Coffee klatsch
September 28th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_UqvcynYw?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. suj

Oh why is there no comments about naked ladies and the vegan strip club? Innuendos about shrubs, lactose intolerance, gardens and such? Here is the catch phrase for a great local fresh seafood store in Hatteras, or there used to be before Irene, named risky business: If it smells like fish, it's risky business. It goes well with with a neighboring crab house there named dirty dicks: I Got My Crabs at Dirty Dicks – tee shirts and hats!. Do vegans even eat fish? Or land clam? Their toe jam? where is the line? Oh, in Hatteras, it's byonl.

September 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  2. AleeD

I'm out at work. I'll try to check back in once I get to Home Sweet Home. Hugs to all and to all a good nite.

September 28, 2011 at 4:02 pm |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Be careful Sista.:))

September 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  3. RichardHead@AleeD

Such a potty mouth...Hahahaha,well done Sista!!

September 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@Richard

Are you talking to yourself again?

September 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
      • AleeD@QOE

Sometimes he does talk to himself. That's why he got WD, so it looks like he's talking to her. :)
        Nah, I've been occupodo and didn't see his post right away.

September 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • AleeD@Rich

LOL. Yup! Dass me! He pi$$ed me off. P0t is addictive my left elbow.

September 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  4. Truth@Football Picks

I am going with:

DEN over GB
    NE over OAK
    SF over PHI
    and
    DET over DAL

Just got out of a marathon meeting. No real motivation for lunch here.

September 28, 2011 at 2:27 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

I'll try this one more time.....GB,NE,Phil,and even tho it doesn't count-Da Lions. :)))) Dang long meeting Bro.

September 28, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead

My director is here today and tomorrow. We are trying to renew/expand an existing tenant. VERY delicate stuff given the amount of egos in the room. I feel like frickin Henry Kissinger during most of these, always trying to find common ground and make peace. Typical middle child.

September 28, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

UR Kolledge edukated and the smartest man in the room. Bang your shoe on the table,that should get their attention.

September 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@Football Picks

Not that they count, but here are my picks:
      GB over DEN: GB colors are very retro plus I think Tebow is a really stupid last name.
      NE over OAK: Nothing good ever comes out of Oakland and NE just seems more patriotic.
      PHI over SF: I'd rather be a bird than an miner. It's the whole manual labor thing that I don't like about mining.
      DET over DAL: Lions make a cooler sound than cowboys.

September 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Interesting choices. Yes these do count as it is the only way for you to get in the running. Jerv will be impressed. I'm sure Truth has already feinted. :))

September 28, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead, Queen

Don't tell your SF pick to MTM...

September 28, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

You'll have to remember to tell me who won these games on Monday. I'm assuming they will be played this weekend and I'm also assuming that I won't be watching them.

September 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@Truth

Well he'd have to show back up around here wouldn't he? Do you think he got eated by a bear? I'm pretty sure he probably did.

September 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
      • RichardHead@Queen

As always My Darling I will keep track of your scores.

September 28, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  5. RichardHead

Oh My, Moderated again for giving my football picks. How ironic.

September 28, 2011 at 2:27 pm |
  6. RichardHead@Jerv

After consulting with my football Guru WD-here are my picks....Da Peckers,DaPats and Da Eagles.

September 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  7. JBJingles@RH & The Football Jocks

Does hubs lose his man card because he watched a Keeping up the Kardashian marathon with me on Sunday instead of football?

OR does he get brownie points for being the kind and sensitive hubs for watching with me?

(oh and he enjoyed it)

September 28, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

He was actually asleep with his eyes open. NO Real Man should be subjected to such torture. Besides,Odie filled him in on all the episodes.

September 28, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
      • JBJingles@RH

I think Odie was upstairs watching the Animal Planet, that's his fave!

September 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
      • Truth@JBJ, RIchHead

I refer to that as "Watching with my eyes on Screen Saver"...

September 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
  8. RichardHead@Truth,Jerv,SirB and Queenie

O.K. You football SLACKERS-WD literally worked her tail off last night compiling ALL your wins and losses since Week 1. All calculations have been verified by Price WaterurHorse-and the Winners are up to this point.......
    1. Sir Biddle 6-2
    2.Truth 5-4
    2.RH 5-4
    3. Jerv 4-3
    And last but not least just like her hometown team–The Queen...1-2
    Looks like I need to stop in NOLA and see the voodoo women to get my mojo back.

September 28, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
    • Jerv@RicH and a slow day in the klatsch

Cool thanks dude. I totally suck. I found this link for the NFL schedule.

September 28, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

That is the NFL Bible. HA! You have plenty of time to catch up to Biddle. Besides,you've got a better record then Queenie and The Indianapolis Dolts. :))

September 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH

Haha! Good ol Kweeny. So how are you deciding which three games we are "betting" on?

September 28, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

It's your turn to pick Lil' Buddy......Check out the week 4 schedule @NFL.com...compare W-L records on all the teams and make your 3 game picks. Try not to pick blowout games tho. :))

September 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH

OK, got it. I just pick what ever three games are of interest to me. I'll try and post before I leave today. Well, back to the grind. By the way, did TX ever get any of this rain that is drenching us here in VA?

September 28, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

I think Katy got a little last night,probably a thimble full. You can make your picks on Thursday if you want to.

September 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH & NFL

Here goes.
        GB over DEN
        OAK over NE
        SF over PHI

September 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Good picks Lil' Buddy. I'm gonna throw one more game in there for only you to chose so you can play ketchup...Detroit vs Dallas. Good Luck.

September 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH & NFL and ALL

DET over DAL. WTH, the Dolphins are 0 and 3? Alright, calling it a day. Drive safely TX Chaser and the rest of you Klatschers be bad, be really really bad tonight since it is hump da dump day!

September 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
    • Sir Biddle@RH

There is no way I am in the lead as I didn't even make picks last week.

September 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
      • RichardHead@SirB

This is from week 1 thru week 3. It includes the NO-GB opening game and I gave you credit for the Dallas game on MNF even tho you did post it via e-mail. How 'Ya feeling?

September 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm |
  9. Mildred

Good morning everyone!

Caffeine Abuse!!! (that's the picture for today...)

September 28, 2011 at 12:07 pm |
  10. JBJingles

Good morning Los Chumanarios! Nothing broken or bruised, just a sprained back (just!). I had been icing when I needed a heating pad to relax said muscles and some muscle relaxers and I felt a bazillion percent better last night. Still sore today, but it will take time to heal.

In other news, I am in a Oktoberfest state of mind! Going to pick up some authentic and home made brats on Saturday at Alpine Village (oompah), then dust off mom's German Potatoe Salad recipe and make that on Sunday. YUM I haven't had that in years.

September 28, 2011 at 11:36 am |
    • MicheleG

Been to Alpine Village. Don't get lost!

September 28, 2011 at 11:46 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Welcome Home and glad everything is O.K. Save me some Wurst please. :)

September 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
  11. Queen of Everything

Good morning all! Somebody (Richard) better have that mess in the picture cleaned up before I come back. I just mopped that floor this morning!

September 28, 2011 at 10:31 am |
    • RichardHead

Like we ALL believe that you would even know how to start up a mop. Another fantasy brought to you by the Queen.

September 28, 2011 at 11:23 am |
      • JBJingles@RH & MicheleG

Swiffer Wet Jet is the best invention, EVER! And I did have to teach hubs to "start it up", the little button on top you push with your thumb was a tough one. :)

September 28, 2011 at 11:40 am |
    • MicheleG

an interesting way to put it: "...start up a mop...."

I didn't know they were motor driven.......

September 28, 2011 at 11:29 am |
      • suj

maybe he's a mage?

September 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  12. MicheleG

Fabulous morning everyone. Sun coming up amongst our neighborhood trees and the birds are feeding in our feeder, the hummingbirds are taking delicate sips from their set of "juice" feeders, The rabbits came earlier and grazed in conversational groups on our lawn. The local crows are eagling and cackling their way to likely free food places like McDonalds, around town.

My chocolate coffee with a ploop of vanilla ice cream for creamer is waking me up gently. TV news on at a low level in the background so I know the world is still out there relatively intact. Relatively.

A fellow posted on FB said it well: If it gets any better .... I'll have to start worrying about it!! :o)

September 28, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  13. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

A nice big mug of English breakfast tea has me feeling good this morning~! How about everyone else? Need me to bring some in?

September 28, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  14. RichardHead

Present, I think. Where 'da coffee at?

September 28, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  15. TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning !! That's what my foot feels like .... Ooooohhhh

September 28, 2011 at 8:36 am |
  16. Truth

Good morning all!
    A sunny and warm day ahead in Denver, and I have one more hellacious day ahead before meeting he!! is over.

Be well all!

September 28, 2011 at 8:23 am |
  17. Jerv

Morning everyone. JJ, sorry to hear you are under the weather again. I'll check your blog during lunch. Grilled biscuits and grits, right up my alley, thank you IP. Well busy day ahead of me so y'all have a great day!

September 28, 2011 at 8:15 am |
  18. JainaJadefrombed

So whatever I had last week has come back with a vengeance so I am laid up in bed. I do have some Apple Cobbler that my boyfriend lovingly made last night so that I would have something to post for the IIParty. www(dot)dancingveggies(dot)com for all the yummy details

September 28, 2011 at 8:01 am |
    • MicheleG

A hug for the wan and peaked. Take care!

September 28, 2011 at 10:22 am |
  19. Imma Peeg

Pureed
    pork
    product ...
    ... it's what's for breakfast ! Along with coffee, eggs, grits & grilled biscuits.
    There's also tea & hot chocolate for those who indulge. Goooood morning!

September 28, 2011 at 7:25 am |