Coffee klatsch
October 14th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1N46YROEdc?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. RichardHead@JBJ

Sylmar,CA ? They said they shut down the 210 freeway to explode 3 canisters of Tylar gas. Only blew up 2 of them and going to try for the third one @ 9:00 a.m. Must be some bad stuff.

October 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Yep, that's us! They had an explosion there in August and seriously injured 2, then had an explosion in another plant in nearby town that killed 1 last year, said it was too dangerous to move them so they thought blowing them up would be more fun, I mean safe! LOL Probably cost taxpayers a couple of million to bring all those people out! Apparently they were making alternative fuel sources? I wouldn't want that stuff in my tank...

October 16, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Oh and I drive by there every morning on my way to work! I don't think my employer appreciates that my life is in jeopardy just to get there everyday. :)

October 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Time to go start shredding up Porky the Pig! :) Happy football watching!

October 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Thank You.....Hope you and Hubs have a Great Day. Save me some pig,Please. :))

October 16, 2011 at 1:21 pm |
  2. RichardHead

This is why I LOVE October...Congratulations Texas Rangers on winning the ALCS and moving on to the World Series.

October 15, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
  3. RichardHead

Happy Saturday Chumarinos. WD did a fantastic job with the brisket last night,and made $ 40.00 in tips for beer running....Amazing. HA!! So I've got the brisket wrapped in foil and resting in the ice chest to retain heat and await the Dreaded Carving knife. Should be ready in 2 hours or when my stomach starts growling,whichever comes first. I tried something new this time....Dublin DrPepper marinating sauce,spiked with true Dublin DrPepper. The bark on this one is beautiful. I'll let you all know how it tastes. Hope you all are having a very nice weekend and Gooooooo Rangers. :))

October 15, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Hand over some brisket and no one gets hurt... LOL I still think you need to take a road trip to So Cal and give me lessons! :)

October 16, 2011 at 11:30 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Good Morning Beer Babe from the HOME of the ALCS Winning Texas Rangers. WD and I are still celebrating last nights WIN. I found the website you need to checkout--www.olddocs.com from Dublin TX. It's got ALL the DrPepper stuff I told you about and now has the DrPepper marinade. This is the best tasting brisket I have ever done. ( I think I hurt my arm patting myself on the back ) :)) It started out as a 6 lber and ended up around a 3 and a half pounder. Lip smackin' good. So what 'ya been cookin'?

October 16, 2011 at 11:45 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

That does sound wunderbar! I'll check out the website. I found a way I can still cook without getting so tired and taking multiple breaks...hubs moves a bar stool in the kitchen and I can sit and prep to my little hearts content! :) Last night I made Chicken Scaloppini Piccatta, whole grain angel hair pasta, and haricot verts, yum! Tho I like my piccatta recipe better. Then my 5 lb pork sholder went in the hot tub (crock pot) overnight, so bbq pulled pork later with tater salad and coleslaw.

October 16, 2011 at 11:58 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

And dinner is at what time? Golly,WD and I now have to change shirts and get into an NFL mode. I figure Hub's and I can rig up an air lift seat for your chair when it comes to that. You be stylin then.....Ha!! We can even make it into an ejection seat in case some old grandma at Costco tries to pull a wheel jacking. I'm always thinking ahead. :))

October 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Ha, ha! Dang I went to order 2 bottles of the marinade and it's $10+ for shipping, so $20+ for 2 bottles....hmmm maybe I'll stick to the other method. We watched some triple D yesterday and they were showing some bbq/smoking and I thought of you, they spritzed with apple juice/cider! Looked great. In other news, we had 4-5 police cruisers up the street from us on Friday night, with officers drawing guns and helicopters overhead! Today we have hazmat, cops, FBI, EPA, fire and police about a mile away while they blew up some hydrogen tanks!! The hood is going to he!! in a handbasket I tell ya.

October 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Holy Crappola...Starting to sound like Tazer's neighborhood. Might have been a meth lab set up. Keep an eye on Odie just in case. Yea $ 10.00 is a little steep for shipping Pony Express from TX. Of course ALL Dr.'s are very expensive these days. Thanks for thinking of me,but WD is the official spritzer in these parts. I have to keep her busy doing something so she won't eat the brisket off the smoker. :))

October 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
  4. Truth

Anyone here? Lights are out...

Ok, honey, come in and let's stay quiet. Recliner is in the corner. hehehe...

October 15, 2011 at 12:39 am |
    • WD----Head of Lounge Security

Hmmmm......I believe some hanky panky has taken place near my favorite chair.:))

October 15, 2011 at 7:36 am |
  5. RichardHead

I am out my friends to hit the Meat market,pick up an excellent Brisket and start preparing for a weekend feast. I think I am feeling the same type of nirvana that The Queen gets when walking into a shoe store.......Maybe not. Have a Great Weekend All and I will check in from time to time. Adios.

October 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead

Be safe Bro and enjoy the downtime.

October 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  6. Truth@Football Nose Picks

Ok gang, here are mine for the week.
    Philly over Washington
    Houston over Baltimore
    NYJ over Miami
    and New England over Dallazz

October 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Interesting. :)

October 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
  7. Jerv

Signing off for the weekend. Y'all be good to yourselves!

October 14, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
    • RichardHead@Jerv

Have a Great weekend Lil' Buddy.

October 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH

Thanks and you too!!

October 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm |
  8. JBJingles

Well good morning all! It's still morning here anyways. Busy busy days here, but it is FRIDAY!! I wish it would cool down some as I'm in the mood for some beef stew cooking slow in the oven all day...

October 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

I plan on getting stewed,but not in the oven. :))

October 14, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
      • JBJingles@RH

Hahaha! What's cooking this weekend? WD doing the grilling?

October 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Ohhhhhh Yea. Gonna start a brisket tonight on the smoker and WD will be the official timer,plus beer runner. Nice and cool this evening so keeping everything at temp should be no problem. What are you Hubs and Odie up to this weekend?

October 14, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
      • JBJingles@RH

I am having cooking withdrawals, must-cook-something-this-weekend... Odie will probably do his usual 20+ hrs of napping both days, hubs and I are going to go try to find some new shoes for me tomorrow. Then I will do my usual Food Network marathon in the afternoon, a perfect day!

October 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
      • Truth@JBJ

Sounds like a fun day you have planned. Enjoy it my dear, as it sounds like you have more than earned it.

October 14, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
      • JBJingles@Truth

Thank you my friend! I am happily searching recipes now...I am either going JBJ & Julia school (beef bourgnion) or maybe some BBQ pulled pork, or maybe both as there are 2 days in the weekend! Any fun plans or fab recipes to try at your place?

October 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  9. JainaJade

Hello All! Sorry I'm late but I spent the night praying to the porcelain god...fun times! The worst part is that I actually feel great so I keep trying to eat and then turn in to Linda Blair :-( I just want some food!!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
    • JBJingles@JJ

Ewww, so sorry you are not feeling well! Nothing worse than getting sick to the stomach...

October 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
    • Jerv@JJ and All and slow day in the Klatschnezz.

Were you drunk or catch the flu? I scored your slow cooker recipe for Mexican Lasagna. Thanks!

Here is the link to JJs posted recipes for you Klatsherz.

October 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • RichardHead@JJ

Oh Boy, Projectile vomiting. A classic. :))

October 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm |
  10. TX4UREXKARLENE

Good Morning , I just got up – coffee ....

October 14, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  11. Queen of Everything from the Castle@Football picks

I'm going to with NE, Washington, Houston and Miami this week. I consulted my Magic 8 Ball so I'm sure they will all win.

October 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • RichardHead

You might want to change those batteries or your looking in the wrong end of the ball.

October 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
  12. Queen of Everything from the Castle@All

Afternoon all! Thing 2 and I are sitting down to lunch. What's shakin' around here?

October 14, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
    • Truth@Queen

Jerv is arguing with Gary Coleman, RichHead is eagerly awaiting the baseball game tomorrow and I was almost billy clubbed on my way to the office thiis morning.

What's for lunch today your highness?

October 14, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
      • Queen of Everything from the Castle@Truth

Gary Coleman? Is that Webster? Anyhoo, we're having chicken quesadillas and peaches for lunch today.

October 14, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
      • Truth@Queen

No, Webster was Emmanuel Lewis. Gary Coleman was Arnold Drummond.

Chicken Quesidillas (sp?) sound good, but I think I am going to do something different today since my pastor is coming to the office for lunch. Maybe Thai.

October 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  13. MicheleG

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning to my Chumarinos!

October 14, 2011 at 11:11 am |
    • RichardHead@MG

Morning, How's the arm feeling this morning?

October 14, 2011 at 11:15 am |
      • MicheleG

A-OK..................yours?

October 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  14. SeaBee from Home Port

Good morning, everyone! It has been quite warm here the last couple of days. Ready for our regularly scheduled weather to return. 90 on the beach is just not acceptable, especially when the homes here don't have air conditioning.

In other news, it's Friday! Anyone got big plans?

October 14, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • RichardHead@SeaBee

Morning, Grab that tan while you can.

October 14, 2011 at 10:52 am |
  15. Truth@RichHead, Jerv

Good ideas all around. I get the whole idea and I can completely see the frustration that people have with our gov't...they are stooges, BOTH parties and the entire lot need to be voted OUT, but I fail to see how camping out will accomplish anything. They could have a FAR bigger impact if they closed out all of the bank accounts and put the money under their mattress or something, and then patronized ONLY those establishments whose values aligned with theirs. This just looks like an organized temper tantrum.

October 14, 2011 at 9:39 am |
    • Jerv@RicH and Truth

Well said. Looks like a bunch of kids playing a copy cat game of went on in the middle east with the protesting.

October 14, 2011 at 9:58 am |
  16. Jerv@NFL nose picks (for heavens sake this mo deration stuff is ridiculous.)

Jerv@NFL nose picks
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Here we go.
    NE over Dallas
    Wash over Philly
    Bal over Hous
    Dolphins over NYJ- -I’m betting that the co cky Jets will blow this game.

October 14, 2011 at 9:34 am | Reply

October 14, 2011 at 9:35 am |
    • Gary Coleman@Jerv

What choo been smokin' Willis?

October 14, 2011 at 9:52 am |
      • Jerv@Gary Coleman

Ha! What did I mess up?

October 14, 2011 at 10:04 am |
      • Gary Coleman@Jerv

Just another 4-0 record for starters. Flipper died,just like the Dolphins. :))

October 14, 2011 at 10:20 am |
      • Jerv@Gary Coleman

I figure someone needs to throw the dolphins a bone or two. They have to get scabby and win a game sometime. Besides, I can't stand the Jets. My x brother inlaws team.

October 14, 2011 at 10:25 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Shhhh,Don't tell anybody but, I have both a Jets and Packers Jersey with Brett Favres name on it. I know,I hang my head in shame.

October 14, 2011 at 10:30 am |
      • Jerv@RicH I'm going back to work, be cool dude!

Hahaha! Brett Farve is da man even if he wined about coming out of retirement. He should have sent more hanky panky photos of his junk to more chicks. Go Packers!!!

October 14, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  17. Jerv@NFL nose picks

Here we go.
    NE over Dallas
    Wash over Philly
    Bal over Hous
    Dolphins over NYJ- -I’m betting that the cocky Jets will blow this game.

October 14, 2011 at 9:34 am |
  18. DJChilllyPhil, improving Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Gas station cinnamon roll! Gas station cinnamon roll! Gas station cinnamon roll!

October 14, 2011 at 9:02 am |
    • RichardHead@DJCP

Where are my hubcaps? I've got a Tiger in my tank.

October 14, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  19. Truth

See attached. This is happening two blocks from my building:

October 14, 2011 at 8:51 am |
    • Jerv@Truth

Yeah, we are going to have the protesters here in Richmond, tomorrow. Do you think these protestors are a little late to the game?

October 14, 2011 at 8:58 am |
    • MicheleG

The 2 words in the article: "police action," have a chilling overtone. Uh oh.................

October 14, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  20. Truth

Good morning all...Well, the "Occupy Denver" crowd may have just dumped in their own messkit. The governor ordered them to evacuate yesterday, but today they decided to shut down Broadway, just as morning rush hour was kicking off. This ain't going to end pretty.

October 14, 2011 at 8:47 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning Bro....May I make a suggestion? Since the Colorado Rockies couldn't hit a baseball this season,get them out there for a little BP on some of the protesters heads. It's a Team building exercise. :)

October 14, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  21. Jerv

Morning all! I hope Maryann wasn't one of y'all posting with the secret hand shake. LOL! Thanks for the Fritters, RicH!

October 14, 2011 at 8:23 am |
    • Jerv

Go Greenbay! Booo raahhh!

October 14, 2011 at 8:24 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

The Bay is Green because Yellow and Blue make Green. :))) Take that Biddle !!

October 14, 2011 at 8:26 am |
    • RichardHead@Jerv

Morning Lil' Buddy......What 'ya got going for the weekend? I think WD and I are doing a brisket. Beautiful day here-56 degrees and the sun is just rising. Can't beat it.

October 14, 2011 at 8:28 am |
      • Jerv@RicH

Yup, like Truth, this is my fav-o-rite time of the year. The only thing planned for the weekend is to try and make some of those masa flour chips that was posted here at Eatocracy. Weekend weather is supposed to be perfect here so I can leave the back door open and let the little doggie drift in and out at will. Oh, I gotta do my NFL nosepicks!!

October 14, 2011 at 8:38 am |
  22. RichardHead

Good Morning All.....Coffee is ready,teapot is awhistling and we have Apple Fritters with apple butter. Sadly My Rangers tried to make a comeback but came up short. It's ok tho, we can now finish it out at Home in front of many frenzied fans. It's Friday,Yay........Let's make it a Great Day.

October 14, 2011 at 7:43 am |