Coffee klatsch
February 23rd, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Consider the daily Coffee klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic.

Seriously, I can't stop thinking about ramen noodles. Not fancy ones - cheap, college student fuel. When is the last time you had some?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

Next entry »
« Previous entry
  1. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Tazer

Everything is going very well, thanks for asking. How's everything with you my good sir?

February 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
  2. Truth

Bun Xaio for lunch here...basically a pseudo-omelette with shrimp and sprouts.

February 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
  3. JBJingles

Oh and have I mentioned lately that I OFFICIALLY hate dental visits! Another visit today for 2nd half of root scaling and a couple of filings...oh joy.

February 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  4. JBJingles

Morning all! I'm with many of you with the ramen, mac n cheese, hamburger helper. I was a single mom of 3 and times were tuff, so we lived on this stuff for years and now I can't stand it! Hubs thinks HH is gourmet stuff and can't figure out why I won't touch it. :)

February 23, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  5. Tazer

Morning!

February 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
  6. SeaBee

Better to make it to the party late, than never! Mornin' All!

February 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
  7. Tazer@Sirius

Howzit going buddy! I haven't "seen" you in ages!

And yes, tacos are delicious.

February 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
  8. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Tazer

Hmm Yummy Tacos, especially tuesday. I love taco tuesdays. ^_^

February 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
    • Graceful

Our dining hall had Taco Tuesdays for lunch in college. One day my roomies and I went to lunch and there were no tacos. Everyone had a WTF moment. People were pissed that there were no tacos, it was the one thing they actually made well. So many people threw b!tch fits that they never missed it again

February 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
    • JainaJade@Sirius

I am actually doing Tacos tonight :-) made the pico de gallo this morning so it would have time to soak in the yummy juices. Going to do corn salsa ala Chipotle once I get home tonight...and now I am hungry!!!

February 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
  9. AleeD@All

Blackened Chicken guacamole wrap w/lettuce & tom-ah-to for lunch today. Any takers? It's yummy!

February 23, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  10. Tazer

Good morning everyone! I brought chicken enchiladas to work today for the crew. Yum!

February 23, 2011 at 11:46 am |
    • Snowbunny

mmm that sounds yummy!!

February 23, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
  11. Evil Grimace

Getting closer to cheering up after reading one of the paid links, the Angriest Sandwich.

(http://www.good.is/post/feast-your-eyes-the-angriest-sandwich-ever/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=outbrain)

The story was ok, but this picture is major win. My favorite part is that if you look closely, you can see that he cut ear holes into the bread. How very clever of you, protester with the makings of a sandwich taped to your head.

February 23, 2011 at 11:26 am |
    • wendy

the picture truly is worthy of a few chortles... :)

February 23, 2011 at 11:32 am |
  12. Snowbunny

Hey, Hey, Hey! Happy mid week everybody.. :) How goes it???

February 23, 2011 at 11:05 am |
    • Tazer@Snowbunny

Hi! Midweek is going good, although I keep thinking it's Taco Tuesday for some reason.

February 23, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  13. AleeD@Grimace

Why are you having such a horrible day? World Domination plan take a turn for the worse?

February 23, 2011 at 11:00 am |
    • Evil Grimace

All I can say is that there is a reason why the writhing mass of repugnance that calls itself the human race needs an evil overlord to keep them in line.

February 23, 2011 at 11:06 am |
    • AleeD@Evil Grimace

There are times when you're domination could be invaluable. I hope your day continues to climb upward.

February 23, 2011 at 11:49 am |
    • AleeD

Ugh! "your" domination. [I bloody well know better!]

February 23, 2011 at 11:50 am |
  14. Cookie Monster

C is for cookie. That good enough for me.

February 23, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

That's what I'm talkin' about.

February 23, 2011 at 11:30 am |
  15. Evil Grimace

No good, very bad, terrible horrible day so far here. Although brightened a little by the Firefly internet fervor. For what it's worth, when I have conquered the world, Firefly will be restored for all to enjoy. And enjoy it they will. Or else.

And Kat, Ramen? You just brightened my evil day a little more. It's practically a staple of mine. I regret that I ate my last bit two days ago and have not had a chance to get back to the store for more yet. Of course, I tend to dress mine up, but at its heart, it is still a humble package of dried noodles and powdered flavoring.

February 23, 2011 at 10:54 am |
    • Truth@EGrimace

Some days are like that Brother...Even in Australia...

February 23, 2011 at 11:00 am |
      • Evil Grimace

I feel ya, mate.

February 23, 2011 at 11:07 am |
  16. wendy

alrighty, here's my catch-up post...

– i like ramen, but i've got to cook the noodles al dente. i'm not big on the mushy stuff. @truth – congratulations to you and your bride! these days it takes lots and lots of patience to go through the process. i remember a kid in high school that spent his hs career applying for citizenship.. they sure dont make it easy for those that wish to go the 'legal' route... @all – does a loose weimaraner count for lost animals? my dog got out of my back yard last nite by climbing a 6 foot cement retaining wall...WTH?!?! can you say Houdini?? i was so fascinated by her attempt at climbing the wall that when i caught her red handed i wanted to see how she'd do it.. she literally scratched and clawed and SCALED the frakkin wall!!! like gravity didnt exist!! then i had to go chase her down the block...

February 23, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Jerv@wendy

Counts and hilarious!

February 23, 2011 at 10:53 am |
    • AleeD@wendy

After hearing that my 82 year old, alzheimer's-inflicted father-in-law scaled a 6-foot high security fence to get out of the nursing home yard he was living in, NOTHING escapees do surprises me anymore.

I hope your pup came back unscathed.

February 23, 2011 at 10:55 am |
      • wendy

ohmygosh!! them old fogies are pretty spry when need be!! :) yep, she came home after i cornered her at a house up the street. she likes to go visit her 'friends'.

February 23, 2011 at 11:13 am |
  17. AleeD@Duh

Oh Crap! Posted this on the wrong blog ........ but I'll bet y'all have some helpy info, dontcha?

February 23, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  18. AleeD

What site has an authentic Hurricane recipe?

February 23, 2011 at 10:39 am |
  19. Jdizzle McHammerpants

We grew up pretty broke. My dad was a single father of 3, though my sisters were at their mom's half the time. Lived in a trailer for a while. Not the run down ghetto type living, but a trailer home nonetheless. Ramen Noodle soup with peas was a staple after church on Sundays. I can't stand Top Ramen to this day, but Cup'o'Noodles is good for some reason, especially the spicy ones.

February 23, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • Truth@JDizz

I grew up the same way. Hamburger Helper was our thing along with Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Hate that stuff to this day.

February 23, 2011 at 10:35 am |
    • wendy

cup o noodles are the best! so easy to make and eat while out hunting...all you need is hot water and a chunk of cheese and you've got a meal! :)

February 23, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • AleeD@Truth

We grew up on HH & the blue box stuff, too. A couple of years ago, I was feeling nostalgic and whipped up some HH just for the halibut (wasn't Tuna Helper), and ....... ew ..... nasty. Won't do that again.

Once Mom introduced us to her from-scratch mac & cheese, I couldn't look forward to the blue box anymore. Her's was so thick, you could've used it for wallpaper paste. And flavor? Ooo Baby yeah!

February 23, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Jerv

Yup same here. 5 starving Navy brats. To this day I can't stand Bisquick biscuits and tuna Hamburger Helper.

February 23, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Chicago Lady

Me too. Tuna mac n cheese w/peas weekly. Food stamps & government cheese.

February 23, 2011 at 10:56 am |
      • wendy

one of my fave cold weather meals is mac n cheese with tuna and peas!! YUM!!

February 23, 2011 at 11:34 am |
  20. JainaJade

I think I've had ramen once and it was just not my thing. I'm not sure what about it turned me off, be it the salt content or the mushiness of the noodles something about it was just no go.

February 23, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  21. Jerv

"4. Marijuana gets a cookbook.

With the growing legalization of marijuana in various states—the count is now up to 17 —The High Times Cannabis cookbook, to be published by Chronicle Books, will offer recipes that go beyond the tried-and-true brownie."

I bet Jdizz has already preordered.

February 23, 2011 at 10:10 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

$5.00 gets it to you three days before official release.

February 23, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  22. Chicago Lady

Good Morning All! Congrats Truth & best wishes! I was wondering how many languages you all speak. My HS forced 2 years minumum so I took German. Not sure why. You? Oh, and we have a new "Da Mayor". I guess $ can buy a lot of votes.

February 23, 2011 at 10:10 am |
    • Guinn@CL

I took two years of Spanish and two years of Latin in high school and four semesters of French in college. Right now, I can speak broken bits of each, but am going to brush up on my French in case hubby does go through with the plan to spend our 10 year anniversary in France!

February 23, 2011 at 10:15 am |
    • Jerv

2 years of german here.

February 23, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • MT Miner

2 years of german here as well. And I don't remember anything, that was a longggg time ago, and never used it after.

February 23, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • AleeD@CL

I worked for a German-owned company for 9 years and they were smart enough to offer some classes in German-lite for us ignorant Americans. ;) It was fun!

February 23, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • JainaJade@Chigago Lady

I'm the slacker in my family. I can read Latin (and with that a lil bit of the other Romance Languages) and I can kind of sort of understand Spanish (3yrs in HS) and on a good day I can follow along in German (2yrs in college). My one sister is fluent in 4 languages (English, Spanish, German, and French) and is in the process of learning Korean and has also taken courses in Russian. I lost count of how many languages my father speaks but this should be close: English, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Hungarian, Russian, and Farsi. He can also read Greek and Latin, and can follow along in French.

February 23, 2011 at 10:25 am |
      • Chicago Lady

Wow. That's impressive!

February 23, 2011 at 10:53 am |
    • Truth@Chi-town lady

Many thanks and back at you. What do you think of your new mayor???

Five years of French here, along with three years of Spanish and a year and a half of Italian. A smattering of Vietnamese, a couple of phrases in Korean and am warming up to some Japanese since we plan to visit next year.

February 23, 2011 at 10:34 am |
      • Chicago Lady

I live in the burbs but think Rahm is reputed to be tough & he will cause changes for the good. Not sure how many people will be crushed in his efforts to clean up the city. I worry daily about school kids getting shot so it's my hope he can turn that around.

February 23, 2011 at 10:55 am |
      • AleeD@CL

Did HE invent our noodles-of-the-day?

Rahm-en

February 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
      • Truth@AleeD

Very punny!

Oh, and another great movie line:
        "People will say we're in love." – Hannibal Lechter to Clarice in "The Silence of the Lambs"

February 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  23. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ RH

Take it easy bud and enjoy the rest of your day. I love that song btw.

February 23, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  24. RichardHead@ALL

Finally-Well friends all is right in the universe and I'm ready to roll. Que the "ON the road again" music. Have a Great Day everyone as WD and I are headed to the Hacienda!

February 23, 2011 at 10:07 am |
    • Jerv@RicH

Later on!

February 23, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  25. Guinn

On the subject of Ramen...never cared for the ramen packets, though I do love salty food... My dad used to eat a packet every day for lunch. He would come home, my mom would have them ready. He loved them. When my mom went back to work, my sister and I would take turns making the ramen. One time, I set the stove on fire while boiling the water for the noodles. We never figured out how, and the burner still worked after (probably food on the burner) but I wasn't allowed to cook for years after!

February 23, 2011 at 10:04 am |
  26. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Faith

Good morning. ;) Ramen noodles and Convenient stores were my life savers back during me college days. ^_^

February 23, 2011 at 10:02 am |
  27. faith

Good morning all! I just had ramen noodles last week! They are very much a comfort food for me. When I was a kid, my sisters and I referred to them as "noodly noodly soup". I like to add green beans nowadays when I eat them and I can't use the whole seasoning packet. Too salty for me.

February 23, 2011 at 9:54 am |
    • AleeD@Faith

That was the reason I would only use half. I think the only one I used the entire flavor packet with was the spicy one.

February 23, 2011 at 10:00 am |
  28. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Truth

In agreement sir after all most americans don't adhere to the laws, society or the system that is supossed to be there for their benefit. @_@

February 23, 2011 at 9:50 am |
  29. AleeD@Truth@WOD

Would #2 equate to responding to a troll in a blog?

February 23, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • Truth@AleeD

Definitely!
      Makes me wonder when we will hear from our old friend vapor...

February 23, 2011 at 9:51 am |
  30. Truth@WOD

Dedicated to my bride:
    nat·u·ral·ize   /ˈnætʃərəˌlaɪz, ˈnætʃrə-/ Show Spelled
    [nach-er-uh-lahyz, nach-ruh-] Show IPA
    verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to confer upon (an alien) the rights and privileges of a citizen.
    2. to introduce (organisms) into a region and cause them to flourish as if native.
    3. to introduce or adopt (foreign practices, words, etc.) into a country or into general use: to naturalize a french phrase.
    4. to bring into conformity with nature.
    5. to regard or explain as natural rather than supernatural: to naturalize miracles.
    6. to adapt or accustom to a place or to new surroundings.
    –verb (used without object)
    7. to become naturalized.
    8. to adapt as if native to a new environment, set of circumstances, etc.
    9. to study or carry on research in natural history.
    Use naturalized in a Sentence
    See images of naturalized
    Search naturalized on the Web
    Also, especially British , nat·u·ral·ise .

--------------------------–

Origin:
    1585–95; natural + -ize

—Related forms
    nat·u·ral·i·za·tion, noun
    nat·u·ral·iz·er, noun
    un·nat·u·ral·ize, verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing. Dictionary.com Unabridged
    Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.

February 23, 2011 at 9:38 am |
    • Jerv@Truth

That's a tough one for me.

February 23, 2011 at 10:14 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Alaska

Alaska was a region of the North American continent that was one of the states making up the United States of America. It was the only state in America that bordered directly against the International Date Line.

In 1893, a young Jack London told Samuel Clemens of his dream to go to Alaska and was encouraged by Clemens, who mentioned the Klondike and aurora borealis as some of Alaska's features. (TNG: "Time's Arrow, Part II")

A 20th century-era map of the northern Pacific Ocean region was stored in the USS Enterprise library computer in 2254. The map depicted the east coast of Asia's USSR nation and Alaska on the west coast of North America. It was among the materials viewed by the Talosians when they scanned the Enterprise computer. (TOS: "The Cage")

In 2286, a Starfleet base was located in Juneau, Alaska. It was among the cities on Earth that reported its cloud cover status when the Whale Probe attacked Earth. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker was born in Alaska in 2335. The first part of Riker and Deanna Troi's wedding was held in Alaska in 2379. (TNG: "The Icarus Factor", "Conundrum"; Star Trek Nemesis)

February 23, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  31. AleeD@Truth

Congratulations to you & Miss Saigon! Or is she now Miss America?

February 23, 2011 at 9:33 am |
    • Truth@AleeD

Perhaps Miss Saigon-America...She will enjoy that.

February 23, 2011 at 9:36 am |
  32. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Truth

I have been well good sir, Albeit insane because I'm still going through the legalization ordeal for my aunt and cousins who just recently came over from Guatemala. >_>

February 23, 2011 at 9:21 am |
    • Truth@Sirius

My respect to you for doing this the legal way...We have a lot of emotion in CO right now as the legislature is considering some Arizona-type laws...

All said, I have developed some strong views on immigration which can be summed up by No Amnesty, but we definitely need to streamline the process. Last night was the summation of over four years of effort and more money than I care to mention. YOu cannot expect would-be immigrants to adhere to a system that is so cumbersome.

February 23, 2011 at 9:35 am |
  33. MT Miner

Morning all. As far as the Ramen goes, I actually have a case of it in my office from Costco, not alot of food options up here on the side of the mountain when you get stuck working late, its not much, but it beats being hungry, and i think the shelf life is like 50 years......

February 23, 2011 at 9:17 am |
    • AleeD

They'll only last if you keep the flavor packet away from humidity (definitely an issue in central Florida). I've had a couple where the flavor packet had a pin-holes in them and were inadvertently exposed to moisture. Those thangs get like boullion under the right conditions.

February 23, 2011 at 9:47 am |
  34. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Guinn

Well good to read that your enjoyin the new job and wow that sure sounds like fun. >_>

February 23, 2011 at 9:10 am |
  35. DJChilllyPhil

Good morning everyone! Orange juice and ham/cheese croissant sandwich is an excellent combo.

Cheap college student fuel! WHOO! Now I want some...

February 23, 2011 at 9:09 am |
  36. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Guinn

Fantastic thanks for askin, how's life been treatin ya? I hope all has been well with you. ^_^ How'd the little ones get loose?

February 23, 2011 at 8:58 am |
    • Guinn@sirius

Glad to hear it! Things have been good here, as long as we aren't talking work wise! My new job is wonderful, but a tad more stressful than I expected! The pigs in my scenario are hundreds of pieces of paper that I need to track and file daily, and I am running out of cabinets...

February 23, 2011 at 9:01 am |
  37. Sirius (Not the station but constellation) @ Truth

Congrats Truth ^_^

February 23, 2011 at 8:56 am |
    • Truth@Sirius

Ty, Ty...How have you been?

February 23, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  38. RichardHead@Jerv

Hey Lil' Buddy-I thought you had my back? Just kidding-What's up this morning?

February 23, 2011 at 8:52 am |
    • Jerv@RicH

You can take Kweenie, and besides the last Hit it game was in fact a tie. Not much here. I'm actually going to have to earn my keep today.
      My pop always had problems with dock loaders especially the unionized ones.

February 23, 2011 at 9:01 am |
  39. Sirius (Not the station but constellation)

Good morning everybody, how are ya'll doing on this rather fine morning?

February 23, 2011 at 8:52 am |
  40. Guinn

Morning all! The pigs have gotten loose at the farm the last couple of days, so no time to catch up. How's everyone been?

February 23, 2011 at 8:52 am |
    • Queen of Everything@Guinn

I had a high school history teacher who had cows. At least twice a month he would have to leave class because one of his neighbors would call and say the cows had gotten loose and were blocking the highway. After he'd leave, we'd shut the classroom door and play baseball with the Pound Puppies he used to erase the chalkboard.

February 23, 2011 at 9:02 am |
      • Guinn@QOE

Gotta love growing up in the midwest! I once was asked on a date to go cow tipping..Ah memories!I always loved when the teacher would leave the room. Spanish was a riot b/c the jocks would steal our teacher's puppets and put on lewd shows with in broken Spanish...I guess when you are 14 anything's funny!

February 23, 2011 at 9:55 am |
  41. Sir Biddle

You morning humor distraction (not going to get Rick Rolled, don't worry)

February 23, 2011 at 8:30 am |
    • Sir Biddle

OK Folks, you have to cut-n-paste from the http to the last w but before the =640. For whatever reason there is added junk in the link once its posts on here.

February 23, 2011 at 8:32 am |
    • Queen of Everything

If I was on Facebook then "honey badger don't give a s-t" would be my status.

February 23, 2011 at 8:36 am |
    • MicheleG

Does the Honey Badger give a sh&^%$t that its "dining" habits made me loose my appetite....? "Nasty!" Yucky but plucky.

February 23, 2011 at 8:37 am |
    • Jerv

"Look at that sleepy fuk" LMAO!

February 23, 2011 at 8:43 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Thought you guys would like that one. Got it over the weekend and I am still laughing at it. He does a whole bunch of different narrations as well, but I think this one is the funniest.

February 23, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  42. JainaJade

Good morning all! I have some Hot Chocolate and Risotta Bread Toast for everyone.
    In theory the weather is going to start warming up again, but I guess only Mother Nature knows what the actual case will be.

February 23, 2011 at 8:27 am |
  43. Truth

Good morning all!
    Banner day here in the MHC...As most of you know, my bride is a foreign national. Yesterday, we learned that her status has been finalized and she is now a permanant resident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No further action, interviews or documentation needed!!!!!!!!!!

February 23, 2011 at 8:26 am |
    • Jerv@Truth

Congrats to you and your bride!

February 23, 2011 at 8:28 am |
    • Sir Biddle@Truth

Congrats Truth, great news!

February 23, 2011 at 8:28 am |
    • MicheleG

Permanent Resident or Citizen?

February 23, 2011 at 8:29 am |
      • Truth@MicheleG

Legal Permanent Resident. She can't vote, but let's face it, not many worth voting for these days anyway...:)

February 23, 2011 at 8:42 am |
    • Queen of Everything@Truth

Yay!!! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Although I do have to say I miss being able to hold the threat of deportation over hubs' head. Not that it worked particularly well anyway.

February 23, 2011 at 8:30 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

That is GREAT news My Brother. Guess my little talk with Janet NincomPOOP helped out! :)

February 23, 2011 at 8:32 am |
    • MT Miner

Great news, congrats!

February 23, 2011 at 8:47 am |
    • President Obozo@Truth

My heartfelt Congratulations to your Bride! {whispers}have her hide her birth certificate like I did and can assure you that she will be able to vote soon. Again Congratulations to our newest Citizen.

February 23, 2011 at 9:33 am |
    • Panda1895@Truth

Congrats!

February 23, 2011 at 10:39 am |
    • Evil Grimace

Way to go, Truth! That's a hard process. Are you going to have American flag cake to celebrate? (That's what happened at my office a few years ago, when one of the workers had their citizenship finalized. And again a few months later with another.)

February 23, 2011 at 10:58 am |
    • Snowbunny@Truth

YAY!!! :)

February 23, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  44. RichardHead

Ayyyyyyyyyy Carumba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get me outta here! Good Morning everyone. Coffee please. Is it a mexican holiday? Haven't seen one guy on the dock all morning and Big Blue is ready to roll.

February 23, 2011 at 8:23 am |
    • Snowbunny@RH

Did someone stink up the restroom on the airplane? That's what Richard said on "Tommy Boy!"

February 23, 2011 at 11:07 am |
  45. Sir Biddle

Morning crew!

February 23, 2011 at 8:19 am |
    • RichardHead@SirB

Morning Bro! Where ya been?

February 23, 2011 at 8:24 am |
    • Sir Biddle@RH

Work has had me hostage for the past week. We're either killing dead things or its a one-legged ass kicking contest. Have I missed anything substantial, how goes it?

February 23, 2011 at 8:27 am |
      • RichardHead@SirB

Let's see, Kats Pup had surgery and is doing fine,YOU missed National Cherry Pie Day yesterday-I cannot forgive you for that-and Jdizz thinks I have a husband-must have been some good shite he was smokin'. Waiting to get the hell outta Plant City!!!!!!!

February 23, 2011 at 8:35 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

Wait, you don't have a husband? Guess I should probably send back the matching pajamas I bought for your birthday then.

February 23, 2011 at 8:38 am |
      • Jerv@RicH and SirB

And don't forget that Jdizz has a midget porn collection.

February 23, 2011 at 8:45 am |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Let's see-Blonde,and from Indiana-I believe he was referring to YOU!!!!!! Anyway you can have the jammies sent to the TTA- Transvestite Truckers ASSociation. They have NO fashion sense and would like your choices. Sayyyyy,Are my Jammies tooooooo Gay?

February 23, 2011 at 8:45 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

There's a Tranvestite Truckers Association? What's their address? I need to get rid of some shoes so that I can buy a few more.

February 23, 2011 at 8:49 am |
      • Sir Biddle@RH

Missed Cherry Pie Day?!?!?! Damn! In belated honor I will send you Cherry Potter and Friends Vol. 1-5. Jerv should know who that is.

February 23, 2011 at 8:57 am |
      • Jerv@SirB

Sacriledge! How dare Cherry Potter try to align herself with Harry Potter! (Too funny!)

February 23, 2011 at 9:06 am |
      • RichardHead@SirB

Thank You kind Sir and I know who Cherry is> HA!

February 23, 2011 at 9:07 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Jerv

Sacriledge!?!?!?! I'm starting to think you may enjoy something along the lines of Brian and his Backdoor Bandits (not there is anything wrong with that)

February 23, 2011 at 9:18 am |
      • Jerv@SirB

Nope, not tossin' any salad in Richmond. But a Harry Potter fan none the less.

February 23, 2011 at 9:25 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Jerv

I guess I am just more biased towards Cherry than Harry.

February 23, 2011 at 9:32 am |
      • Cherry Potter@Jerv

Tossin' My Salad-Isn't there an App for that?

February 23, 2011 at 9:42 am |
      • Jerv@Cherry Potter

LOL! Dunno, but if you find one be sure and put it in one of your award winning films.

February 23, 2011 at 10:01 am |
  46. Mildred

Morning all- about to go get eggs and tea for breakfast.

There's an excellent Asian Supermarket (that's what they named it) in my city. The ramen selection takes up part of the back wall... I need to try some of the different varieties. And that's not the plain noodles for make-your-own ramen.

February 23, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  47. PBlover

Ramen noodles - yum! I like to jazz them up by stirring in a little bottled kimchi, or some spinach or slaw mix with soy sauce, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds, or whisk in an egg for egg drop ramen noodle soup - the possibilities are endless. And I love that perennial potluck favorite, the ramen noodle salad. I do agree that only half the seasoning packet is needed for the soup. Guess I know what I'm having for lunch today!

February 23, 2011 at 7:36 am |
    • Jerv

Are you Anita?

February 23, 2011 at 8:17 am |
      • PBlover

No, I only comment here occasionally, but I couldn't resist the ramen noodles!

February 23, 2011 at 8:35 am |
      • Jerv

Glad you stopped by.

February 23, 2011 at 8:48 am |
  48. Queen of Everything

Good morning! I've never been able to stomach the ramen seasoning packets but I do remember many a meal of ramen spaghetti in college. Boil your ramen noodles in the microwave, add your spaghetti sauce (or kethup and oregano if you were really desperate) and Voila! Ramen spaghetti...so glad I don't have to eat that anymore.

February 23, 2011 at 7:31 am |
    • Jerv@Kweeny and AleeD

For me it was ramen noodles, the whole seasoning packet with corn and parmesan cheese. I still eat that today, on occasion.

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 23, 2011 at 7:52 am |
  49. AleeD

Last time I had ramen noodles was just a couple of years ago. Things were looking pretty grim at work, so we were tightening our belts. Thank God it all worked out well. I gathered up all my fave flavors and did with them what I used to do when I was single & pinching every penny:

Boil 'em up
    toss 'em with half the season packet
    (save the rest for something else)
    stir in some diced turkey ham & parmesan cheese

.... and that's a meal!

February 23, 2011 at 7:10 am |
  50. AleeD@All & Jdizz

"Good mornin',
    Good mornin'!
    We've talked the whole night through,
    Good mornin'
    Good mornin' to you!"

[From yesterday's thread]
    Jdizz, I don't remember Brent Spiner on Night Court (LOVED that show!) so I looked it up on imdb.com. "Bob Wheeler" didn't ring any bells. That means .... I'm going to add "Night Court" DVDs to my Christmas list.

Thanks for the memories!