life).

November 1, 2011 at 11:36 am |
      • RichardHead

Hahahaha....Good girl on the Eagles-tho they did give a spanking to my Cowboys Sunday night. I too am a Beefalo and Detroit fan this year. Still waiting to see who can beat SirB's team this year. Glad you both survived the storm and Thank You for the kind words. :))) I could go for about 4 deep fried dawgs right about now.

November 1, 2011 at 11:50 am |
      • RichardHead

Note to self-Do Not say spank ing or you will get moderated. Forgot to mention the fires....since the cooler weather has moved in everything seems to have calmed down. Got some much needed rain last week but still 21 inches below normal. I doubt if we will get any snow to help out. :))

November 1, 2011 at 11:53 am |
      • RichardHead

ModBotz are worse then Zombies....Where did I put my machete from last night?

November 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
      • AleeD@RichardHead

It's down in the dungeon. The guy who maintains the Dominatrix's whips also sharpens large blades.
        *hands it over handle first* Here you go.

November 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

Thank You Sista'...Better put on the goggles and rain coat-it could get messy in here. :))

November 1, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
      • AleeD@RichardHead

HA! Between the exercise the recliner gets and the Cold Stone in the dungeon, it gets messy in here alot. That reminds me, since it's not Summer anymore, it's time to clean up DJ's Cold Stone ...

November 1, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead, Grammar

I'll hose it off. I have the hose out anyway. Just washed my car.

November 1, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Hahahahaha, Thanks for the laugh Bro...I needed that. :)))

November 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@Royal Proclamation

Truth is hereby not allowed within 20 feet of the lounge recliner or hoses.

November 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
      • Thread Dominatrix

Note-to-self: move up timetable for installing dentist chair in dungeon.

November 1, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  3. TX4UREXKARLENE

And how about a hand for those Kansas City Chiefs !!!!! And Da Bears !!! And LaRussa gettin a bookstore ;-) lol

November 1, 2011 at 10:03 am |
  4. TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning :-)) not a General Mills fan . Eight O'Clock coffee says to drop a fun size bar into your coffee cup & add hot coffee – never tried it , sounds like another bad habit I can't afford ;-)))

November 1, 2011 at 10:00 am |
  5. Queen of Everything

Good morning all! I've got Halloween sugar cookies to share! Thing 1 had a great time trick or treating last night (Thing 2 was home with a temp and a runny nose) and I got out of a speeding ticket this morning. Yay me!

November 1, 2011 at 9:24 am |
    • Jerv@Q

Ah, the poor sick guy. How did you get out of the ticket??

November 1, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • Truth@Queen

Ok, I have to ask...How did you do it. Did you:
      A. Cry
      B. Flirt
      C. Tell the office that Big Red was in town and you needed to prepare ASAP.
      D. Let Thing 1/2 crete a ruckus
      E. None of the above, because you are, after all, Queen of Everything (which apparently includes speeding tickets)

November 1, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Kid Cooties.....Agggggggh-- Congrats on the ticket tho.

November 1, 2011 at 9:33 am |
    • Queen of Everything@Jerv, Truth and Rich

Yeah, kid cooties suck. Especially since they tend to share them with Mommy. I actually got out of the ticket because I went to high school with the cop that pulled me over. Some days it pays to live in the same town you grew up in.

November 1, 2011 at 9:38 am |
  6. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning everyone! Woke up this morning and walked out to a blue sky without a cloud to be seen as well as the temps around 70F.

After the weather we've been having lately, today looks like it's going to be a great day. Anyone up for some hot chocolate?

November 1, 2011 at 9:14 am |
    • AleeD@DJCP

Are you melting down some 3 Musketeer bars? I'm in!

November 1, 2011 at 9:30 am |
      • AleeD@DJCP

I meant to include "leftover from last nite's treaters."

November 1, 2011 at 9:36 am |
    • Jerv@DJC

As cold as it is here in Richmond, hot chocolate sounds great. You deserve some nice weather after all that flooding you had.

November 1, 2011 at 9:30 am |
    • Queen of Everything@DJCP

I'm down for some HC and melted 3 Muskateers.

November 1, 2011 at 9:39 am |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@ALL

Well, that sounds like a better idea! Go ahead and get started with melting the chocolate. I'm going to go grab some ice cream!

November 1, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  7. SeaBee from Home Port

Good morning, my friends. I am officially on vacation countdown... One week from today, I will be leaving the humble abode for a trip up to Portland, OR. Should be a blast!!

November 1, 2011 at 9:08 am |
    • RichardHead@SeaBee

Hope you have fun and don't forget to pack the Sporks and at least one muu muu. :))

November 1, 2011 at 9:16 am |
  8. JainaJade

Good morning everyone! Hope last night was full of treats, not tricks. Busy day planned today so not sure how often I'll be around.
    For those interested I have a black bean/sweet potato taco recipe up on my blog: http://www.dancingveggies(dot)com :-)

November 1, 2011 at 8:32 am |
  9. Truth

Good morning all!
    How is everyone doing today?

November 1, 2011 at 8:20 am |
    • Jerv@Truth

Doing great here in VA. Your grocery shopping crack was funny! Get many trick or treaters?

November 1, 2011 at 8:28 am |
      • Truth@Jerv

Grocery shopping? I remember not. When did I say this? I may have been out of my mind on a Reese's high.

We had a few kids last night, and the leftovers got delivered at about 8:30 to my neighbor's kids, so I was a popular man.

November 1, 2011 at 8:37 am |
      • Jerv@Truth

Check his 8:13 am Klatsch post.

November 1, 2011 at 8:43 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Morning my Brother...Thanks for the conversation last night. :))

November 1, 2011 at 8:30 am |
      • Truth@RichHead

No prob Bro. Travel safely, and call if there is ANYTHING you need.

November 1, 2011 at 8:33 am |
  10. RichardHead

Good Morning Everyone....Thanks for the coffee and fiber this morning AleeD. @Jerv,Morning Lil' Buddy–Was talking to Truth on the phone last night and he asked me how many rug rats I had come by for Trick or Treat--Told him about 10 only and the majority were Hispanic and not from my neighborhood.....His reply was Yea,Must be grocery shopping Day for them. Ha!!! Priceless.

November 1, 2011 at 8:13 am |
    • Jerv@RicH

Good morning, my friend. LMAO! That is too damn funny. Where you at today?

November 1, 2011 at 8:20 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Yea, Truth can come up with some zingers...I'm at home for the rest of the week as I got a phone call that my older Brother in Ft. Worth had passed away from pancreatic cancer. Soooo,Everything is in limbo until we hear from the military about burial at DFW cemetery. Life sucks this week.

November 1, 2011 at 8:27 am |
      • Jerv@RicH

Damn, so sorry to hear that about your sibling. You will be in my thoughts today.

November 1, 2011 at 8:29 am |
      • AleeD@Rich

Very sorry to hear about your loss Jim. Positive thoughts and many ehugs to you and your family.

November 1, 2011 at 8:34 am |
      • MicheleG

So sorry to hear about your brother. Hugs to you.

November 1, 2011 at 8:39 am |
      • Ms. Grammar

Oh Rich, I am so very sorry! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

November 1, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • SeaBee from Home Port @ RH

RicH, so sorry to hear about your brother. If you need anything, all you need do is ask. You and yours will be in my thoughts!

November 1, 2011 at 9:11 am |
    • RichardHead

Thanks to you All for your thoughts,hugs and prayers. It does mean alot to me.

November 1, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  11. MicheleG

HowDEEEE! HOOOOOOO RAAAY! The "H" day is history once again! GREAT Tuesday morning!

November 1, 2011 at 8:10 am |
    • Jerv@MicG

Morning you fine lady, you. Why do you not like H day?

November 1, 2011 at 8:13 am |
    • MicheleG

Well, it was originally set aside as a day to honor those who came before, the ancestors. Now the "Day of the Dead" has been totally perverted into a macabre, excess of gruesomeness, and the occult which I loathe and detest.

November 1, 2011 at 8:38 am |
      • Jerv@MicG

I definitely see your point. Western culture has a way of turning everthing into something that must be consumed to excess. Just look what has happened to Valentines day.

November 1, 2011 at 8:41 am |
      • Al Capone

That's my favorite day of the year!

November 1, 2011 at 8:48 am |
      • MicheleG

You get it. Precisely. It all gets WAY overdone.

I reject Halloween, however, with the most intense recoil, repugnance, or whatever the right word for it might be.

November 1, 2011 at 8:52 am |
      • AleeD@MicG

Whitewash, don't forget about the whitewash. If it weren't for me hubby, I would treat Valentine's Day very differently. I resent that Valentine's Day has become a Hallmark "holiday." But because I married the most hopeless romantic I've ever known, I su ccu mb and participate – but only with him.

And another thing! :) I have a problem calling them holidays. That word gets used too much. It's only a holiday if you receive time off to celebrate. Bah Humbug. ;)

November 1, 2011 at 9:28 am |
      • MicheleG

Yes, I totally get the nice thing to do sometimes is to participate on some level. Especially as in cases like yours. Sometimes the thing to do is to be a good sport about it.

However, for the "H" day I remain obdurate..

November 1, 2011 at 9:45 am |
      • MicheleG

Yes "holiday" is a corruption of Holy Day, which most of these over commercialized "occasions" are not.......though I know some started out that way.

November 1, 2011 at 9:47 am |
      • AleeD@MicG

Sometimes I get wrapped up in the "this isn't how it's supposed to be" mode, try to act on it and it bites me in the a$$. One year at Christmas, my family was trying to get a gift list out of me. I didn't want to giving them another shopping list of material crap. So I dug deep into my soul and told them what I truly wanted from them, now and forever, was their unconditional love, understanding and support. In her typical dismissive fashion, my maternal unit said, "Too late! I already got you something." Next, my baby sister piped up with "What is it about you that you want us to understand?" I was derailed, defeated and deflated. Some days it's just not worth chewing thru the restraints. ;)

November 1, 2011 at 10:11 am |
      • MicheleG

I understand. It's hard to get anyone else to understand our own internal journey. I try to explain myself to myself and wrangle with just the right words so it's no surprise that I can't quite get the full message "out there." (sigh....)

So, with the exception of "H," I generally go along for the ride.

November 1, 2011 at 10:23 am |
      • MicheleG

I like your metaphor.. I have teeth marks on mine, as well..................

November 1, 2011 at 10:24 am |
  12. Jerv

Morning everyone. Thanks for the cereal AleeD. Hope everyone had a great Halloween. It was a rainy washout here in Richmond.

November 1, 2011 at 7:52 am |
    • AleeD@Jerv

Did that leave you with giant bowls of candy? I hope you bought the good stuff.

November 1, 2011 at 7:58 am |
      • Jerv@AleeD

Nah, not at all. I live on a busy road and in 11 years have never had a single knock on my door at Halloween. One year, my sis and her son bought candy and we wound up eating it. Fortunately, it was the good kind of candy. What you got going today?

November 1, 2011 at 8:03 am |
      • AleeD

Woikin & goofing off here. Heh-heh.
        Wachoo up to today?

November 1, 2011 at 8:07 am |
      • Jerv@AleeD

Well, trying to decide if I want to come out of the gate this month at full speed to see if I can finish up my work by mid month. I know, I'll dip out and get some caffeine. That should help. I don't know who Chocoholic is but that post about JFGI is too funny.

November 1, 2011 at 8:11 am |
      • AleeD@Jerv

Heh-heh. ;)

November 1, 2011 at 8:17 am |
      • AleeD@Jerv

Dja get your coffee yet? IGM and am running full bore at some part documentation that's been sitting on my desk for 2 weeks. Gotta git r dun.

November 1, 2011 at 8:40 am |
      • Jerv@AleeD

Yup, just cracked open a coke and just like you said, "Gotta git r dun!" Signing off til noon.

November 1, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  13. AleeD

Good morning everybody. Coffee's on. After sharing Hershey bars, Reese's pumpkins & Almond Joys (all mini's) with the treaters last nite, a healthy bowl of Cheerios couldn't hurt. Did any one have any tricks last nite? Does anyone do that anymore? Luckily ours were all treaters. Had about 50 of 'em. The Most Adorable Costume was worn by a little girl, maybe 18 months old. Her hair was in an up-do, she was wearing a light green fairy costume and she had the biggest brown eyes .... priceless.

The Sam's Club-sized box of Cheerio's is on the counter. Milk's in the fridge. Enjoy.

November 1, 2011 at 7:13 am |