Box lunch
November 30th, 2010

Sink your teeth into today's top stories from around the globe.

• Something to look forward to after getting acquainted with a TSA agent: airports and airlines are boozier than ever! - USA Today

• Bravo Farms of California recently recalled all of its cheese - including cheddar sold under the Whole Foods Market name. - NPR

• From Cam’ron’s Sizzurp to Danny DeVito’s Limoncello, the best and worst of celebrity spirits. - Flavorwire

• Farm schools take root in Chicago's South Side. - The Atlantic

• If you're going to shop until you drop, you're going to need some healthy food court fuel. Here's a hint: Cinnabon is not classified as such. - Health.com
Posted by:
Filed under: Box Lunch • News

1. AuroraDawn

@RH Cupcakes and martinis! Thanks for the sugar! So what kind of non-political problems???

November 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm |
    • RichardHead@AD

Yes,and WD will bring flowers. Comcast is having problems cause i've gpt slow servers or something.

November 30, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
      • Truth

And we are a little late on the 5@5 too...;(

November 30, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Well I've got the cupcakes martinis and flowers-we can all play now.

November 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead

And I am almost out of here. Either grilled shrimp or bacon-wrapped tenderloin tonight. Both are in the frig...not sure.

November 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Surf and Turf Bro while Naked Grilling. Have a great night.

November 30, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  2. Sir Biddle@truth

Sounds good. Looking to do some salmon filets and couscous tonight. Figure I'll just experiment with some marinade/seasoning once I pull things out and prep.

November 30, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  3. Truth@RichHead, AD

AD – MAJOR lump in the throat here. I do some volunteer work with the poor, so I know what you mean.
    RHead – Fish turned out great. Served it over rice, with a little soy sauce and a salad with ginger dressing. Not bad, if I do say so. I think my bride likes coming home to dinner already in the works.

November 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm |
  4. Sir Biddle@AD

You're an angel.

November 30, 2010 at 2:46 pm |
    • Confucious

AD – Ancient Chinese proverb say that good deeds are like stones thrown into tranquil pond, whose ripples will touch all.

November 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
  5. Truth@RichHead, AD

Head, you got to make that hay while the sun shines. Travel safely and enjoy the scenery and company of WD.

AD – Bless your heart for what you do! May you and yours be blessed abundantly!

November 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
    • AuroraDawn

Thanks Truth, it's great when I can make it happen....more often than not though for a multitude of reasons it doesn't. For this little gal ...I probably would have cut a check myself, if my proposal had been denied.....they are an expensive item,but well worth it. She is a tiny little thing going on 6 years old....The best gift I will get this year, was hearing her Mom on the phone when I told her.

November 30, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
    • RichardHead

Thanks Truth-Crazy weather cuz this is normally a piece of cake run. How'd the blackend fish turn out?

November 30, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
  6. RichardHead

WD and I are resting in Jacksonville FL.. for right now. Gotta load in Plant City FL. tomorrow morning. Hell of a storm came thru and knocked us off our timeline but no problems now. AD is probably eating cupcakes!

November 30, 2010 at 2:25 pm |
    • Sir Biddle@RH

Thought of you driving through the big mess that slammed Mississippi recently. Tell WD to put on the yellow rain slicker for pitstops.

November 30, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
      • RichardHead@SirB

She hates it when that wind blows up the wrong end!

November 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  7. Truth@RichHead, Biddle

I have been slammed at the office all morning. Not a fun day here.

November 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  8. Sir Biddle@RH,truth,AD

Wondered where you guys and Aurora were today. Been kind of quite without you.

November 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm |
    • AuroraDawn

Hey I have just had a busy day today! But, I managed to wrangle a life changing item for a very deserving little gal. Will save her parents thousands of dollars and poor little thing won't have to inject herself with insulin 3 times a day. I'm really happy.

November 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
      • Jerv@AD

Smiles. Just made my day, thanks!

November 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
      • RichardHead@AD

Thank You Sunshine-Cupcakes later? You do damn good work for a worthy cause. Now DR.AD Truth has been having these NON-Political problems lately. Any remedies?

November 30, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
  9. Truth@RichHead

Was wondering where you were at?
    How are you and WD today?

November 30, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  10. RichardHead

Truth has been a Very good Boy lately. Better call a DR. and have him checked out. Wassup guy's?

November 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
  11. Truth@EGrin, Biddle

Hey, I've been laying off the politics since the election ;)

November 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
    • Jerv@Truth

Yeah, me too. And I have been laying off of eatocracy as well. Found myself spending more time here than doing my work and got way behind. LOL! Too much fun and food here to resist.

November 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

And we're more than delighted to have y'all here. Sorry about all the politics. It's just what we...do, sometimes.

November 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
      • Confucious

Ancient Chinese proverb says that a day without Eatocracy is like a day without food itself, the sustenance of life.

November 30, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
    • Evil Grin

I've noticed!

November 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm |
  12. Sir Biddle@EG

I'm not taking sides nor complaining people are talking about it, I guess I'm jaded and tired of the political theater. Living in DC you see way too much of it from watching the news, to going out to eat at a restaurant, to meeting someone new for the first time.

November 30, 2010 at 1:08 pm |
    • Evil Grin

That's for sure.

November 30, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  13. Evil Grin

On another note... there's healthy food court food?

November 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  14. Sir Biddle

How about we keep this area closed to any political talk. I think the Food Safty act has people all nutty like the day we had the Vegan/Veggie/Meatlovers day a few weeks ago.

Bad mojo man, too much negative energy flying around.

November 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
    • Evil Grin

That's just the way things are. An article will hit a hot button – usually about government regulations, tipping or veg vs. meat, and we'll all chime in and debate heavily for a few days until we lose interest or decide it's not worth it. Don't worry, we'll get distracted by a nice stack of pancakes before too long.

November 30, 2010 at 1:00 pm |