September 10th, 2010

1. Yay Publix!

It's a good idea. I remembered Publix tried a grocery home delivery service too a couple of years ago but have since cancelled it.
    Don't want to instigate anything either but if lazy people want to be lazy, how does that concern you?
    But gotta love Publix! Good chain that can do no wrong :)

September 11, 2010 at 4:02 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

I don't care what people do in their own homes. But, to answer your question, because if I were to shop there it would drive up the cost of my groceries. How much? A negligible amount. But it keeps amounting. Long live farmers markets! Short live the middle man!

September 11, 2010 at 9:27 am |
  2. Charlotte

I think this is great for handicapped people. You know, it's not that new a concept. Back in the olden days, it was possible to phone a grocery order in to the store and their delivery boy would bring it to your doorstep. And we used to get glass bottles of milk delivered to the doorstep every morning in a little wire caddy, along with whatever else Mom left on the note the previous day (butter, cottage cheese, sour cream....).

September 10, 2010 at 6:02 pm |
    • PairazzHilton

It was called Shepps Dairy or Borden Milk-and they never missed a delivery.

September 10, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
    • Truth

It all ended when the liberals told women to go to work or else they would not be fulfilled. Now they have to get their own milk on their way home to catch Oprah tell them that it is ok to be fat and inactive.

September 11, 2010 at 10:47 am |

LOL

September 11, 2010 at 11:12 am |
      • Joy

Well you just proved you never watch Oprah or know anything about her. DUH!

September 11, 2010 at 3:56 pm |
  3. Ariel Mankowski

There are many reasons (beside being lazy) for a person to use this service. Parents with a carload of children. People in a hurry after work who need to rush home and prepare dinner. Elderly people who are not necessarily disabled but still can't walk any distance. Someone who is temporarily disabled – has the flu, a broken foot, etc. A massively pregnant woman.

My husband uses a wheelchair 100% of the time and loves to do the grocery shopping on line. I have no problem with going to the store and picking up our grocery order, even though I am able-bodies.

Stop being so judgemental!

September 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Maybe the massively pregnant woman should get a real man that would do it for her when she's in that temporary condition. Like me. *Flex* *pose* *whip out comb and groom hair 'Grease' style*

September 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm |
      • RichardHead

"Stand Back while I whip it out"-Blazing Saddles.

September 10, 2010 at 4:14 pm |
  4. Truth

Good Lord, but people are lazy.
    How's that national obesity epidemic working out for you?

September 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  5. Evil Grin

Am I going to start something if I say this sounds incredibly lazy to me? Don't get me wrong, I'd take advantage of the service, I'm sure, but it just seems so lazy to not even be bothered to get out of the car to buy your one groceries. Sounds like a great service for someone who has trouble walking, or who is ill, though.

I wonder if it'll become a "voluntary" 15% of the total grocery bill tip to the person who brings the food to you.

September 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Like when fat people use those electric carts to drag themselves around when a perfectly disabled person needs to use it?

September 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
      • Evil Grin

Oh man, you caught me! Your ninja spies were cleverly hidden, I'll give you that.

September 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm |
      • RichardHead

I agree with you Jdizzle. I'm gonna get one of those Ahooooga Horns and mount it on my grocery cart to move their fat asses out of the way while parking in the middle of the aisle.Left side-right side,it's like driving a car.

September 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
      • Joy

I don't use those carts in the store but I'd like to know how you know so much about a person's health to know if they need the cart or not. Are you their persona doctor following them around or what? Most people can't walk because of breathing problems. How can you know how their lungs are just by looking at them? Stop being so judgmental because I guarantee you it will come back to haunt you someday.

September 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm |