Coffee klatsch
July 25th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4tE7XRTUA?w=416]

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Truth

Well gang, I am out. Have a good evening, and will talk to y'all in the morning.

July 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  2. Mildred

*JBJ Borders all over are closing (again- my area already had one round of closings). I think their problem was that they didn't embrace the ebook like B&N or Amazon (and even B&N is struggling a bit against the powerhouse of Amazon and the wider range of services that they offer). If you can't keep up with new tech, you'll get buried.

July 25, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
    • JBJingles@Mildred

I was just on their website and they have e-books. I don't know much about those though, don't have a Kindle or an iPad (yet). When hubs and I lived in FL and had a 45 min commute, we started bringing audio books with us and loved that, even sitting in the driveway garage on the way home and not wanting to go inside as we were so engaged in listening to the "book". :)

July 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  3. AleeD

Check, check, checking out.

Have a great evening everyone!

July 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
  4. wendy

i think the joy of going to the bookstore, walking through the racks, and picking out your next adventure is lost on many people. nowadays, its all about the kindle and ipads. one of the best things about reading is cracking the spine on a new novel or smelling the pages of an old text. this same thing applies to libraries...

July 25, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
    • faith

I totally agree with you. I have no desire for a kindle, etc. I love books and computer screens tend to give me a headache after a while anyway.

July 25, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
  5. faith

We have a wonderful little bookstore in our town. I really try buy books there even though they may be a little more expensive. I would hate for them to go out of business.

July 25, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  6. faith

Late check in today, but Hello all! And congrats to JainaJade on the blender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Mare–did you get rain? We did. I'd be surprised if it missed you, since we are so close.

July 25, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  7. JBJingles

Back from lunch and passed by a Borders bookstore that is closing, makes me sad that these stores are closing but maybe there can be a come back for the mom and pop stores. However, I think I will have to go over there and see if I can pick up any new cookbooks on the cheap! :)

July 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
    • Truth@JBJ

I was in one yesterday, and so far, the markdowns are only 10% or so...But it was packed.

I concur about the Mom and Pops, but I think that business is going to be pretty much dominated by Amazon. If the nation's second biggest player goes down, I don't know that independents can ever leverage that same kind of scale. Sad though for all involved.

July 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
      • JBJingles@Truth

Agee on the indepents not being able to compete, I also think the rents are out of control by money hungry owners (mostly foreigners), which makes getting a desireable location or even decent local not so easy. I continually get amazed at all the businesses closing. Quite scary. OK, enough I'll step down from my soap box now.

Oh, and website says everything is marked down 40% now...

July 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
      • JBJingles@Truth

I guess I can't type this afternoon. *independents*

July 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • AleeD@JBJ & Truth

I'm a huge fan of Borders and have been for years. Was tickled pink when they opened up across the street from B&N. They had friendlier, happier, more helpful people than B&N. It was just a joy to go there, have a cup of coffee and leaf thru potential purchases. It's going to be sad to see them go.

July 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
      • Truth@JBJ, AleeD

We have Borders in both of the local malls and I really have to wonder who will take the spaces, or if they will just sit empty. In any event, not good news for those who need the work.

July 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  8. wendy

hello everyone! how's your monday going so far? i had a luncheon with a bunch of new hires...got to show them the ins and outs of our cafeteria...and got meself a 'green' mug for my efforts. shame to hear about Amy Winehouse...regardless of her problems, the girl had talent.

July 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
    • JBJingles@wendy

*waves* So far, so good! I think maybe Lindsay Lohan is waiting for two years so she can join the "74 Club"... I enjoyed Winehouses music, but she was a train wreck waiting to happen IMHO.

July 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
      • JBJingles@wendy

Should have been the 27 club, don't know why the keys typed 74 by themselves! LOL

July 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
      • wendy

i must admit i've been waiting for the Lindsay announcement ahead of most others... amazes me how these young talents throw it all away for a chemical high.

July 25, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  9. RichardHead

Just got WD back form the beauty shop and she looks Beautimus if I say so myself.

July 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
  10. Chicago Lady

testes, testes, 1, 2
    yup, two is the right amount of testes

July 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  11. RichardHead@AleeD

Oh Great weather person,what's the forecast for the next few days,please?

July 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • AleeD@RH

R U making a Plant City run? Here you go:

Tue: Hi 94; low 79; 30% chance of rain
      Wed: Hi 92; low 79; 40% chance of rain
      Thur: Hi 90; low 77; 60% chance of rain
      Fri: Hi 94; low 78; 30% chance of rain

July 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

Thank You..looks like I better pack WD's rain slicker.

July 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
      • AleeD@RH

Um, like the paid weather people, I made a mistake. It's a day off.

The important thing is Wed is supposed to be the rainy one.

Shoulda been this:
        Tue: Hi 92; low 79; 40% chance of rain
        Wed: Hi 90; low 77; 60% chance of rain
        Thur: Hi 92; low 78; 40% chance of rain
        Fri: Hi 94; low 78; 30% chance of rain

July 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

10-4 good buddy,we shall still hammer down.

July 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
      • AleeD@RH

When do you head out?

July 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
      • RichardHead

Midnight tonight. Bringing your fine state some Texas taters and white onions.

July 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
      • AleeD, Thread Dominatrix@RH

I'll warm up with my whip in case Pepito you find lying down on the job again.

WssssssssCRACK!

Speaking of crack, Amy Winehouse died. I'd like to make a crack about her death, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate here.

July 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

Oh go ahead...I wonder how old Lady Gaga is?. She can join the 27 club also.

July 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
      • Truth@AleeD, RichHead

You can also throw Katy Perry into that club.

Drive safely tonight...And get some sleep this afternoon so you don't get drowsy.

July 25, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

O.K. Dad if I have too. :)))

July 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
      • AleeD@RH & Truth

Now that she's dead, crack houses have cut back on their quotas because they don't have to keep up with her demand anymore.

I just wonder if the masses are going to make a martyr out of her the way they did Kurt Cobain. [grumbling] I certainly hope not. Would have been the next John Lennon my azz.

Richard, drive safe and thanks for the taters!

July 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth & AleeD

Thank You and your welcome. I am out folks so I will talk to you in the morning.

July 25, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
  12. JainaJade

So it's no longer hot as hades but it is HUMID! I went across the street to grab a coffee and sections of hair started to curl. QOE please tell me that it's cooler in Indy since I will be there in 9 days :-)

July 25, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
  13. The Witty One

Checking in and checking out!

July 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
    • RichardHead@TWO

Check and Check again.

July 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
      • The Witty One@RH

Check, check, mike check, 1 2 , 1 2, check check.

July 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
      • RichardHead@TWO

Czech,Czech, uno,dos.

July 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
      • The Witty One@RH & AleeD

I give up...you both win :)

July 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
      • AleeD@TWO & RH

Do we win some KitchenAid appliances, Monty?

July 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
      • RichardHead@TWO

That was TWO easy. :)

July 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
      • JainaJade@AleeD

I promise to take lots of pretty pictures of my new toy for my blog. Hoping it will arrive in time for labor day :-D Now I just need to win the matching blender :-D

July 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
      • AleeD, DJ ProTem

In honor of TWO's checks & RH's Czechs:

July 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm |
    • AleeD@TWO & RH

Got bankers? Blank check check ...

July 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  14. Mare

OK Klatchers – any suggestions on how long I should marinate thin center cut pork chops in teriyaki sauce for? I picked up the wrong thing at the store, and don't want to over marinate them. I usually do the thick ones for 4 or 5 hours, but I never buy thin.

Thanks

July 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm |
    • Porky Pig

Teach me to fly and I'll tell you.

July 25, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
      • Mare

Here Piggy Piggy... let me drop kick your azz, and then you'll be flying :)

July 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
    • Evil Grin

I'm not going to be much help, since I don't often marinate pork chops, but I've gotten a good marinade in 2 – 2 1/2 hours with thin meats. I'm not sure how they are, of course, but you could cut a small piece off one after an hour or two and see how it cooks up. If it doesn't taste right, keep them in there longer. Alternately, you could use less marinade and let them sit the full 4 hours.

Personally, I like to grill (or bake) pork chops with just a little seasoning or salt, then when they're done and fresh off the stove or out of the oven, if I'm in the mood for, say, BBQ sauce, I'll brush a little on right away. Uses less sauce and gives me the flavor I like.

But then, it's not a fully soaked through flavor, which is probably what you're looking for.

July 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  15. Seattleite

Congrats JBJ on the self control.
    Great news to hear about the heat wave breaking! Enjoy.

July 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
    • JBJingles@Seattleite

Thanks! It's hard to stay on this when the hubs is eating like he does, but I'm used to it. If I, or anyone else for that matter, ate like he did we would be 300+lbs.

July 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
  16. ___

___

July 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
    • V V

/ __\

July 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
      • The Witty One

I don't understand!!!!

July 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
  17. Seattleite

Good morning, all! Cloudy and thunderstorms today in the emerald city. perfect for a Monday morning at the bank

July 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm |
  18. RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

Hey,wayyyyy down here...How's Mom doing and how are you holding up?

July 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

She's doing great! Me...not so much. I just saw the incision on Saturday and burst out in tears! Took her to the doctor and he's thrilled with her progress so far. She's a strong lady! I give her a lot of credit. I'm not sure if I could be as positive if it were happening to me. As she says, this too in time will pass!

July 25, 2011 at 3:19 pm |
      • RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

She sounds like a strong and very fine Lady. Give her out best please.Now our standard response to you is Man UP,just don't break a nail. :)

July 25, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
    • AleeD@Ms. Grammar @ RH

FWIW, I went thru something similar with my hubby. He had squamous cell tonsil cancer, went thru chemo & radiation treatments and the dox felt they had to go the next step to remove his lymph nodes. That was major surgery. I was with him every step of the way and felt the same way you do about his post-op incision. )))hugs(((

Now today, many years later, he's as healthy as a horse and is (pardon the pun) heading up the local chapter of the Head & Neck Cancer Support Group.

I can't recommend strongly enough that you try to find a local support group in conjunction to your mom's situation. Give a meeting a shot. Even if she doesn't want to or feel like she needs to go, you CAN. Those meetings are meant to support everyone involved in these types of situations: family; friends; caregivers everyone involved. It will give you the chance to talk to other's who have been thru what you and your mom are going thru; to see that you aren't alone.

)))))))hugs to you and your mom(((((((

July 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
  19. Tazer

Morning!

July 25, 2011 at 11:55 am |
    • RichardHead@Tazer

Good Morning Warrior Princess... Over your Tiki pyromania yet?

July 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm |
    • MT Miner

Morning, and welcome back!

July 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm |
    • Tazer@Rich

HA! Nope not quite :-)

July 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
  20. Evil Grin

We had a brief but raging thunderstorm last night, and the air has cooled today. My grin has returned, if only temporarily.

Regardless, I like the suggestion of hot fudge sundaes, so the minions have brought in ice cream and supplies. Just please refrain from using DJ's Cold Stone counter when making your sundaes.

July 25, 2011 at 11:42 am |
    • RichardHead@EG

Smile Big!! :)

July 25, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
      • Evil Wide Grin

Is this better?

July 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm |
      • RichardHead@EG

Eggggggggggggselent !!

July 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  21. JBJingles

Good morning chummy chums! Quiet weekend at the casa for hubs and I, a trip to Sams Club and Olive Garden on Saturday, and that was it! Very proud of myself though, will power kicked in and I didn't go off diet even at OG! :)

Just to share the differences between hubs and I eating:

Me: Salad, Mixed Grill (steak & chicken) only at the steak, took the chicken home, no bread sticks, extra veggies, no potatoes.

Hubs: 1 bowl of Tuscan sausage soup, 1 bowl of pasta fasoul (sp?) soup, 2 bread sticks, salad, full dinner portion of spaghetti & meatballs!

I wish I had his metabolism!!

July 25, 2011 at 11:24 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

I wish I had some meatballs,I'm HUNGRY.

July 25, 2011 at 11:30 am |
      • JBJingles@RH

must....refrain...from....comment. Ha!

Oh and his breakfast consisted of 2-3 eggs fried in buttah, fried potatoes with onions/peppers, 2 slices of ham with white cheddar melted in between. Dinner was a 1/3 lb. burger with the works. He said breakfast was "light" because he skipped the toast. sheesh

July 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Naughty,Naughty-Hey,he's a growing man and needs to keep up his strength,unlike Odie and WD who waddle when they walk. :))

July 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm |
      • JBJingles@RH

Well, not sure if he's still growing...he's an old guy, but young at heart. LOL on Odie and WD doin the waddle! Yes, I can see this. Odie was an orphan we rescued from a dairy farm in WA when he was about 6 wks old and lived with the other animals including a dog. We swear he thinks he's a dog, follows us around the house, always wants to be petted, drinks toilet water, sits in water outside, etc.!

July 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
    • Mildred

Good for you!

Richard's right... meatballs sound like a good thing at the moment.

July 25, 2011 at 11:33 am |
    • Mare@JBJ

You did better than I. Went to a grad party this weekend. The only food there was not diet friendly. They had the usual chips, and then pizza. 2 hours later, the pig roast was ready, so it was pulled pork, salt potatoes, baked beans, slaw, and bread.

What ever happened to a veggie tray, or tossed salad!?

July 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
      • JBJingles@Mare

Dang that roasted pig sounds great...oh great, now I'm off to sit in the corner and try to think of the wonerful white fish and spinach I'll have for lunch...

July 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
  22. Sir Biddle

Morning crew

July 25, 2011 at 11:15 am |
    • RichardHead@SirB

Morning Bro–How was the weekend?

July 25, 2011 at 11:29 am |
    • Sir Biddle@RH

Weekend was awful as I either picked up something from Lil Biddle's daycare or I am a disease vector for the airlines. That or my ulcer is coming back. I may head home early today.

July 25, 2011 at 11:36 am |
      • Truth@Biddle, RichHead

None of those scenarios sound particularly appealing. Hopefully it is something minor.
        Having a hard time getting motivated today. Slept worth $@^% last night, which does not help.

July 25, 2011 at 11:43 am |
      • RichardHead@SirB

Sorry to hear that. You may take the rest of the day off as no one else in DC seems to be working anyway.:))

July 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  23. Kayla@Lulu

Thank you!!! I know I'll get them, and I guess I knew from the start but GEESH! You think God would make it a little easier on woman to have children you know? Lol. I'm really about my image and this just kinda sucks. :D But my little angel is worth everything imperfection I have. Plus I've heard of this new cream called Celltrixa ( I think but not sure) and it is supposed to dramactically erase marks.

July 25, 2011 at 10:05 am |
    • Mare@Kayla

Wear those stretch marks with pride!!! It shows that you have a beautiful child who you brought into this world. They are a badge of honor.

July 25, 2011 at 10:07 am |
  24. Kayla@WD

Terrible advice ;)

July 25, 2011 at 10:02 am |
  25. Kayla@AleeD

I've been cocoa buttering and Bio-Oiling since I was 15 weeks. Every day and still got them. I have terrible skin like my mom, I really hope it donest end up looking like I was attacked by a cougar after I have my babe... I'll be sad. I was always the one wearing cute little bikinis and now I wont want too :( UGHHH

July 25, 2011 at 9:50 am |
    • Lulu@Kayla

Hi Kayla! Congrats on your impending bundle of joy!

I think stretch marks are hereditary, unfortunately. They run in my family, and I got them too. But I also had two 10 lb boys, so I think they were inevitable for me anyway!

July 25, 2011 at 9:57 am |
    • WD@Kayla

I just let my hair grow long,it covers them all.:))

July 25, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  26. Mare

Dear Rain god,

What do I have to do to make it rain here in Marion NY? You allow it to rain all around us, but for some reason, someone put up a bubble, and none of your wonderful rain can get through.

Please advise. Thank you.

July 25, 2011 at 9:44 am |
  27. MT Miner

Morning all. Fishing was a huge success this weekend, smoked trout for all.

July 25, 2011 at 9:42 am |
    • Mildred

Oh that sounds wonderful.

July 25, 2011 at 10:05 am |
  28. MicheleG

Howdy Ho everyone! Hope somebody took the "Beat The Heat" Chumarino Cruise I posted on the Chum blog! Alaska or Belize! Norwegian or Windjammer.

Strawberry stuffed blintzes on the counter and chocolate coffee. (Love the header photo for today's Klatch!)

July 25, 2011 at 9:39 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

Me too. I love my french press.

July 25, 2011 at 11:37 am |
  29. Queen of Everything from the Castle

Morning all! Cinnamon-vanilla pancakes for breakfast this morning, dig in! Anyone else having issues with Yahoo this morning? Everytime I go to the website, my computer locks up. :(

July 25, 2011 at 9:30 am |
    • AleeD@QOE

Good Morning. That's from RH's shiny hiney casting a glare and blinding your PC.

July 25, 2011 at 9:33 am |
    • MT Miner

No Yahoo issues here, albeit it is a touch slow.

July 25, 2011 at 9:41 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Try this....Clear the History file, then clear the cache, and reboot the machine.

July 25, 2011 at 11:32 am |
  30. Kayla@All

Is anyone else feeling the moody mondays?? Ugh... maybe its my horomones. And on top of that I found a suprise on my tummy this monring... my first stretch marks at 29 weeks today...AHHHHHH!

July 25, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • AleeD@Kayla

I've heard cocoa butter works wonders on soon-to-be mommie bellies.
      Maybe some of the mommies here can offer some first-hand advice.

July 25, 2011 at 9:36 am |
  31. Mildred

@Mare- thanks. *sniffle* *sips lemon and honey tisane*

July 25, 2011 at 9:25 am |
    • AleeD@Mildred

Have you tried Zicam?

July 25, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

Had what I thought was a summer cold last month. After the second week, I took a Claritan (not Claritan D) and everything cleared up. After 56 years, funny to find out I have allergies.

July 25, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  32. Kayla@All

Where the he!! is my chocolate chip muffin? Dont tease this pregnant girl...

July 25, 2011 at 9:19 am |
    • AleeD@Kayla

Not teasing the pregnant girl ... there right there on the counter when you talk in.

Homey don't play with hormones!

July 25, 2011 at 9:23 am |
      • AleeD

*they're right there*

July 25, 2011 at 9:24 am |
      • AleeD

*walk in*

Sheesh. I'm going for a second cuppa joe and wait for my fingers to wake up.

July 25, 2011 at 9:26 am |
    • RichardHead@Kayla

The Queen ate them all. Hold on,I think we can whip up some more.:))

July 25, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  33. RichardHead

Excuse me,Pardon me, I need to open this window....HEY JERV,,WAKE UP!!!

July 25, 2011 at 9:02 am |
  34. Mare

Good morning all. 80% chance of rain! I'm so happy!!!!!

July 25, 2011 at 8:48 am |
  35. RichardHead

Good Morning All. I have to take WD'S shiney Hiney to the beauty shop this morning so I'll just grab a quick cup..How was the weekend? I keep hearing a fog horn.

July 25, 2011 at 8:27 am |
    • Mare@RH

How's the water situation? Did they get it fixed yet?

July 25, 2011 at 8:48 am |
      • RichardHead

Yes M'am. It was around midnight but we have a shiney new pipe in the ground and WD and I can now go 4 wheeling on the hill they left near our street. Yay!!

July 25, 2011 at 8:53 am |
      • Mare@RH

YEAY!!!!!! Water and 4 wheeling – what can be more fun?

July 25, 2011 at 9:11 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

Mom's WD (Bebe) got pimped out on Sunday at the Petsmart. Smart dog just sent flowers to Mom this morning.

July 25, 2011 at 11:32 am |
      • WD@Ms.Grammar

In my high pitched voice–"Nasty".:)))

July 25, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  36. Mildred

Good morning wishes all.

Damn it, I think I have a summer cold. Time for more mint tea.

Truth- Heat broke here (Albany, NY), finally! Yay!!!

July 25, 2011 at 8:18 am |
    • Mare@Mildred

I'm sorry you're sick. At least the heat wave has broken. We'll through tissue and food over the quarantine wall for you. :)

July 25, 2011 at 9:13 am |
  37. Truth

Good morning all...How was the weekend?

Ours was nice. Hope some cooler weather is on tap for most of us.

July 25, 2011 at 8:06 am |
    • Mare@Truth

It's supposed to rain today!!! I'm happy! First time in close to 6 weeks I think

July 25, 2011 at 9:14 am |
      • Truth@Mare

Nice! I like summer, but can do without the extremes on either end of the spectrum.

July 25, 2011 at 9:16 am |
      • Mare@Truth

I agree with you on that. It's been an odd year. Bad winter, super wet spring (had some really bad flooding) and so far no rain this summer.

I JUST HEARD THUNDER!!!!! YEAH!!!! Doing the happy dance!
        Sorry, rain excites me right now! Sad, but true LOL

July 25, 2011 at 9:25 am |
      • AleeD@Mare & Truth

Mind if I join you for happy dancing on the rolling stone? Our dry season earlier this year was a nasty one. The first good rain we had had all of us in the office line up by the window, just watching it rain. There's something very nourishing to the soul when it rains like that.

July 25, 2011 at 9:31 am |
  38. JainaJade

Good morning all! By some miracle i actually won a blog contest so a gorgeous Pink KitchenAide Blender is headed my way :-D I see smoothies and adult milkshakes in the future!

July 25, 2011 at 7:58 am |
    • AleeD@JJ

Holy Frijoles, Batman! That's no small prize! congrats!
      Please forgive my ignorance, but what's a blog contest?
      What're you're gonna make first? I got dibs on the first Mudslide!

July 25, 2011 at 8:09 am |
      • JainaJade@AleeD

there are a few different types: 1) leave a comment answering a question 2) post a recipe based on a certain theme 3) review a product on facebook/twitter 4) all of the above. For this one I had to leave a comment and also post my favorite pink recipe on a separate site. I posted my Berry Basil Muffins for this one and left a comment explaining what happened to my last blender.

July 25, 2011 at 8:42 am |
    • Mildred

Congrats! KitchenAides are awesome (I have a mixer and a food processor... blender is next on the list and then I can get rid of the two older ones we have).

July 25, 2011 at 8:12 am |
    • AleeD@Mildred

This past May, my niece graduated from UF. She recently landed her first career position and has (dun-dun-daaaa) moved out of her folk's (my sister & b-i-l) house. Since she started college, she loaded up her wish lists with Fiestaware (all different colors) and KitchenAid appliances. We got her the mixer as a grad present and some Fiestaware for previous birthdays & Christmas. I can't wait to keep the fun rolling this year.

July 25, 2011 at 8:46 am |
      • Mildred

That's one smart young woman!

July 25, 2011 at 9:24 am |
      • AleeD@Mildred

Yes she is. And loving and caring and I could sing her praises all day. Love that girl like she was my own.

July 25, 2011 at 9:28 am |
    • Mare@JJ

Congratulations! That'a a nice prize

July 25, 2011 at 9:14 am |
    • MicheleG

GOOD for you! (((Hugs!)))

July 25, 2011 at 9:35 am |
  39. AleeD

Goooooooooood Morning and Happy Monday! Coffee's on and there are double chocolate chip muffins for everyone!

Motto of the day: Watch for Shiny Hineys!

July 25, 2011 at 7:18 am |